Reviews for Weekend Duty
Georgia chapter 10 . 3/18
Interesting story. I would have liked to see some resolution to the case. The Gibbs and Tony storyline was interesting. I'm not sure why Tony doesn't leave NCIS though. I like Gibbs in the show but this Gibbs is controlling and abusive and I don't know what Tony sees in him.
Guest chapter 2 . 8/5/2013
Type your review for this chapter here...
archangel69 chapter 10 . 6/20/2013
I did not like the behavior of Gibbs and I found them all horrible with Tony in this episode
Guest chapter 10 . 4/26/2013
tony should have quit or something gibbs is a bastard an i regret reading this story
BuckeyeFan00000 chapter 10 . 4/21/2013
I'm so sad that teachers & coaches of the day didn't recognize the signs of child abuse or if they did they just decided to ignore it.

I vote for borderline abusive. Gibbs does it because he knows that Tony needs Gibbs so much that he'll take whatever Gibbs chooses to dish out.

As you've probably assessed, I'm really passionate about my Gibbs/DiNozzo relationship.

All 3 stories were great - tough to read due to the subject matter but great nonetheless.

Still wish Ziva had been ripped a new one for her deliberate and hurtful exclusion and that Tony's "friends", who though it was funny realized just how much damage they did to his psyche.

Would love for you to have written a tag to 'Dead Air'. Man that episode had me livid and I think your treatment of it would be awesome.

BuckeyeFan00000 chapter 9 . 4/21/2013
Still can't agree with Gibbs coming down so hard on Tony when he KNEW that Tony needed to go to ground and lick his emotional wounds. That Ziva did what she did was really minor in comparison to Gibbs rubbing salt in Tony's wounds. Out of all of them it's Gibbs that Tony needs most to be in his corner and he wasn't.

All the crap that Gibbs dished out this weekend and Gibbs being OK with Tony going hungry and without sleep is, no matter how I look at it, mean.
In many ways Tony is like a neglected little kid - even negative attention is better than no attention at all.
Not surprising that Tony would stick around and let them all use him as their doormat.

"Was he really that much of a bastard that Tony couldn't come to him?"
Answer: Right now, yes you are.
BUT, you're Tony's bastard so that's good enough for me.

On to final chapter.
BuckeyeFan00000 chapter 8 . 4/21/2013
Now THIS is more the Gibbs/DiNozzo relationship I love.
(Though I still don't like Gibbs' methods) :-)

BuckeyeFan00000 chapter 7 . 4/21/2013
Loved Kate's assessments of her former team.
Not being a Ziva liker I'd rather Kate have skipped over her since her not killing Ari as ordered may have led to Kate's death.

Still not caring for Gibbs methods but respecting Tony all the more for his behavior - not telling Gibbs about his recurring nightmarish memory and not pointing out how exhausted he is since Gibbs can't see it.

BuckeyeFan00000 chapter 6 . 4/21/2013
I'm glad that Tony's already low self-esteem where Gibbs opinion of him is concerned didn't take a huge toll on Tony as he read that report.
It's gotta be tough on DiNozzo - he needs the words and Gibbs can't or won't give them. In some ways Gibbs puts his own needs 1st and his biggest need is to be that "Functional Mute" that Tony would one day describe him.

Still really loving this story.

BuckeyGirl00000
BuckeyeFan00000 chapter 3 . 4/21/2013
Seriously Gibbs? Seriously? You really went and made that "babysitting" remark?
I'm really starting to hate you right about now. Tony's trying and you're being colder than ice.
You might be thinking "cruel to be kind" but I'm sure not seeing any "kind".

BuckeyGirl00000
PS: I can't get "Cruel To Be Kind" by Nick Lowe and "Cold As Ice" by Foreigner out of my head now.
BuckeyeFan00000 chapter 2 . 4/21/2013
"What was Gibbs doing making him work the weekend? So what if he'd gone missing again. He'd been provoked by Ziva... by all of them really. They'd all joined in when they'd teased him that evening. It wasn't his fault. It was like an owner smacking a puppy for snapping at someone when that same someone had just spent several minutes taunting it and pulling its tail. Punishing puppy Tony wasn't fair.'

THANK YOU ABBY! At least SHE is contrite and sincerely apologetic.
(Think I could be a Tabby shipper if I liked hookups on the show)

Wish Gibbs could show in a nice way that he cares. Right now he's just coming across as clueless.
Tony gets punished and Ziva gets a pass on triggering Tony needing to get away from the lot of them.
Are you sure you don't write for the show? You've really hit all of them spot on.

BuckeyeFan00000 chapter 1 . 4/21/2013
Gosh this makes me sad - even though Gibbs knows Tony is in pain (emotionally) he is still going through with "punishment". Shakes head.
Sometimes I wonder why, after that dinner rejection, Tony didn't walk. With friends like these who needs enemies.
Better yet I wish he'd done a lot of digging and found out Ziva's relationship to Ari and that she'd been in the US with those orders and waited to kill Ari until after he'd murdered Kate.
OK, so that didn't happen on the show but I really wish it had.
Maybe he could have called on Fornell to see if there were any jobs open at the FBI.

Thanks for including Kate.
I will ALWAYS miss her.

BuckeyeGirl00000
Moving on to Saturday 0658. :-)
Long Live BRUCAS chapter 10 . 3/13/2013
Loved the Madagascar bit.
Glad Tony and Gibbs got there problems worked out.
prince-bishop chapter 10 . 8/28/2012