Reviews for As He Breaks
hunenka chapter 3 . 2/25
Great fic. To this day, On the Head of the Pin remains one of the most fascinating (and heartbreaking) episodes for me, and I think you expanded on it amazingly. Thank you!
celinenaville chapter 2 . 11/26/2015
Really really beautiful description if Dean's presence before and after Hell.
ThysaNoir chapter 3 . 11/4/2015
awesome work! really! and what's more is you provided your train of thoughts of how your story unfolded the way it is plus how you see the two episodes together. this is really illuminating. I enjoy your afterwords so much.
Thanks for the good read :)
VicariousWindows chapter 3 . 4/14/2015
You are one of the best writers I've seen in any fic. So appreciated. Love the way you dove into different flashbacks to explore the nature of Sam's learned protectiveness for his own protector. I also really enjoyed the insight into Dean's character post-Hell. The fact that you describe his presence being diminished or nearly invisible now, in stark contrast to his earlier self. I have noticed this in the portrayal of the character - but also in the post-traumatic states of people I have known in real life. However this is the first time I have seen it so articulately expressed in words.
somersault-j chapter 3 . 11/8/2014
Oh man, this was awesome! Loved it :)
healingwater chapter 3 . 6/22/2014
Wow. I hadn't thought of those episodes in a while and I got goosebumps from reading this! The story itself was awesome and I love the effort put into exploring and expanding all of the characters. Great fic, A all the way!
SuperVikinggirl chapter 3 . 10/7/2013
Wow! Thanks for your story. I always felt like that scene of Dean in the hospital in On The Head Of A Pin wasn't quite finish like the scene was cut mid sentence. You have completed it for me. Thanks. Your writing is superb, I am still rather speechless after reading it ...and your preview of Heaven and Earth. Thank you very much.
Anonymous chapter 3 . 8/28/2013
Brilliance. Pure brilliance. This is truly a work of art-and you explore the multi-faceted characters that is rarely done on such a realistic and engaging level. Bravo!
Guest chapter 2 . 11/9/2012
Castiel felt a pang of guilt and regret, but more than anything, he felt relief that there was still something of Dean that bucked and resisted. He sat back, saying, "You need to be more careful."

"You need to learn how to manage a damn devil's trap," came the retort.

Ah...their relationship is lovely, isn't it? ;)
Bloodmoonshinigami chapter 3 . 4/30/2012
Great job on this one, as well. I just love your portrayals of the Winchesters! I thought your progression of Dean's condition to a possibly-suicide attempt was believable, so no worries! I sometimes find Sam hard to understand, being a little more drawn to Dean's straight-forward way of thinking, but your stories have given me some great insight to what's in his head. I think he is internally confused and conflilcted a lot of the time, and finds his center of gravity in his charming, torpedo of a brother. When Dean was gone in Hell, he was lost and latched on tight to the only thing that would fill the whole in him: power. When he gets his brother back physically, but only the tattered remains of his spirit...well, he just isn't able to be the old Sam anymore. Thank you again for your amazing perspective on these boys!
PutMoneyInThyPurse chapter 1 . 1/26/2012
This *broke my heart.* Dean stalling to keep Sam in school? OMG. It's... I just... And I wanted to smack your doctor who "jumped the gun", and "I hate you more" had me crying, and,,, omg, I'm sorry, I'm too wrecked to leave anything coherent. OMG.
realityfling18 chapter 1 . 4/15/2010
love it
EnsignRo chapter 2 . 3/29/2010
wow, this is one of the mst amazing tour de force peices on Dean and Sam complicated emotional life and relationship I have read. Kudos on your insight of the characters!
EnsignRo chapter 1 . 3/29/2010
loved this very much and looking forward to the next chapters
Rosetta Brunestud chapter 3 . 2/7/2010
Great story

You managed to show too many feelings, everything so intense that looks almost real...

And I loved on the head of a pin too, was an awesome episode! But I wanted too to see they talking in the hospital, even though his conversation with Castiel was good... I'm always waiting a brotherly moment ehehe

I need to confess that when Sam just ignored Dean and killed Alastair that broke my heart... The Sammy from the other seasons would NEVER think first about anything but Dean... You gave one great excuse for his behavior xDD

Well, I really liked it, hope to read more of you ~

See ya around o/