Reviews for And Save Me From Bloody Men
Lee chapter 1 . 1/8/2013
Thank you for writing this.
tam418 chapter 1 . 11/20/2012
really great story! I would have loved to know how it will go on with all this and how it will end but this open ending is good too
Diablae chapter 1 . 7/12/2012
Is it twisted if I say that I loved the fact that there is no definite end to this story ?
I think you are one of the most talented authors whose stories I have read in the Harry/Draco fandom, and this one is by far my favorite.
Thanks :)
lyrainthedark chapter 1 . 3/10/2012
Post apocalyptic fiction is often so focused on the big picture that the characters are lost - but you have done an excellent job here of melding the politics and the drama with the human moments of individual lives that matter most. The style is excellent, and the format you chose - Draco's writing, his perspective, is equally excellent. Well done!
CatarinaRites chapter 1 . 12/17/2011
wait...NO! That can't be the end! I want more!

I absolutely loved this. It's such a unique concept, and so gooood! much love.

-Cat
lemondrops154 chapter 1 . 9/25/2011
Your mind is a weird and wonderful place... I think I like it here :)

I wish there'd been more though.. :)
Kanikan chapter 1 . 3/23/2011
I have to say that your writing is quite refreshing, easy to read, well constructed plot, just a joy really. I like your version of Draco, it actually is believable that he could turn out the way he did. The only thing missing would be a sequel... did they make it out? I like to think they did, if there are no holds bared then I say magic can trump tech, specially if you're sneaky and have no care on the others sides survival. Keep up the great work.
Leximaven chapter 1 . 12/5/2010
Wow. That was pretty amazing. It makes me wonder, are you American?

Anyway, the style was very interesting. It reminds me of the Tomorrow Series by John Marsden. Though of course more international, where the series is local.

Definitely a favourite, once again. Thanks.
Puzzle Dragon chapter 1 . 11/29/2010
...Wow.

Just... Wow.

I don't think I have any more appropriate words, so I'm just gonna stop talking now. Just... Very wow, alright? I love it.

-walks out-
Mirrorfaced chapter 1 . 11/27/2010
How curious. I loved the narration here, and every time a character from Hogwarts was mentioned, my inner self skipped around a pastel kitten. I did appreciate, though, that not every wizarding character was from Hogwarts. Of course there are wizards and witches elsewhere in the world. I really enjoyed learning about the war's background, and how the wizards and witches of Hogwarts/Britain/Not America got involved.

Lucius and Narcissa were pretty awesome, even though we only saw them for a moment, and I like the idea that Lucius would have given Draco his cloak. It seems very Malfoy, as opposed to the abusive!Lucius stories that seem to be everywhere.

Ernie, Seamus, and Luna 98 awesome. On that note, I loved the interactions between the characters. Yaywar.

Admittedly, I hadn't expected a U.S. muggle war when I saw the summary, but heyyy it was still a good read.
mothlights chapter 1 . 11/19/2010
This is very well done. Thanks for posting.

I loved a lot of lines, but one bit I particularly liked was:

'You didn't need to come here to prove anything to me, you know,' he said.

I looked at him then. It took a moment for the words to come. 'I'm glad you're here,' I told him. 'It'll be a real boost to morale for everyone to see a genuine old-school American-style ego.'

To do him justice, he laughed.

I made it over here after reading your Marginal Notes elsewhere. I'm secretly (well, not so secretly, I guess) hoping you'll post that here so I can add it to my favorites as well.
forlornhope1865 chapter 1 . 9/15/2010
This story is excellent. I love the humor and the OCs and the concept. You write a wonderful Draco.
pesky.lil.critter chapter 1 . 9/6/2010
I don't know anything about half the things mentioned, nor about politics and I'm not entirely clear on the geographical aspect, and I suspect that there quite a few words I'd never heard or read before. But I think I understand the human part. Which in my opinion is probably (from my perspective, sitting in front of my computer in a warm room in a land far removed from war) the most important.

Coming from a very complicated family (mum's jewish, dad's parents are fanatically christian, I'm pretty much an atheist, and that's just the beginning), I have a relatively unique perspective of moral and religious dilemmas. I believe many things are acceptible, even wanted, which my grandparents would probably call evil or sick; such as same sex relationships, any religion other than the most strict Christianity. Honestly, it's embarrassing that I'm so closely related to them.

And I can look at such dilemmas with a wonderful balance of distance and subjectivity that allows me to give sound advice to those more intimately involved. Or it would be so were I older and more experienced.

Anyway, I really loved this fic, and I intend to read again later on, when I understand a great deal more of the things I mentioned at the beginning.

Read from you again soon,

Annabeth
Corrina-Erin chapter 1 . 7/13/2010
I think this story is rather clever. Frightening in its plausibility; I've no idea where you're from, but being an American, I can both see how this may have been possible, and yet impossible. I don't know that a woman would ever make it into office (not least because people fear a super-crazy bitch fest like this happening, in my opinion), but it is an interesting view presented in a believable fashion. Anyway, I wasn't expecting Draco to be writing the entire thing, but I rather liked that little angle. Granted, it being in first person threw me off at first, but I thought that little detail tied the whole thing together nicely. I also liked that both the relationships were subtle, and the sex was implied rather than outright. While I would enjoy a sequel to this tale, I can also live with it standing alone. Gives it a bit of a bittersweet, angst-y ending. I realize also that I'm rambling, so I'll leave you with these final words: great job, and thank you!
saya.sen chapter 1 . 4/19/2010
I love the idea fueling this story, it's very unique and intriguing. I'd actually like to read more if you decide to write it. Though, I suppose, a plot would be really hard for this story. Still, absolutely love it.

Saya