Reviews for Ave Maria
white pedal chapter 1 . 1/14/2013
It seems Valon didn't lose his faith afterall even after the horribles that happened in his past and what he had done.

Seeing that side of Valon really caught her sttention didn't it?
yllimilly chapter 1 . 12/5/2010
" It has always struck me how, considering the anime makes such a big deal of religion in Valon's flashback, he seems to have lost his faith the rest of the time he's on screen. "

This is definitely an interesting point, which was brilliantly explored here. I really liked this.

Milly
MyAibou chapter 1 . 4/12/2009
I love how you do characterization. Mai's bored lack of attention to the gas station attendant with her "Huh" and then what she's really thinking. Those little touches always make your stories come alive.

Still can't get into Valon/Mai stories, though. Too much of a Polarshipper. (sheepish grin)
expletive deleted chapter 1 . 4/12/2009
"The guys had gone on ahead, Amelda making commenting that her bike’s small engine was more hindrance than a useful tool in their fight against evil."

Probably this wasn't meant to be, but it is /hilarious/ - I could see Amelda making such a prosaic-cum-DOOMLADEN pronouncement with an utterly straight face. Cartoon villians: they're awesome. He'd definitely do something like spit all that tragedy in Mai's face, too.

I like the touchiness you give Mai. The man's just chatting and she wants to snap off his freaking finger - it shows what the Orichalcos is doing to her.

"Mutely, she strode up the driveway and into the stranger’s house like she owned the place."

So very Mai. Even without the Orichalcos.

In-canon gen is one of my favourite things. I like the way you make the situations and scenes really live. And with regards to your AN - a little while back there were a bunch of people writing Mai/Valon for a competition, so if you plug their names into the character lists there ought to be a good return. (And maybe someday after severe edits I'll post my own.)
journey maker chapter 1 . 4/6/2009
WOW! I never took Valon as being a religious person. I really like this story. Please update when you can.
silverfire113 chapter 1 . 4/5/2009
Love this story and the point of view. It is funny how the portray Valon as not really religious considering his background lol

I must say Mai/Valon is my fav YGO pairing. Please write more soon! :)
Lellian chapter 1 . 4/5/2009
Carry on being fascinated! They are intriguing and I will admit to a certain weakness for stories revolving around them.

And if you think this is obscure, my Yuugioh OTP is Mai/Kaiba. Try finding decent stories about them on the internet!

I liked the dual meaning of the statue. Nice touch. And it was interesting to see Valon through Mai's eyes, particularly when she realises that she knows so little about him.

Lell