Reviews for The EightFold Path
AM78 chapter 20 . 6/17/2012
Wow what an outstanding story. So full of tragety, but still made for a great read. Really the only complaint I have is that this would have better as a full story rather than drabbles, but it's still phenominal either way. Great job. Ever though of writing another?
AM78 chapter 15 . 6/17/2012
This just keeps getting better. I love how you included the introduction of firearms to the era. Not too many people know that it took place the same time the Inuyasha series does.
AM78 chapter 10 . 6/17/2012
Ouch! I think I felt that shot Miroku took. Glad to see I'm not the only one here who is familiar with weapons from the time period.
AM78 chapter 9 . 6/17/2012
Another excellent chapter. Throwing in Haruo getting slayer training was a great idea for the story. It sounds like something Sango would jump at the chance for. Not only would she enjoy it, but it would help integrate Haruo into the family.
AM78 chapter 7 . 6/16/2012
Again your ability to depict the characters accurately is impressive. I agree Sango would treat Harou like one of her own. She's always so protective of everyone around her. Very forgiving too.
AM78 chapter 6 . 6/16/2012
I hate to leave a generic "good job" review on this chapter, but it's too short for anything else. Nice imagery though.
AM78 chapter 5 . 6/16/2012
Another excellent chapter. You really gave us a great view of every character's feelings on the issue, especially Miroku. I could see how it must be horrible to go through what he had to deal with here.
AM78 chapter 4 . 6/3/2012
While this was a short chapter, I love the big twist you threw in at the end. And the way you had it brought up so innocently through children playing made it even more dark and shocking. Great job.
AM78 chapter 3 . 6/1/2012
Great chapter. I think this is the best by far, mainly because you did so well showing all the characters thoughts and feelings. Again, you did an amazing job with limited space.

I like how you have Miroku still getting turned on by peeping in on Sango, even though he's been married to her for so long. Good old Miroku. He may be domesticated now, but he's still a perv at heart. But at the same time, you showed his concern for Sango was more important, thus revealing the more noble side beneath his pervy exterior. Good job with that.

I like how you showed Inuyasha's impatience with the whole situation, and how he was getting sick of Sango's problems present in his own home. That does sound just like him. He's so protective of Kagome he'd want to keep away the problems of his other friends.

And I like how you've shown the problems Sango has with adjusting to family life. I'm glad she still protects the village. Too many writers of post-manga stories have her being a total stay-at-home mom who never fights or trains any more. I can't see her ever doing that. She'd leave Miroku if that was what life with him required.

At the same time, you have shown her vulnerability to commitment and trust issues and how those can be harder for her to deal with then actual combat.

There were a few things I didn't like though. One is that I don't think Miroku's prestiege in the village would increase when it was discovered he had an illegitimate child out of wedlock and didn't even know until now. That would be considered quite shameful by most people in that society.

Then there was this line:

"The comments and congratulations sickened him. From what Kagome said, he was far ahead of his time – perhaps it was because he had traveled with her on a deadly quest before settling down, but Miroku had always seen Sango as a companion, a teammate… a friend, in addition to a gorgeous woman. He refused to see her as an object, as a piece of property."

That's not entirely true. When Sango first joined the group, Miroku treated her body as his personal play-toy, just like he did with all other women. So yes, for a time he did treat her as an object. It was only after spending a lot of time with her that he got to point he's at now.

But still, this was an excellent chapter and I'm looking forward to more.
AM78 chapter 2 . 5/31/2012
Well this was a short one, and I think it would have benefitted from being longer. All the things Miroku described are things I would have liked to see when they happened, not hear about them after the fact.

I did like how you showed Sango being instantly accepting of the boy in their home, at least outwardly. That does sound like something she would do. The reference to how she was in dealing with Kohaku when he was under Naraku's control was a nice touch as well.
AM78 chapter 1 . 5/30/2012
I know this is an old story, but that's how far back I had to turn back the clock to find a good Mir/San fic of full length of I've decided to give this a shot.

I gotta say this is a really good start. It's really impressive how you've crammed so much substance into such a short chapter without making it feel rushed or forced. You managed to go right from the joy of Mir/San's post-manga life right into the shock that could bring it all down with excellent detail in each one.

I also like how you showed the conflict Miroku was facing. He didn't want to deal with this situation, but under the circumstnaces he couldn't turn him away. Good job showing the noble side beneath his perversion.

I wonder how Sango is going to react to this, and what sort of impact this is going to have on the family.
Eikyuu Kosai Awards II chapter 20 . 8/1/2010
Congratulations! Your fic has won 1st PLACE for BEST MULTICHAPTER WORK, 1st PLACE for BEST DARKFIC/ANGST, and 1st PLACE for BEST DRAMA at EIKYUU KOSAI, the Miroku/Sango Fandom Awards. Established in 2009, this group strives to recognize those outstanding pieces of fanfiction and art from the Inuyasha universe, which put special emphasis on the Mir/San pairing. Twice a year, our members come together to nominate and vote in 17 different categories, including a special ‘Hidden Treasure’ award, for those gems that might have been missed the first time around.

To learn more about Eikyuu Kosai, please visit our FanFiction dot net profile. There, you can find the latest on our current slate of nominations, as well as pick up your nominee banner!

Our next term will commence in January 2011. The group will be open to recommendations during our downtime, so please feel free to join in the proceedings!

Congratulations once again!
Eikyuu Kosai Awards II chapter 19 . 7/14/2010
Congratulations! Your fic has been nominated for BEST MULTICHAPTER WORK, BEST DARKFIC/ANGST, and BEST DRAMA at EIKYUU KOSAI, the Miroku/Sango Fandom Awards. Established in 2009, this group strives to recognize those outstanding pieces of fanfiction and art from the Inuyasha universe, which put special emphasis on the Mir/San pairing. Twice a year, our members come together to nominate and vote in 17 different categories, including a special ‘Hidden Treasure’ award, for those gems that might have been missed the first time around. [To be eligible for ‘Hidden Treasure’ during the July 2010 term, work must have been posted prior to January 1, 2010.]

Our current slate of nominations (and the nominee banner) can be found here: community. livejournal mirsanawards / 28103. html

Nominations run from July 1 - July 14th, 2010, with voting from July 18 - July 31st, 2010.

Congratulations once again, and please feel free to join in the proceedings!
Eikyuu Kosai Awards II chapter 1 . 7/14/2010
Congratulations! Your fic has been nominated for BEST MULTICHAPTER WORK at EIKYUU KOSAI, the Miroku/Sango Fandom Awards. Established in 2009, this group strives to recognize those outstanding pieces of fanfiction and art from the Inuyasha universe, which put special emphasis on the Mir/San pairing. Twice a year, our members come together to nominate and vote in 17 different categories, including a special ‘Hidden Treasure’ award, for those gems that might have been missed the first time around. [To be eligible for ‘Hidden Treasure’ during the July 2010 term, work must have been posted prior to January 1, 2010.]

Congratulations once again, and please feel free to join in the proceedings!
miroku ikeda chapter 20 . 5/17/2010
When my grandfather died i didn't cry as much as i cried while reading the last few chapters of this story. what more can i possibly say?