Reviews for What's In A Name
marthapreston4 chapter 8 . 12/23/2014
I wonder if anyone has done a story where they find a painting of lily where she can talk to sev
marthapreston4 chapter 7 . 12/23/2014
awww so bittersweet
Dragon Soarer chapter 8 . 12/3/2009
Good story! I really liked the bit when Snape learned Al's middle name. ) And the beginning of this chapter, 'You're welcome would have been a terribly pathetic answer', I found that so funny. :P I was still almost crying frm the emotion of the last chapter when I clicked on the next page button and saw that... I just burst out laughing, literally. You changed so fast from sad/touching to humourous, but with the chapter break, it was really good! xD Anyway, I can't wait for the next chapter, please update soon!
excessivelyperky chapter 8 . 11/8/2009
"My mother. She would have come to you. At the slightest sign that you had changed, even after... after everything. She didn't give up on people."

-B*llsh*t. Lily made it perfectly clear-her *real* friends had no idea why she was still talking to the Pathetic Loser. And she married Snape's main bully. Why Harry does not see that as permanent rejection I do not know.

But hey, Harry still said the right thing. Even portraits need their dreams, and Snape has only one. Harry, after all, gave up on Snape when he walked away from the Shack and failed to tell anybody that Snape was there even after he knew that the Potions Master was on the right side. And naming his son Albus Severus also allowed the other members of the Trio to feel less guilty-no wonder they hugged Harry when they heard it.

Nice chapter, though. And here's hoping the real Snape has finally found someone who will love him. He certainly didn't have anyone like that in canon.
stefan bertram chapter 8 . 8/22/2009
i read this and cryed for the first time in a year, which is imessely embrassing
Spirit in Exile chapter 8 . 7/31/2009
Sweet but not overly cheesy or sentimental-this is a hard balance to strike. A beautifully visioned story honoring the redemption both Harry and Severus seek and need.
deleted2012 chapter 8 . 7/31/2009
omg. nearly made me cry. love it. x
Rori Potter chapter 8 . 7/28/2009
That was great. Update soon.
goldentree chapter 8 . 7/28/2009
It's great that you wrote a new chapter. I'm curious if Al will talk to Severus. (but why shouldn't he?) ;)
TooLazyToSignIn chapter 8 . 7/27/2009
I love it. And I'd love to see more chapters. These had me in tears. Sev's my favorite character. Has been since I was in third grade, and now look at me, ten years later! I loved Severus even before he was made out to be the good guy. Evil or not his personality was "so SnapeTastic!" That was my favorite thing to say in elementary school. Please finish this! I realy really really want to see how Al and Severus interact!
Ronin101 chapter 8 . 7/27/2009
So very happy to see a new chapter! I just love this idea of Snape in a portrait. That somehow they can try and resolve some of their differences all the years later. Best of luck to you! :-)
beelzemongirl chapter 8 . 7/27/2009
Dude...this was awesome! I think...no...I know I'm gonna put it on my faves. This was really, really good!
Snape's Boxershorts chapter 8 . 7/27/2009
Yeha Snape and Harry nonslash moment that is touching, so rare. Brillant.
deleted2012 chapter 7 . 7/11/2009