Reviews for Captain's Quarters on the Lunatic Troubadour
Dunas Priest chapter 13 . 7/4/2011
I thoroughly enjoyed reading all of these. (: My favorites were the ones with Davy Jones, or Cutler Beckett- you get into both their heads so well. They were short, but pleasantly so. Some part of me wished they could be longer, yet the brevity of them was what made them so clever. There was a lot of meaning stuffed into such few words.
Tarlea chapter 13 . 9/13/2009
Interesting concept no doubt inspired by that bit about civilization in the first film. Be an interesting plot bunny to follow. Nicely done. :)
M. S. Arora chapter 3 . 9/8/2009
I have never read anything quite like this before. It's very mystifying, and beautifully so.

'He was there.

And that was all that mattered.' - Once again, fantastic ending.

M. S. Arora chapter 2 . 9/8/2009
A very interesting situation here, and it's expressed very effectively. The ending was absolutely fantastic.

Do keep writing!

M. S. Arora chapter 1 . 9/8/2009
Brilliant work! The opening paragraph immediately captured my attention- the description was so accurate, and quite poetic. The repetition of 'mistletoe' was very effective. Well done!

Nytd chapter 13 . 8/19/2009
Interesting notion. I imagine this piece could have been about any place in the world where there was such a difference in the social classes, but no doubt it could happen in Jamaica as well.

Nice response to the prompt. :)
Jennifer Lynn Weston chapter 13 . 8/18/2009
We shall never know if revolution would've come to Port Royal, because on June 7 1692, something else got there first...
Jennifer Lynn Weston chapter 12 . 6/3/2009
Naughty monkey! No wonder Jack doesn't like her.
FreedomOftheSeas chapter 11 . 5/4/2009
Really great piece! I love Beckett's voice in this, you've done a wonderful job at depicting his coldness!

Great job!
Nytd chapter 11 . 5/2/2009
Great imagery to enhance a vivid picture of Beckett. This captures the desperation of the dying, and the cold determination of Beckett quite effectively!

Cool ficlet!
ChaosandMayhem chapter 11 . 5/1/2009
I. Love. Your. Beckett.

The man is so deliciously evil, is it any wonder? :)

I love the ending...it just seems something that Beckett would say to himself as he watches them hanging. "We'll see about that".

Oh, you just have to love that! :D

~Chaos
Jennifer Lynn Weston chapter 11 . 5/1/2009
Never shall they die, eh? ... We'll see about that.

We shall indeed, you feculent popinjay. :)
damsel-in-stress chapter 11 . 5/1/2009
Again, brilliant look into Beckett's head.

"Never shall they die, eh?

Well.

We'll see about that."

Chilling and amusing - perfect Beckett!

~Damsel
Tarlea chapter 10 . 4/29/2009
Oh I loved that. The hoplessness of love, despite everything and the simple answer-he loves her because she is Calypso. For some reason this makes me think of "Can't Help Lovin' 'Dat Man of Mine" from Show Boat.
Tarlea chapter 9 . 4/29/2009
Nice. Brief but eloquent description of Beckett's rise to power. :)
57 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »