Reviews for Restructuring Life
gadez chapter 19 . 4/21/2011
ive read a lot of post winter war stories, but this one is certainly unique and well written.
empathapathique chapter 11 . 6/19/2010
Hmm. Very lovely developments. I will say that I disagree with your characterization of Inoue in this chapter. In terms of power, I don't feel that Inoue is weak; as you said in a previous note, it is her lack of confidence that makes her weak. I'd add that her reliance on others makes her weak as well, and, in general, a lack of strength in all convictions she seems to possess, except, perhaps, her almost blind love of Ichigo, which, though it pushes her forward, I feel is detrimental to her growth. But I'm pseudo-ranting, and not at all explaining myself.

I didn't agree with Inoue's violent reaction-the punch-because Inoue is not a violent person. Even though she initially manifests her powers to save Tatsuki, her attacks never involve her physically harming someone with her fists. That's more Rukia, or Ichigo, even. I believe that she is the sort of person who turns inward when these sorts of things occur, blaming herself for her own short comings rather than looking at others for fault. While I do think she may have been angry, her past behavior has shown her as-forgive me-a weepy character, and I imagine her doing a lot of crying right now. WHile I'm all for character growth and development through fanfic-Lord knows Orihime needs it-I don't feel that you explained her growth so much as to make her explosive reaction believable.

Anyway, I'm very much enjoying your work. Off to chapter 11.
empathapathique chapter 3 . 6/19/2010
As a stark IchiRuki fan, I can say that I enjoyed the way you wrote the IchiOri. Really, it was very in character, so kudos for that. This is my first review, and I want to say that I'm very intrigued with your writing and the plot you are slowly weaving in these chapters. Great job so far :)
Eatfoodzap chapter 15 . 8/1/2009
wow, that was amazing. Like, the way you made her inner world and such was so realistic and well-done, great job. I wouldn't be surprised if this actually happened, wow.

Great job!
NotQuiteDG chapter 18 . 6/10/2009
SEQUEL! I love the way you write. Characters are not OOC, the sentences flow, the plot turns are good. SEQUEL!
Taeniaea chapter 19 . 6/3/2009
great story
I Cant Think Of a Good Name34 chapter 19 . 6/2/2009
Sweet

story
NotQuiteDG chapter 19 . 5/31/2009
awesome! pretty well done for your first full fic, cant wait for the sequel
RukiLex chapter 19 . 5/28/2009
Nice wrap up, especially the flashback explanations which we've been dying to hear since from the get-go! I like Rukia as a captain (my preference, of course). It's nice to see her on equal footing with the boys. Nice resolution with Tatsuki, as well.

You've done a nice job, too, setting up the future action/tension in the story. I look forward to much more IchiRuki angst - hahaha! You do a good job with it...don't fear the cheese/schmaltz! We all love it.

Excellent work, as always! Great story.

RukiLex chapter 18 . 5/28/2009
I especially enjoy your writing when you are describing the inner thoughts of your characters, and, you've pulled me in again with Tatsuki in this chapter! Excellent. And, of course, I'm happy to see Tatsuki take her rightful place as a defender of Karakura. :D

Nice interaction with Rukia and Byakuya, too. I liked her little "ploy" to get what she wanted - very cleverly done. Someone should punch him. Okay, I said it. Love Byakuya, but, seriously...enough with the overprotective brother garbage. He'll nearly let Rukia get herself executed, but you'll oppose her promotion...LOL! Glad she put him in his place.

Looking forward to reading the wrap-up!

RukiLex chapter 17 . 5/28/2009
Nice resolution and nice approach to the inner dialogue of the characters, especially Ichigo! Gates of Hell, huh? They may not be good enough for Kurotsuchi! :-)

I also enjoyed the description of Tatsuki's body releasing its unwanted spirit. Nicely done!

Nice humor bit at the end - LOVE Ikkaku - he is such a crazy idiot, I just can't help it...

Reading on! :D

Have Socks. Will Travel chapter 19 . 5/26/2009
AH! Last chapter! how dare you! Hopefully you get working on the next book really soon! This story was good and exactly the right length. I know some stories (mine included) that hang on forever and ever. I have to say that this was perfect!

Keep up the writing and I look forward to hearing more from you! I'll have to keep up with you though, as my emails from ff. net have stopped coming... I wonder why... :/
DarkJason chapter 19 . 5/25/2009
That story was beautiful! I got all the way to the end! And just to get a kick out of it, I'm gonna read it again! As for the ending, I believed it pretty much summarized everything that happened, Ichigo knocked out by Aizen, Rukia reviving him, Ichigo finally defeating Aizen, Tatsuki expressing what had happened to her, and Rukia and Ichigo happy ending, or is it? I loved this story so much and I know that your sequel is gonna be awesomesauce! I give this chapter a 100/100! Well done! And just for that, your officially one of my most favorite authors on Fan ! I know this is the last review for the story, but... I can't leave without doing one last Shinigami Cup Short in tribute to this and the sequel! And now without further adieu, here it is!

