Reviews for Repentance
LadyoftheShield chapter 1 . 10/11/2011
I find it sad how Blackfire refuses to repent. I don't like her, but that doesn't mean I can't pity her...

I liked the way you matured Starfire. It was definitely believable.

I snickered when Blackfire flipped her hair in the middle of a fight. Confident much?

I bet Rob- Sorry, Nightwing- shouted "Starfire!" mentally at least once. Old habits die hard.

The fight scene was clear and well written out. I'm glad you didn't give Starfire an easy win. :D

Overall, very nice job.
KuroiTori-sama chapter 1 . 2/9/2011
Hey, that was one pretty good chapter there.

I honestly think you have what it takes to write a proper, multi-chaptered epic, should you ever find it interesting enough to bother. XD
GrossGirl18 chapter 1 . 2/13/2010
lantern of hope chapter 1 . 1/10/2010
A quick note before my review: thank you simply for writing fanfiction with Blackfire in it. There outta be more of these on .

On the positive side, you mentioned that you mainly wrote this one-shot for the sake of writing a battle scene, and you certainly succeeded; this is probably the best action themed fic I've ever read (if only because 90% of all fanfiction is romance based).

My one point of criticism is that the setup leading to the battle could've been better. The concept of Starfire traveling across the galaxy with her family for the sole purpose of beating her sister up strikes me as "unlikely" to say the least. (And I don't buy that a passage of time is enough excuse for Starfire's OOCness).

Still, I liked this story. It was genuinely exciting to read.
Rexan chapter 1 . 1/3/2010
I was kind of wondering why Starfire brought her kid to go and visit Blackfire if she just wanted to beat her up. o_o But this was pretty good. I don't remember the Blackfire episodes much, but from what I DO remember, nice job with writing her! :D Another good fic from you. )
Amanthya chapter 1 . 11/5/2009
Good characterization of Blackfire, but seriously, do you think Star would bring her kid to watch her beat the crap out of her sister? Would she bring the kid at all?
bellasluckranout chapter 1 . 6/27/2009
this one is great!i only made one with robin having logs lost sibling because i felt he needed some. but i think i deleted it after somebody made a rude review. but to make one with blackfire was genuis
FrivolousFlare chapter 1 . 5/6/2009
It was very good, I'll give you that.

I don't get why Starfire visited her, onlyy to end up trying to kill Blackfire infront of her child.

Still, Blackfire's character was portrayed very well. And I agree, there aren't enough Blackfire fics out there. Keep writing!
DeathIsOnlyTheBeginin chapter 1 . 4/18/2009
I am not a Starfire/Robin(or Nightwing) fan. However, this one-shot I like, simply because it didn't focus around them enough to make me want to vomit. I thought it was lovely.

As far as the center-story/interaction between Blackfire and Star progressed- amazing job. You really don't see Blackfire enough in TT FanFiction, and when you do, she's poorly written; with no depth, no real intellect. She's typically written as an evil, jealous bitch who wants nothing more than to destroy her sister's happiness and steal Robin away from her... which is ridiculous. But, alas, they write her that way. No one ever asks why Blackfire is the way she is, no one wonders how she thinks when she's alone, why she plots, why she hates. No one wants to explore WHY or HOW. And it's a shame, because WHY and HOW are great supporters of WHO. And you cannot write a character convincingly unless you know WHO they are.

Anyway, I'll quit ranting. I thought this was brilliantly done, and I added it to my favorites.
Somewhere In Time chapter 1 . 4/7/2009
I'm guessing it's because Blackfire's such a touchy person to write about that people usually refrain from using her.

About the weird brothers-sisters-selfinserts: I agree wholeheartedly with you. It's totally stupid and besides, most of them are sappy. I'd like to tell them all that Robin can't have a sister because his parents are dead, that Raven probably doesn't have a sister named Dove (she DOES have six other brothers from various mothers, each one one of the seven deadly sins. Raven is Pride by the way) and Starfire's only sister is Blackfire. Ryand'r is her brother, but not many use him either.

It's a good fiction. Blackfire would probably act just as you made her act; unrepentant to the end.

I'm guessing the kid is Mari, or Nightstar. This story should have more reviews. It's wonderful, and well thought out besides. Your use of pronouns needs to be more clear though. Some parts are confusing to read.
Jay Roxy chapter 1 . 4/5/2009
wow! fantastic work! i loved it