Reviews for Not With A Bang
rissabby at livejournal chapter 1 . 10/31/2010
I'm here from a rec.

I enjoyed your story. Rodney is my favorite character and I think you really captured the particular pragmatic kind of heroism that we see in his canon character. Rodney is so willful, and he never gives up. I like that in him, and you showed it in a grippingly tense story. I actually didn't expect him to survive, so I was pleasantly surprised at the end.
hajimebassaidai chapter 1 . 4/16/2010
Love the deceptively quiet way that the actual plot details are slipped in: that the reason he is going to die is because of his plan to save everyone else, that he is using air filter systems as a weapon. Also his contemplations on the things he should have done but didn't and the things he would never have dreamed of doing but has. Plus the humour at the end was brilliant!
michelel72 chapter 1 . 1/1/2010
This was your first SGA? I'm in awe. Your Rodney is perfect here, resenting his fate but determined, and you handle his decline quite nicely. And his thoughts on the possible afterlife are just excellent.
Kaizoku-Taii chapter 1 . 11/2/2009

I love this! Very effective ] especially Rodney's rambling, and his mini internal monologue about the after life.

Unicorns and candy mountains? It can't be a coincidence - u a Charlie the unicron fan?

Loved this, very good stuff.

Wow, this is the last of your sga tics I haven't read - and ironically, it was the first one you wrote, and I still love it!

I'm gonna go ahead and put you on author alert (my first ever one!) even though I don't read your csiny fics, so I can stalk any more sga fics you post ]

thanx for ALL of you fics,

your stalker,

Kai x
Leesa Perrie chapter 1 . 4/30/2009
Brilliant! I loved Rodney's POV, and John at then end was perfect - especially his revenge in that last line! Priceless!
Trishkafibble chapter 1 . 4/29/2009
Ooh, I like this! Brave!Rodney is my favorite, and you've done a really good job with him here. Thanks for sharing!
Aelfgyfu chapter 1 . 4/29/2009
Another good one! And this was your first SGA story?

I really like this bit:

“McKay, no one’s expecting you to sacrifice yourself. You shouldn’t have to do that sort of thing.”

Of course not. And Pegasus was, as the name suggested, full of magical winged horses. And unicorns. And candy mountains.

It may not be a great plan, but obviously it's a plan that worked-so a good-enough plan. John should give him more credit. (And he'd better not really have told Zelenka where the coffee is!)

Even dying, Rodney's still thinking things that would drive his sister up the wall: sneaking Madison out for a non-vegetarian meal? I don't blame Rodney for her kidnapping; I blame whoever it was at the SGC who should have made sure their connection was secure!
NotTasha chapter 1 . 4/18/2009
Cool story! I think you have a great grasp of Rodney's voice
Sholio chapter 1 . 4/11/2009
I really liked this. Very tense!
AltairOrionA26 chapter 1 . 4/8/2009
You have McKay's character down pat. I liked how we can see his thought processes grinding down as the CO starts affecting him. Excellent work!
ElisaD263 chapter 1 . 4/7/2009
Wow! Great story! Very well written and just a thrill to read! Well done! You had Rodney's and John's voices spot on! Your first SGA story you say...well I hope it isn't your last! Hope to see another one from you soon! Thanks for sharing your story with us.
lily moonlight chapter 1 . 4/7/2009
Hmm, not too much more stories for here I hope... Sorry, sorry - expect this to be full of not-so-gentle pokes for certain other fandoms, but I'll try and remain objective and professional :D So, I have very little idea who these people are, but at some point I'm sure I will. Wow, 3 reviews in a row! update madness! May it ocntinue though *coughforNYcough* Sorry, did say I had a cold ;) hope you liked my last 2 rambles! But yes, as always really good, love your descriptions, and humour too! Great last line, as I do appreciate how important coffee is. And I had to laugh at a character once more coming very close to death XD Love the title as well. I like the characters from how you write them, and it wasn't a chore to review. Sorry it isn't much of a one, and a bit silly, but hopefully you will laugh anyway... and feel inspired to continue with updates *coughforNYpreferablycough* Dear me, sorry, best go and find some cough mixture! Lily x
x Varda x chapter 1 . 4/6/2009
Wow and wow! That was amazingly good! I love Rodney as the self-sacrificing hero. Thank you :)
hannahsjf chapter 1 . 4/6/2009
Just read your story :) Very nice! I look forward to any new works you feel like doing
The Watch Stander chapter 1 . 4/5/2009
Well done! Loved Rodney's thoughts as he tried to save them all once again.