Reviews for Sparks
UnapologeticallyMe chapter 1 . 7/18/2009
Aw, this is a cute oneshot. Good job!
onewomanshow chapter 1 . 6/27/2009
Nicely done. It had a little bit of both drama and romance. Jason and his birds. I probably would've fallen asleep halfway through the movie. :) :)
PurpleAngel87 chapter 1 . 6/6/2009
I loved this. I really liked that Mitchie and Shane didn't have a horrible break up and I loved Caitlyn watching Nate and Mitchie trying to analyse them. I liked that there was time jump and Shane didn't just rush into things with Caitlyn and I loved the last line.

Really great story!

~PurpleAngel~
angellwings chapter 1 . 5/24/2009
I like that you managed to split Shane and Mitchie with out there being a lot of bitter drama! Another great Shane/Caitlyn fic from you! This pairing is really starting to grow on me! And the ending was totally cute! Great work!
CamillaxbG chapter 1 . 4/26/2009
Wow. That was really good, I'm actually beginning to like this couple.
LittleRedOne chapter 1 . 4/13/2009
Shane and Caitlyn have a spark. That's awesome. I felt pretty bad for Shane that he was having such bad luck he considered the possibility that he was gay. Not that I think there's anything wrong with being gay, but having nothing work out for you to the point you need to question your sexual preference is a bit saddening. You know what I really like though? That he didn't think about her after camp. He wasn't obsessed with his few memories of her. It was when he was trying to remember a certain feeling that he thought of her again. I loved that. And the end, you always write such good endings. :) OH! And Shane singing Barney. I love that too. Haha. I can picture it in my head and it really makes me laugh. :) This is an awesome one shot!

Kelly
Wake-up Soon chapter 1 . 4/12/2009
I love how you manage to do this .. you take a couple which I don't even agree with, then make me believe it. That marks a truly great writer.

Anna.x.(:
of self chapter 1 . 4/11/2009
This was so lovely. I really enjoyed reading it. I like the explanation of how Shane and Mitchie's relationship fizzled. Though I must agree with Caitlyn, during the Final Jam they looked like they were crackling. I also like Shane's careful self evaluation of what Caitlyn means to him. And his efforts to meet up with her were definitely cute. Also I like the added bits of Jason and his birds. Probably the hundred time I mentioned this, but I do love him to bits. But I really really like the last part. It was the perfect way to end. Also I really like their banter. It's witty and sharp and there itself you can sort of feel the baby sparks between them. Great job. :)
x-HotMess chapter 1 . 4/9/2009

:D

basically my face the whole time I was reading this.

Shane and Caitlyn are the bestest when you write them. You make them seem so real and cutesy, but in a good way, a way that makes you warm and fuzzy on the inside.

Aaw :) You shouldn't be so hard on yourself and your writing, because I remember that one particularly clever author once told me not to underestimate the group of people who just enjoy reading your work, no matter you come up with.

And this was awesome, so don't hate it! My favourite thing was the dialogue, it was very snappy and clever, and you kept it in character. Great job!
faerietaleredux chapter 1 . 4/9/2009
This review is officially 39 minutes late. If it counts for something-I actually started writing it before yesterday was over. o_0

Of course I enjoy any reference at all to a Nitchie relationship. A cute way to set up the story. It explains why Shane is available and also the premise of him wanting someone who sizzles for him.

“Besides, I can dance circles around the pathetic dance instructors they hire here, so why bother.” I love that line. So snarky. And very Caitlyn. One of the fun things about Caitlyn/Shane is their potential for great banter. You've captured that really well throughout this.

Pajama jam sounds like an adorable concept. Feel like writing a fic about it? Sounds like an interesting thing to explore. Do the kids do more than just wear pj's to a late night rock session? Do they tell personal stories around the campfire or something like that? Just curious.

"Watching Caitlyn dance was like watching a living contradiction." Awesome sentence. That whole paragraph where you describe the dancing is great. I'm not sure if Caitlyn is your fav character (maybe that's a wrong assumption on my part), but the way you portray shows a deep affection. Maybe I'm saying that wrong. The point is, I like it. It makes me like Caitlyn more as well, to see how your fics really bring out the best in her (without ever crossing the line of making her too perfect, so that we can't relate to her).

Yay for the South Pacific Reference. I remember listening to that song over and over on the soundtrack casette tape my parents had.

I love Shane trying to be casual about seeing Caitlyn again. When we know he's internally jumping up and down about the success of his sly little plan.

“I guess that’s a good policy. But did it ever occur to you that maybe if you spent some time and got to know them, there might be a spark?" I really like that Caitlyn brings this point up. Maybe I'm too rational in my theories, but I tend to agree with that idea. The fantasy that you have to feel something 'magical' with someone seems less important than a solid friendship that could evolve into something more. But I'm not a romantic and Shane definitely is. I'm willing to buy into the romantic sparks flying concept for the sake of a fic that makes it so fun (and still grounds the relationship in a basis of affection, respect and mutual interest).

:D Great job, Kendra. Can't wait to see what else you've got up your sleeve.
Whats Mine Is Yours chapter 1 . 4/7/2009
Ah! this was so good!

a really good camp rock fic i havent read in a while :]
Loved-Invention chapter 1 . 4/7/2009
The ending left me speechless, Kendra! I absolutely loved it. It’s so wonderful when you find a great one shot. It was completely perfect in every way. I adored it when Caitlyn said “I think it was called a spark”.

And Shane…Shane was just perfect. I seriously have an obsession problem with all of your male CR characters. They’re so completely nice in their own little ways. Jason is the eager-to-please one (and I want to give him hugs). And then we have this Shane, who is like the Shane in the movie, but careful and conscious. I know this makes no sense once so ever; so I’ll just say that I loved your story!

-Aly
ride2night chapter 1 . 4/7/2009
Holy smokes! Now that was a spark! Aww I love Caitlyn&Shane pairings almost as much as Nate&Mitchie_ this was fantastic!

~L~
LOTRRanger chapter 1 . 4/7/2009
"I think it's called a spark." I loved it!

~~Ranger
LiveLaughLoveFP chapter 1 . 4/7/2009
Cute. I don't mind Shaitlyn but they aren't my favourite. This is really good though. Kinda explains Shane's womanizing (if thats the right word). I liked it; good job!