Reviews for As He Breaks
somersault-j chapter 3 . 11/8/2014
Oh man, this was awesome! Loved it :)
healingwater chapter 3 . 6/22/2014
Wow. I hadn't thought of those episodes in a while and I got goosebumps from reading this! The story itself was awesome and I love the effort put into exploring and expanding all of the characters. Great fic, A all the way!
SuperVikinggirl chapter 3 . 10/7/2013
Wow! Thanks for your story. I always felt like that scene of Dean in the hospital in On The Head Of A Pin wasn't quite finish like the scene was cut mid sentence. You have completed it for me. Thanks. Your writing is superb, I am still rather speechless after reading it ...and your preview of Heaven and Earth. Thank you very much.
Anonymous chapter 3 . 8/28/2013
Brilliance. Pure brilliance. This is truly a work of art-and you explore the multi-faceted characters that is rarely done on such a realistic and engaging level. Bravo!
Guest chapter 2 . 11/9/2012
Castiel felt a pang of guilt and regret, but more than anything, he felt relief that there was still something of Dean that bucked and resisted. He sat back, saying, "You need to be more careful."

"You need to learn how to manage a damn devil's trap," came the retort.

Ah...their relationship is lovely, isn't it? ;)
Bloodmoonshinigami chapter 3 . 4/30/2012
Great job on this one, as well. I just love your portrayals of the Winchesters! I thought your progression of Dean's condition to a possibly-suicide attempt was believable, so no worries! I sometimes find Sam hard to understand, being a little more drawn to Dean's straight-forward way of thinking, but your stories have given me some great insight to what's in his head. I think he is internally confused and conflilcted a lot of the time, and finds his center of gravity in his charming, torpedo of a brother. When Dean was gone in Hell, he was lost and latched on tight to the only thing that would fill the whole in him: power. When he gets his brother back physically, but only the tattered remains of his spirit...well, he just isn't able to be the old Sam anymore. Thank you again for your amazing perspective on these boys!
PutMoneyInThyPurse chapter 1 . 1/26/2012
This *broke my heart.* Dean stalling to keep Sam in school? OMG. It's... I just... And I wanted to smack your doctor who "jumped the gun", and "I hate you more" had me crying, and,,, omg, I'm sorry, I'm too wrecked to leave anything coherent. OMG.
realityfling18 chapter 1 . 4/15/2010
love it
EnsignRo chapter 2 . 3/29/2010
wow, this is one of the mst amazing tour de force peices on Dean and Sam complicated emotional life and relationship I have read. Kudos on your insight of the characters!
EnsignRo chapter 1 . 3/29/2010
loved this very much and looking forward to the next chapters
Rosetta Brunestud chapter 3 . 2/7/2010
Great story

You managed to show too many feelings, everything so intense that looks almost real...

And I loved on the head of a pin too, was an awesome episode! But I wanted too to see they talking in the hospital, even though his conversation with Castiel was good... I'm always waiting a brotherly moment ehehe

I need to confess that when Sam just ignored Dean and killed Alastair that broke my heart... The Sammy from the other seasons would NEVER think first about anything but Dean... You gave one great excuse for his behavior xDD

Well, I really liked it, hope to read more of you

See ya around o/

Rosetta
Disneymagic chapter 3 . 11/12/2009
WOW, can I just say that again...WOW.

I know, I know, articulate much? But really, after reading a story like this one, its hard to find the words to do it justice.

OTHOAP was the episode that made me fall in love with SN. I didn't discover the show until about halfway through season four and once I saw this episode I ran out the very next day to buy the first three seasons on DVD and I've been head over heels ever since.

Your exploration into the characters was so insightful it took my breath away. I will always believe wholeheartedly in the love between the two brothers and that neither of them would purposefully hurt the other, therefore, Sam's reasons for chosing to work with Ruby and to drink demon blood had to have a lot more to do with finding a way lesson Dean's burden than any kind of power trip. In my mind anyway.

