Reviews for A Little Less Than Before
HollBeth chapter 14 . 3/10/2012
They washed cars? In shorts? In Seattle? In February? With water? I was freezing my butt off reading that! Really? That's a warm-weather or summer thing! Okay, yeah, insignificant...

Oh, Bella. You're hurting yourself and Edward more than Jasper with that lie. No, I don't expect her to be over him, yet, but I really didn't effing expect her to bold-faced LIE about Edward. It's onething to hide her own feelings for Jasper, but to tell a lie that affects Edward? That's inexcusable. Really, completely disappointed in her.
HollBeth chapter 13 . 3/10/2012
Awww. I'm so glad he took a chance and told her how he felt - and told her how SHE felt! Haha! Yes, baby steps - gotta start somewhere!
HollBeth chapter 12 . 3/10/2012
Alice's Porsche rant was something both Jasper and I needed to hear. I haven't been nearly as upset with her as with J, and it helped me see how much she has to be upset about. She still shouldn't spill her brother's personal life like she has, but it's done. And J was being a total hypocrite - I'm glad he genuinely seemed sorry.

I'm worried...there are 16 chapters, but I don't think this will be wrapped up by then. I hope you have plans to continue! These people have all made all kinds of mistakes, but I can't help but hope it all works out for them.
HollBeth chapter 11 . 3/10/2012
I don't understand Jasper's motivation. I really don't get him. Edward's story is very sad, but it doesn't paint Edward in a bad light at all - only Tanya. So why is he using it like it's going to make Bella think less of him? Yeah, he lied about the tattoo, but after B hears the story, I honestly think she'd understand why he lied about it.

And I know your a/n said no more negativity...just, it's hard. That was such a jerk move, telling a relative stranger's secrets just to hurt them and cause a rift. He's being far more bad than I'd ever have imagined he'd be! If you say he'll redeem himself, then I'll wait for your magic trick, because phew...it'll take a lot for me to like him at this point! I hope Alice rips him a new one!

I get that Tanya is sorry. I do. But she HAS to know that this is something monumentally difficult to move past. And her reasons were thin. If she was scared, she could have refused his proposal. Ah, well...everything happens for a reason!
HollBeth chapter 10 . 3/10/2012
I don't even know the story, but urghhhh...Tanya. I'm just not a fan of her being with Edward, ever. And certainly not if he actually wants her. Urghhhh.

I don't blame Bella for any of breakdowns. They make sense to me. It's one thing to know the man you love is in love with someone else. It's another entirely to be best friends with both parties AND have to be intimately involved in planning for their lifelong union. I'd want to break down, too!

And I know Alice still doesn't "know" Bella is in love with Jasper, but it's just wrong, period, to invite the other friend for a Valentine's getaway. Hello! Neon flashing sign saying "third wheel! Unwanted!"
HollBeth chapter 8 . 3/9/2012
I'm pissed she didn't tell Alice, because a little part of me wants Alice to feel pain, too. BUT - she at least said she'd tell them someday. But still. Grrrr.

At this rate, the anger might make it easier to get over him. What a Jasshole.
HollBeth chapter 7 . 3/9/2012
I was right! Alice DOES know! Well - she has always suspected, which is the same thing. Which also explains her eagerness to hook Bella up.

Jasper and Alice both suck, equal amounts. He shouldn't have asked her to hide, but she should never have agreed.

I just hope Bella comes clean. Maybe A will feel like shit, but at least the air will be cleared. Besides, A could have always asked B what she suspected, and she didn't. Bella just needs to tell it and move on - she knows the score. No matter what ger feelings are, she knows J and A are meant to be. But maybe if A knows, she can be a little more sensitive to B's feelings.
HollBeth chapter 6 . 3/9/2012
I don't hate on Bella - I think she's holding on well, all things considered. But this chapter, I do have a problem with her not getting angry at them. Yes, yes, you kept a secret, too, Bella, but it's not the same. Your secret, while incredibly important and major, had the potential to really embarrass you and cause problems with your trio. Their secret was shared, and they made a CONSCIOUS effort to hide from her. Bella was in love, but it's not like she had a plan to make something happen - she'd just been continuing on as they all always had. But they - they were together and purposely hiding it. Which brings up something else - if they never gave her any indication they were together, didn't J think it would be a little odd to propose in front of her? Are all of them stupid?
HollBeth chapter 5 . 3/9/2012
Alice's teasing? Unacceptable! As is Jasper's brooding overprotectiveness. There's no way I could wear the same necklace he gave Alice...I'd have to cut ALL the apron strings.

