Reviews for Eien No Kessoku: Gouka
Birdy1796 chapter 20 . 5/22
Wow. You really blew me away with this story. I don't know what to say, so I guess I'll start with the first impression I've got after finishing this story. Usually Sasusaku fics just revolve around, well, Sasuke and Sakura's feelings for each other. It's not a bad thing, since some stories develop their growing attachment pretty well, but your story is the first I've ever read that address the issues of living in a shinobi world, where little kids go to school every day to learn how to kill, and people have to endure physical and emotional pains that could drive any of us in the real world insane. I love all the characters, since you've made them so believable and lovable (no matter how twisted their lives had been, like Sasuke). I love Sakura the most! She is definitely not a sappy heroine who is always ready to get a nervous breakdown because !gasp! Sasuke leaves her again! You've described her as a girl so strong and optimistic, a real figure for me to look up to when I'm feeling whiny.
I also love the serious message about Change and Acceptance of differences in people. What our world is constantly striving to get are the same things that Naruto, Sakura and Sasuke never stop fighting for: life without violence, equal opportunities, the right to freely express ourselves without being seen as weak. I think that's what Naruto (the series) is really about, and people are overlooking the big message to get lost in shipping wars and Mr Kishi's crazy plot twists.
And you have given all the crazy problems that Kishimoto invented a satifying, optimistic ending. I am really moved by Sakura's words when they are burning Itachi's corpse, and by Sasuke and Naruto's at the trial. I think that's the most satisfying conclusion to Sasuke's nightmarish life. He is finally able to make peace with his past and ready to start a new life in peace. Sasuke's life is the perfect mirror of every shinobi's life, of Konoha itself. His acceptance in the shinobi world is the part which really signifies the shinobi world's acceptance to change.
Phew! I am really sorry to have bothered you with my rants. This is my first time giving such a long review, it's because your story is so amazing that I have to drop what I've been doing (I strayed from homework because of your story) to read and taste and chew your words over and over. Thank you so much for this experience. Be sure that this story will be on my Read Again list.

PS: Excuse me for any grammatical errors in this review. I'm not a native English speaker, and your story just gave me a roller coaster word ride with so many thoughts flying around in my head.
UHHHH chapter 5 . 8/20/2014
Who the hell is the woman with "blue eyes and dark hair"? Is that supposed to be Kushina? Because that's not right. And Minato seems a little off in characterization. Just sayin'. Otherwise, the story is pretty good for an AU pertaining to canon.
waitwaitwaitwait chapter 3 . 8/19/2014
nooooooooooooooo why - wait it's sai isn't it

but tsunadeeee, shes so cool i hope she doesn't dieee!
Guest chapter 20 . 3/10/2014
That was a beautiful ending to a wonderful story
Ataea chapter 19 . 2/15/2014
I really wanted to give up on this story. I really didn't want to like this story at all. It was an ambitious undertaking, the scope of your plot, the diversity of characters, the ambition of your story. I really didn't want to like it, mainly because it would be so hard to write well. You proved me wrong.

This is a magnificent epic that encapsulates the vastness and potential of the Naruto universe, and you've managed to incorporate almost all of the main characters to a realistic extent. The plotline was spellbinding and captivating. As much as I could anticipate it, could dislike it, could feel uncomfortable about the direction of the plot, I couldn't stop myself. This was a marvellous story in every respect.

I came into this story thinking that it would be another classic angst/fluff SasuSaku. I was proven wrong. You were able to develop the relationship between Sasuke and Sakura in a realistic way, in the war-torn world they lived in. At the same time, you built a heartrending and lovable cast around them, and brought in a storyline that was both well-worn and original. You've used several well-known plot aspects and combined them in a completely unique way, to tell a story that could not be mistaken for anyone else's.

Thank you for this gift, for this journey. I didn't expect it. At times, I didn't want it. But you managed a satisfying ending, closure for everyone, and no one I truly loved ended up dead (as much as it would be realistic to have one or more of the main leads dying off). Thank you. I'll definitely be reading this story again.
Ataea chapter 6 . 2/15/2014
I just wanted to say that you really caught me off balance with this fic. Usually a SasuSaku labelled Romance/Friendship is nothing more than PWP and pointless fluff that verges on the inane and OOC. But you're really doing something epic here. Colour me pleasantly surprised.
NuraHikari chapter 19 . 2/4/2014
Oh I don't want Sakura to die. She and Sasuke have been through so much. They deserve to be happy.
shkh4ever chapter 19 . 1/29/2014
No chakra for Naruto and one arm, no sharingan for Sasuke and poor health for Sakura. What a sad ending. Until next time.
NuraHikari chapter 18 . 1/2/2014
wow this is amazing. It's so exciting I can't wait until the next chapter. Please don't keep us waiting to long. I want to know what happens to sasuke Sakura and naruto.
SnowCharms chapter 18 . 12/31/2013
Your story was well written, and I did feel emotionally strained to an extent when I read it, which is good because that is what you're trying to make us readers feel right? I can't wait to see more.
NuraHikari chapter 8 . 12/29/2013
I love the first story and this one is just as good. Please continue to upload it :)
leafstone chapter 18 . 12/24/2013
great story.
NuraHikari chapter 17 . 11/18/2013
please continue the story. it's awesome. When will the new chapter be up?
leafstone chapter 17 . 10/4/2013
great story.
Princess Ren chapter 17 . 8/16/2013
So much death..! But it's war.. I can understand that.. It's just to much.. But then again, you have captured what it takes for it to be so.

I was amazed at how you did this monster..! Its so good..!

I guess Sasuke is fighting an inner battled which I don't even know if he's willing to win but then again it's hard for him..!

And Naruto..! His body is now gone..? What will happen..?

Gai dead, Genma too.. Whose next..? Please no more.. I hate to see them die..

And Ino and Sai..! I love their part as well as accepting that their part in the war is over.. It looks like closure for them i that war..

And what will Sakura do now..? And Kakashi and Obito..!

This story is really an epic..! I just wonder why so little reviews for it.. But anyways, as long as you update, I'm glad..! Keep up the good work..!