Shinigami Cup (Special Edtion)

Rukia: "Hey Ichigo?"

Ichigo: "Yeah?"

(Rukia smirks)

Ichigo: "Well what? Why are you making that stupid smirk on your face?

Rukia: "Just wanted to see your reaction on how I looked in a captain's uniform."

Ichigo: "You really want to know what I think?"

Rukia: "Please, do tell."

(Ichigo's genuine smile)

Ichigo: "You look beautiful, Rukia."

Rukia: "I KNEW IT-really?"

Ichigo: "Yeah! I mean, you've come a long way, Rukia. When I first met you, you gave me the power to protect, but now that your a captain, I realize that you probably don't want to see me anymore."

Rukia: "Ichigo, what are you saying?"

Ichigo: "I'm saying that with you as captain, that means you'll spend more time with Renji, and make him work under you and you'll forget everything we've done together." (sniffles)

Rukia: "Ichigo, come here."

(Ichigo walks up to Rukia)

(Rukia slaps Ichigo upside his head)

Ichigo: "OW! What was that for you crazy midget?"

(Rukia kicks him in the shins)

Ichigo: "OW! I guess I deserved that."

Rukia: "Ichigo, listen. Just because I'm a captain, doesn't mean I'll appoint Renji to be my lieutenant. He may be my best friend, but I love you!"

Ichigo: "Seriously?"

Rukia: "If there's anything that I've learned from being with you, is that you're really stubborn, reckless, rude, don't care what other people think of you, and that you get you're too dependent on me. But... without those qualities, you never would have made everyone think differently of you or your friends when you came to save me, and you wouldn't have defeated Aizen on your own. So for that I should be thanking you, Strawberry."

Ichigo: "I guess some things will never change." (laughs)

(Rukia and Ichigo kiss romantically)

Renji: "NO!"

Byakuya: (ahem) "You're less than a foot away from me, so refrain from making my ears bleed from your screaming."

Renji: "Sorry captain. So what are you going to do, captain?"

Byakuya: "Something I should have done a long time ago. Ichigo Kurosaki?"

Ichigo: "What ever it is that you're going to do, I'll promise I'll fight with all my soul, Byakuya."

Byakuya: "I know that."

(Byakuya offers his gratitude)

Ichigo: "(gasps) Is this?"

Byakuya: "Yes, a Nintendo Wii."

(Renji, Ichigo, Rukia)"SAY WHAT?"

Ichigo: "Where did you get this and why are you giving it to me?"

Byakuya: "To battle me of course."

Ichigo: "This has to be some kind of joke! But just in case it isn't, what game should we play?"

Byakuya: "Your choice, Ichigo."

Ichigo: "Really? Well then. I guess it wouldn't hurt if we played... Mario Kart Wii!"

Byakuya: "Very well, Ichigo. If you get in first place while battling people online, you can date Rukia."

Renji: "But, captain. That's supposed to me my Rukia!"

Byakuya: Correct me if I'm wrong Renji but was it not you and lieutenant Momo Hinamori making out in my office on my desk a few days ago?"

Rukia: "Renji! Shame on you!"

Ichigo: "Yeah, Renji. Who knew you had the hots for her, pineapple head!"

Renji: "Shut up, strawberry!"

Byakuya: "Moving on. If you lose, you have to go to the SWA meeting in my place without your shirt off, but your pants stays on!"

(Ichigo thinking): Right now, that doesn't sound like a bad idea. I can get Rukia, then go on our date! Killing two birds with one stone!"

Ichigo: "You're on, Byakuya!"

Byakuya: I have to warn you, there's no way I can lose."

(2 hours later)

Renji imitates Byakuya's voice: "There's no way I can lose! Captain, I can't believe you lost! Do you know what that means?"

Byakuya: "What?"

Renji: Uh, more time in your office with Momo? I mean oops!"

(Byakuya grins evil like Kenpachi)

Byakuya: "Bankai, Senbonzakura Kageyoshi."

Renji: "Can't you take a joke, captain?" (screams like a girl)

Byakuya: "Right after you're as bald as the 3rd seat from Zaraki's squad!"

Ichigo and Rukia: Coming soon in June, Laying Foundations! We hope to see you there! Until then, catch you guys later!"
Satosky chapter 19 . 5/25/2009
It was a...melancholy ending to the story haha. Kinda want Ichigo to stay in SS to become a taicho himself but that is just me. I enjoyed the fact you did it in your style.
outlaw hunter chapter 19 . 5/25/2009
Wow its over. This story has been fantastic from start to finish. You ended the story well and shoud be proud. I can bearly wait for the sequal. Don't be surpised if you see my name on a review when you start posting again. Untill next time Saigo no Hajime!