Reviews for Rainy Day Friends
McAliceKatePotterGHShield chapter 5 . 1/7/2011
LOVE IT!
thelandofthenutty chapter 5 . 8/16/2009
You have canon incredibly perfected mdear!

I really loved this, please write more just like this one. It's like I'm watching an episode, I can't get enough of it!
adpacaus chapter 5 . 5/18/2009
I very much enjoyed this story. Thanks!
Angelnot chapter 5 . 5/5/2009
I enjoyed this story until the last few paragraphs of the last chapter. While we know Donna was cleared we don't know how or if the President ever really understood the full extent what happened.

The entire story does not need to be recapped to be satisfied I think it needs to be clear the president tied together all the facts, that Donna was hit upon and that is why she was so upset she ended up in his office. The smack down of the Vice President was no smack down in my opinion. I was left confused, wondering and unsatisfied. This was a very weak ending to an otherwise interesting and well written story.
alix33 chapter 4 . 4/27/2009
"The first strains of the early morning light glimpsed through the now open curtains in his bedroom. Jed allowed himself a moment of amusement as he pondered how long it had been since he had opened curtains himself and some of the other ways his life had changed since taking office." - HIS bedroom, the president thinks? He had better get an attitude adjustment really quick and start thinking of it as THEIR bedroom (as in his AND Abbey's) or she'll kick his backside for him!

"Jed's belief in his fellow man had taken a hit in the last couple of days." - Lucky president Bartlet! Mine started taking hits when I went to nursery school when I was three years old, and the hits just keep on coming.

“He's saying SHE tried to seduce HIM! For his VOTE, no less! Can you believe this?” CJ collapsed into her chair. “I've read it, I don't believe it and neither will anyone who knows Donna. Nor will any woman that's met him,” - EW at Hoynes's allegation! Who would even WANT to seduce him if your boss was Josh Lyman?

“Where the hell is CJ?” Toby yelled as he surged to his feet, frustrated with the situation, Sam's lack of acceptance of it and Leo ignoring his perfectly valid question from moments ago. “Right here, Snuggles, keep your pants on!” CJ replied as she came in through the door from the corridor." - LOL at CJ's reply to Toby, even though the situation is so serious nobody should be laughing.

"Especially on the heals of the MS thing.” - 'on the heels of'.

"perhaps we should just wonder round until we work out who's missing.” - 'we should just wander round'.

OK, I'm thinking it is a little bit good that it is Danny who now knows it is Donna, or am I putting far too much trust in Danny?
Tractor Girl chapter 4 . 4/27/2009
Another great part. It's good to see the other assistants rally round Donna. It's also good to see most of the senior staff are backing her. Wish the President would calm down though.

Toby's reaction was interesting.

Looking forward to the next part and seeing if they are able to clear Donna's name.
Tractor Girl chapter 3 . 4/21/2009
Another excellent part. I don't like the sound of what Hoynes is up to, but there'll be chaos and fury if Josh finds out.
alix33 chapter 3 . 4/21/2009
"CJ was greeted as she entered the lobby. She paused her juggling of coffee, handbag and ID card long enough to acknowledge the speaker." - Well done, CJ! If it were me doing that juggling, I would have spilled the coffee right down the front of whatever I was wearing AGES ago!
adpacaus chapter 2 . 4/17/2009
This really feels like a actual episode. :-) Looking forward to more.
adpacaus chapter 1 . 4/17/2009
I always enjoy Jed in trivia mode. :-) And as on the show, the scene with Jed and Donna had a sweetness to it.
Tractor Girl chapter 2 . 4/14/2009
Really enjoyed this part. Hope CJ confronting the VP doesn't make matters worse for Donna. There'll be hell to pay if Josh finds out though.
jess chapter 2 . 4/14/2009
Hi

really enjoy the story and are glad that you 't wait to see what happens next. josh will probably punch hoynes haha.
alix33 chapter 2 . 4/14/2009
"He didn't make it into his office, however, as he overheard an unknown intern, relay a message to Donna. “Wait, what did you just say?” Josh practically pounced on the young man, dragging him into his outer office. “I was giving Donna a phone message.” “What message?” The intern glanced over a Donna, who was now on the phone, before answering. “Hey, you work for me. Not Donna. What message?” Josh threatened. “The Vice-President called, he asked me to let Donna know he was serious about the job offer...” Josh was out the door and next to Donna's desk in time to hear her thank the Vice-President and hang up. The intern decided discretion was the better part of valour and disappeared out of Josh and Donna's sight. “Hoynes offered you a job? When did this happen? Were you going to tell me?” “I didn't think he was serious. I dropped the SLP memo off last night and he made an offhand comment about me joining his staff.” Donna shrugged, wanting Josh to drop the subject. “What did you tell him?” Josh asked, a hint of vulnerability in his voice and stance. “I told him I already had a job.” “Damn right!” Josh grinned, relieved. However he wasn't quite ready to let Donna off the hook. “And while you were fishing for a promotion did you remember to arrange a meeting for me?” - As much as as I like Josh (and I like him loads), there his attitude totally sucked.
C.C chapter 1 . 4/14/2009
I love how the story is taking shape. The story feels like another West Wing Episode. Keep up the good work and I look forward to the next chapter!
Frankincense Pontipee chapter 2 . 4/14/2009
I'm really enjoying this, the dialogue is ace!