Reviews for Smile, Dear
Red Rosalie7330 chapter 1 . 8/26/2012
I really like how there is just enough information to let you know what happened without over telling the story. Very well written :)
Guest chapter 1 . 8/19/2012
i find this story very creepy and disturbing. its awesome! but seriously, its so unsettling and i cant quite explain why.
DarkledMind chapter 1 . 7/3/2009
I like how you wrote from strictly from Erik's point of view. I also like how it is so innocent, just like he really is...
watchfob chapter 1 . 5/4/2009
oh gawd, this is so good. D

I love it because it's open to interpretation. "The incident," "He is at the bottom of the ocean, dear – where you asked, of course. I would never disobey your orders, dear. What must you think of me?"

It's just great. Luff, luff, luff. 33

I love it.

(This counts as an adoring review, by the way.)
the Icelandic sheep chapter 1 . 4/21/2009
I really liked this story. It was... different. And well written.
gray seal chapter 1 . 4/18/2009
I like your unhappy endings. For some reason, it makes me happy. How very despicable of me-poor Erik doesn't have a happy wife, and all I can do to that is smile happily? Hmm. Maybe it's just because your writing is so wonderful. Oh well.

Thank you for being a great writer, and bestowing your wonderful talents on us, the little minions.
violets are blue chapter 1 . 4/9/2009

There's just a few things I'd like to point out first;

"Forgive your poor old husband (for) his nattering, but there is one thing I want to request."

"Why do you flee, dear? I did something wrong?"

I think it'd sound better if it was "Did I do something wrong?"

And I think there are too many dashes.

Maybe you should include more fullstops instead.

"Ah – you still must not feel clean, after the incident." - "Ah. You still must not feel clean, after the incident."

But yeah, I see you're using the dashes for that particular effect.

Apart from that;

I like the repetition of "dear".

So very deliciously creepy. (:

And I like delusion of the narrator.

(Yay for craziness. :D)

And I rather like this story.

Good job~
Blah chapter 1 . 4/9/2009
Good job at making the narrator seem disturbing )

(soft eyes is a good example)

Interesting. I originally thought that the narrator was meant to be Erik. But it could also work with Raoul. Nice xD
I'm-Not-So-Sweet chapter 1 . 4/8/2009
Oh my god that was depressing. You think Susan Kay must have been depressed? Well, I wasn't expecting fluff but... wow. On the sadness scale, that's on par with a baby monkey trying to wake it's dead mother... a really cute baby monkey... and then hunters shoot it. WA
YS chapter 1 . 4/8/2009
Creme Brulee... as I said. Actually... chocolate mousse.

It's kinda scary how you (he) kept saying "dear"... the endearment is so... patronising in a way with this freaky sense of ulterior motives...

(I don't get the story, btw... well, I get the story, but I don't get the things to do with POTO. So prithee explain.)

But that "at the bottom of the ocean" thing was dark. Creepy. (Reminded me of "Rebecca"... the book. That's actually good... I liked that book)

That's his only crime, DEAR (again?)... he loves you too much. Totally awesome~ Can totally relate it to... things...

Why won't you smile? I WONDER WHY!

Hmm... I dunno... I didn't really get it... so even though I can tell that the story is good (I would prefer to be an original fic though), I really didn't get it.

You can explain it to me~
AlexGhost chapter 1 . 4/7/2009
Great job. :3
LaurieLovesErik chapter 1 . 4/6/2009
Quite good, actually. I really like these pieces without dialogue; they are very interesting... Good work.

HumanRiot chapter 1 . 4/6/2009
Aw poor Erik is so adorable

This is very good work, I like how you have done this only from Erik's POV.

V. nice work. Keep writing!
gravity01 chapter 1 . 4/6/2009
Oh that was heartbreaking!

You do a good job with Leroux!Erik. You capture his craziness well-you know he wants to do the right thing, he's just deluded about what that could be.

I am impressed also that you were able to put so much emotion into so short a story. Usually I won't read anything less than a thousand words, but you have really done well. Good job.

I see most of your stories are musical/movie based... what do you say to another book based fic that's less depressing? I would totally love that. Even if it's just a oneshot.

Prodesse chapter 1 . 4/6/2009
Yeah, I'm kind of not bothering to log in as I seem to have lost my password. Tragedy, I know.

As for the writing - it's prettily written, contains a surfeit of dear's and stunning use ignis fatuus.

Quite intense.

Kind of stinging.

Slightly numb.

Right back to business. Or in this case, geography.