Reviews for Sherlock Holmes Examines the Death of Asmodean
Astaroth De'vin chapter 1 . 10/21/2009
I must say, finally an explanation on who killed Asmodean that I can believe, and presented in both a logical and entertaining way. Bravo! Superbly reasoned AND written!
CherylSongbow chapter 1 . 10/18/2009
Very nicely done. I enjoyed how well you retained the 'voice' of Holmes and Watson, and the analysis was excellent. Keep up the good work.
Lakshmibai chapter 1 . 9/23/2009
A wonderful, insightful look at all of the possibilities into Asmodean's death. I admit, I had missed the fact that Graendal, Sammael and Lanfear were working with Rahvin and therefore likely to be visiting Caemlyn.

I had long come to the conclusion that it must have been Graendal, although my reasoning was slightly different. Also, I thought it was Graendal who ordered the hit, rather than actually did the deed herself. One prospect you did not consider was Isam/Luc/Slayer, whichever name you want to use. Slayer is able, as seen in Shadow Rising, to enter the World of Dreams in the flesh and use that to travel, so would have been able to hunt down Asmodean and kill him. We don't hear much from Slayer after Shadow Rising, so there's no hint of his thoughts to confirm or disprove this, but it would explain the disappearance of the body.

Slayer would also explain why no one sensed balefire being channelled. So many channellers (Aes Sedai and Aiel) in the palace - one of them would have noticed the amount of power needed to generate balefire if it was a woman, or Rand would have noticed saidin - particularly once he realised that Asmodean had disappeared. Just an idea though...

That said, I thoroughly enjoyed your analysis of events and it had the added joy of Holmes and Watson going over the crime! All in all, a really well thought out piece.
alguLoD chapter 1 . 5/25/2009
This... This leaves me speechless. You write almost as if though you were Conan Doyle yourself, and your logic and the way you go about the whole thing is simply... Brilliant.

Flawlessly executed. And nah, I was not certain of the murderers indentity, but now I am, although I still don't know why Jordan (R.I.P) said the murderers identity should be obvious by the end of the book. Maybe he read too much Sherlock... Hm.

Overall, an excellent example of critical thinking.

I think that whenever I hear someone speculate on the identity of the murderer... I'll just add a link to this fiction.

Bloody marvellous. I could go on and on about this fic, but it would just be a repetition of how, damn, good, this thing is. I don't think people would have protested if you placed it in the WoT directory, though.

It's just too intelligently written. Way too good to complain about.

I would rank it, but, this goes beyond rankings.
19 | « Prev Page 1 2