Thanks for sharing your amazing talent.
SickDean Mod chapter 1 . 9/15/2009
Hey, I just wanted to let you know that I've recced several of your fics on LJ lately at: .com [slash] sickdean. ;)

Ugh, sorry, won't let me type the actual web address out. Anyway, I love your writing! A lot!
TheKritty chapter 3 . 5/3/2009
Hey there,

Okay...this story...it blew me away, really. I LOVE this story. And I really don't know what to say, to explain it to you, WHY I love it. It's just that you wrote down my own thoughts , my ideas *lol* I read it and thought "Ouh, Wow - that was talkin' right? I wrote this?"...so creepy. And there were lot's of psychological aspects too - I hope you get what I mean. I wish I would have written down all the things I wanted to say, 'cause there are many things concerning Sam's change, and Dean's character and the missing pieces between HOAP and ATL...and so much more. And let me say: reading your story was just like a flight somewhere else. Don't know how to describe it in english, but I was in the story and it felt really weird when it ended and even the Afterword was so wonderful.

"Only Dean can fend off the apocalypse. But I think we both know he won't, if it means harming you. You bring him to defeat. You bring him to damnation.”"

(Spoiler Alert)

- Now, after 4x20 it was really hard to read that, because...well...4x20 was just really hard for me to watch and this quote from your story let me think 'bout 'The Rapture' and how things developped and the brothers changed and Sammy - no, Sam - in the Panic Room and Dean saying 'At least he dies human' in the promo.

So, this story really got me upset in a positiv way and I love it and I am so glad right know that somebody captured the thoughts I had at the time back during 4x16 and 4x17.

Greetings from germany (hope my english isn't too bad *smiles*),

Kritty
MKofGod chapter 3 . 5/1/2009
I'm sorry I missed this! It would have been fun to accompany it as it was posted. Once again - brilliant work. Were you a psychologist or something?

You're insights into Sam are brilliant. Sam is certainly becoming the most convulted and hazy character in the Supernatural universe right now. I'm on the edge of my seat hoping that he won't become evil. You definately captured that tension well.

For me, the most inlightening disection of Sam came from Kroki-Refur. She said that what was happening to Sam was perhaps Sam trying to break free from being the "protected brother" and Dean not letting him. And that Dean loved the "idea" of the younger, protected brother, and missed that Idea, but didn't understand that Sam wasn't the younger brother to be protected anymore. If that makes sense.

I love your insights in Castiel. Cas is quickly shaping up to be one of my favorite characters, especially with what happened at the end of 4.16, with meeting up with Anna and all. Not to mention his, "Just so you know why I can't help you with the prophet" stunt that he pulled. But anyway - You do a good job of capturing this characters confusion,his desire to do right, his unhumanly - and therefore, ununderstood to us mere mortal - wisdom, and his love of his Father. You neatly balance the way he likes Dean and wants to help him, and his helplessness of not being able to HELP Dean.

And now we get to Dean.

...Tell me, do you ENJOY ripping people's hearts out, or is it just a side benifit? I had lots and LOTs of "Oh Dean..." moments while reading this. Dean's self-worth, or the lack of it, the dimness of his vibrant personality, Sam's perception of Dean's "weakness," Dean's guilt over breaking all climaxing with his attempt of suicide.

I believe that Dean's choice to remove the memory of his suicide attempt from Sam was perfectly in character. It sounds exactly like something he would do.

I can't really articulate my thoughts on your Dean right now, so I'll leave it at that.

One thing I love about this story is the flashbacks, the scenes in the hospitals or after Jessica's death (that one really got me, since I'm a post-Jess junkie). Sam's suicide attempt was also heartwrending. Anyway - you balanced the flashbacks and the boys' reaction in real time and flashbacks perfectly. It was once agian - heart break inducing to see how the boys changed from trusting and affectionate to... what we see now in season four.

Okay - I've raved enough, and I SHOULD be working on studying for a test. Once again you've written a brilliant story, and I can't wait to see what comes next. The teaser looks VERY intersting. Oh! Before I forget - sorry for not finishing your other story, Steps Behind, but I haven't quite got the guts yet. I hope to do it someday.

Godbless!