Reviews for The Curse That Killed Thousands
D. Page Robin chapter 1 . 3/6
An interesting story and one that makes a lot of sense. Pity about the goblins though, I would have liked to think that they would have been more honorable.

D. Page Robin
tied chapter 1 . 2/18
Really enjoyed this story I hope you can continue writing and publishing

Thanks
Matrixskater chapter 1 . 2/15
excellent written story, refreshing to see this kind of angle on a harry gets away story :)
kat callan chapter 1 . 2/8
This was amazing a really enjoyable read!
whitebuffalowmn chapter 1 . 2/6
a very good story!
missgsmith51 chapter 1 . 9/11/2014
This is certainly a dark story. It sounds to me like Britain was an ugly, dystopian society being torn apart by two Dark Wizards, at the very least - Dumbledore and Voldemort, though Voldemort's followers (that includes the Snape of this story) would probably all be classed as Dark Wizards. Dumbledore's followers, too lazy to think for themselves, believed they were being led by the leader of the Light.

We all remember the youthful Dumbledore and Grindelwald's vision of the "greater good" before Arianna was killed. It was clearly explained in Rita's book in DH. What baffles me is that this "greater good" so frequently claimed as justification for his actions by a much older, post-Grindelwald Dumbledore, is never explained or clarified -is it still the same? - yet people continue to follow him. Well, in this story, we can see how well that worked for them.
jon reeve chapter 1 . 8/23/2014
Harry leaves and stays gone... I think I like it.
Juliet chapter 1 . 8/1/2014
I love this story and regularly revisit it. I hope that you post more of your work one day.

Thank you!
Difdi chapter 1 . 7/20/2014
Brit-pick: you have Hermione's parents referring to Hogwarts as a public school, which is something no British person would ever do.

For reasons that make no sense whatsoever to Americans, the British refer to schools like Hogwarts as public schools. Even though they are private.
My Alternate Reality chapter 1 . 4/28/2014
Great story!
Starman800 chapter 1 . 4/28/2014
This was a great story. Is there anymore to it or is it complete? What happened to Flitwik and Bones? They got out but what happened?
Noble Korhedron chapter 1 . 4/18/2014
I pity the people who died, but as we all know this is a story and it didn't really happen. T.B.H, I think this sounds entirely plausible and matches canon Dumb-as-a-door pretty well!
Nova chapter 1 . 3/20/2014
I so very much enjoyed this, FINALLY a fic that doesn't drag harry back to england. Great read, would love to know more, but I understand, one shot
NarutosBrat chapter 1 . 3/18/2014
I wouldn't want to be Dumbledore or Snape when they have to answer for their crimes in the afterlife. Those 200,000 lives lost could almost certainly be laid at their feet.
Sorasdream chapter 1 . 1/14/2014
I really liked reading this story. There so many parts that I thought were well done. Honestly, I could imagine Snape killing Sirius in front of Hermione and Harry and that setting Hermione off.

I'm glad that Hermione and Harry got away when they did, it's obvious that a canon dumbledore is always going to be a MOB, but this dumbles was ruthless. Of course Ron will always be a jealous prat and I'm sure Ginny would most likely be out of control, with that harridan of a mother of theirs.

Most of your story flowed pretty well together, and it was a semi-realistic depiction of what could have happened. I think that makes your story all the more enjoyable in my books.

Cheers!