Reviews for The Nomads
Lexik chapter 10 . 1/16
The analogy made at the beginning about Modern!Isis being like a beetle really stuck with me throughout. Especially how one of her brothers only had the shell, and the other only had the wings, so she stayed with them.

Then, Téana's observation that stories about the Egyptian gods made the deities sound more human than stories about humans. That really sums up a lot of old mythos really well, and gave me a bit of a chuckle too.

Also, I fully agree with the silliness of the wigs from both perspectives. Greedy indeed to wear hair when you already have your own, and redundant to cut it off only to put it back on. Hehe.

Ahh, Atem's proposal is worrisome. And who does he think he is, asking someone to marry him without offering his real name? Right after she came clean about everything, too.

A lot went wrong there for him, though. Poor guy.

I'm curious when the stuff in that second chapter (first by your numbering, second by default) will connect to the main story.

In any case, kudos :)
Guest chapter 10 . 12/11/2014
This was a wonderful read! I hope that if you ever find some time to spare, you will consider returning to this story! Thank you :)
morrisliana chapter 1 . 11/26/2014
I AM SO HOOKED! Please make another chapter soon so I can read more
Guest chapter 10 . 3/11/2014
I'm hooked! This story is amazing! I really want to know what happens next, please update soon :)
EllieMurasaki chapter 10 . 1/27/2014
Oh no, Teana. This isn't going to go well, is it.
mollycoddle chapter 10 . 5/12/2013
NO DON'T MISUNDERSTAND SHE LOVES YOU AND YOU HAVE TO LIVE HAPPILY EVER AFTER IN THIS CRUEL WORLD.

Yeah, really great fic, makes me all emotional.
mollycoddle chapter 3 . 5/12/2013
I. Am. So. Excited.
mollycoddle chapter 1 . 5/12/2013
I haven't even read YGO and I adore this.
Guest chapter 10 . 3/19/2013
Aughh... Please, please update. I love this story so much, it's one of the best that I have ever read. I can't wait for the next chapter.
Minirowan chapter 10 . 3/16/2013
This story is simply amazing.

I still don't understand the significance of the chapter with Valon and Rafael. I can only assume they will play a role in protecting Teana and the others or something along those lines.

In any case, I hope this matter with Teana's deliriousness is cleared up soon. Given the wonderfully crafted backstory, and your skill at characterizing him, I hate seeing Atem distressed. I have come across too many Egyptian fics in which he's cruel and egotistical. This Atem is much closer to how I imagine he would have been like; he is both confident like Yami and innocent like Yugi. I always thought Atem was a fusion of the two to some extent, given he is Yugi's past life.

Your writing is awesome to say the least. You've also done a marvelous job building up Teana and Atem's relationship. It was easy to see how their upbringing affected their personalities, how their lives paralleled each other, and how effortlessly it was for them to relate with each other and become close.

I can't ignore what you've done with Jono and Maibe ether; their relationship progresses more slowly but every moment you show us is significant and shows great depth to both characters.

Seren is also a joy; that she and Hopki have become so close is heartwarming. On that note, I'm curious to see how Seren's necklace becomes an heirloom for female Tomb Keepers. Since it was such a meaningful gift I assume she somehow becomes one of the first generation of Tomb Keepers.

Also, I hope Teana's vision was a jumble of possible futures. But really, that was horrible timing, with her and Atem finally going somewhere and all.

Anyway, I really hope you'll update this soon. I've exhausted myself looking for good AnzuxYugi fics, and this is more than good, it is spectacular!
Jocasta Silver chapter 8 . 3/1/2013
Yikes! So now the tribe is coming after them. I like the conversation between Jono and Maibe, a really good exploration of their developing relationship.
icecreamlova chapter 10 . 1/28/2013
Whoops, I didn't realise that I hadn't signed in when I reviewed... (mine is the one that started with "wow"
Guest chapter 10 . 1/28/2013
Wow. I always expect good chapters from you, but this one was exceptional. Everything between the core gang as they discuss their future and desires. The Atem & Teana scene was marvellous and angsty (my favourite!) and interrupted at *just* that moment (also my favourite!) And it gave me such feelings of foreboding.

And the reveaaaal. I did not expect it to go down quite like that, but it was perfect and messy and complicated.

That cliffhanger is just rude. No, Teana D:

(Not much to say, this time. Too caught up in the story. :D)
SamCyberCat chapter 10 . 1/28/2013
It's such a lovely surprise to see this story updated after such a long while. :3 I always really look forward to reading new chapters, because you clearly put a lot of effort and care into the detail. Especially how the characters interact with each other. You're not just putting the modern characters into an Ancient Egyptian setting - you're making is believable that they're part of that setting.

Needless to say, I'm really looking forward to reading more about what's going to happen to Téana.
YumeTakato chapter 10 . 1/26/2013
I really enjoyed the chapter and look forward to the next! See you next time!