No I don't "hate" Jasper, but I think he's being shady - like he wants who he wants, but he wants Bella to always be unattached and available for his needs. I don't think he's pushing her into Edward's arms at all. Alice, maybe, but I can see Jasper trying to steer her from him.
HollBeth chapter 4 . 3/9/2012
Is it just me, or is Alice suddenly TOO eager for Bella to get a man? Does she maybe know, have known all along about Bella's feelings, and this will make Alice feel better? I wonder...it's fishy.

And I think if I were Edward I'd give my sister an earful for sharing details of my personal life with her boyfriend. That's uncool.
HollBeth chapter 3 . 3/9/2012
Okay, well your a/n's are proving that I'm not the only one thinking, "what the heck?" :)

I don't want Bella to have anymore heartache, but I'm glad you didn't just make her immediately fall down and open her legs for Edward. That's unrealistic. And he came on to her, but thankfully it wasn't over the top or cheesy.

I think I'll die if J or A start trying to fix her up like that partygoer said - all happy and "It's your turn" and all that. I SINCERELY HOPE they don't patronize her or condescend to her on the subject of her love life, and I also sincerely hope they don't try to throw her with Edward or anyone else. She needs to do that stuff on her own!
HollBeth chapter 2 . 3/9/2012
First, Charlie seeming unsurprised and Bella wondering if maybe she has chosen not to see it makes me wonder that, too. Because, again, if they were a threesome and he was with her the same way he was with Alice (publicly), isn't this out of left field? Your a/n at the bottom says more will be revealed about their history - J and A? I hope so, because even though Bella finally told us she's not ready to know how this happened, I keep wondering, "why hasn't she asked them where the hell this came from?"

This: "You're still my number one girl, you know that right?"

Is bullshit. I know you said he's blind and not a jackass, but I think that's a shitty thing to say when you have a fiancee. But that's just me.

And this is a conundrum of epic proportions - say something or not? She realizes it's crappy to give him the note and make him decide, but there's no decision - by proposing, J has obviously already gone somewhere with A that he never considered going with B, so there's no contest. So, as a best friend who relies on best friends and is expected not to lie to them, do you tell so that you can unburden your heart and have them support you? Well, no - there's no way to not make this awkward if you really share your true feelings. The only way out, and the only way to guard her heart, is to pull back and tell them that the realization that you're now a third wheel and don't have what they have is tough for you to take right now. Make them understand that, while they didn't want it to, the dynamic has changed and you're unhappy with what you're facing now. Don't say it's Jasper, just back out for awhile.

Now, I've never had a BEST friend, so I'm sure someone would say that best friend wouldn't back away at all, but what about Bella's feelings? Her heartache? She didn't purposely fall in love with him, but she has to deal with it alone? Who's there to care for her?

I don't know...sorry so long, but this just bugs me a whole lot. I still want to know why the heck she wasn't aware they were even close to dating, let alone marrying, and I want them to realize how she might feel like a third wheel now and dial down the lovey crap. :)
HollBeth chapter 1 . 3/9/2012
I found your story through .Cantante.83's profile. I'm already sucked in!

Like Bella, I was usually the bridesmaid and not the bride. Or rather, the guy always wanted the one next to me rather than me. I never had best friends, so I didn't feel the double-sting that she's feeling, but I feel like I can relate. Years of watching the one I loved or crushed on show interest in someone else. *sigh*

I have a question, and if it's going to be addressed in later chapters, then you don't have to answer. Were Alice and Jasper dating behind her back? Because she seemed oblivious, and yet at the same time, a proposal didn't seem to shock her that much. I figured if they were already dating, she'd have resigned herself to this a little. But from her perspective, it seems like maybe they were ALL always together, unromantically, so doesn't a proposal seem out of left field? Unless they were secretly together, of course. In which case, if I were Bella, would piss me off seeing as she was their best friend!

Off to read some more!
Lizzie Liz 15 chapter 16 . 2/28/2012
OMG how did I just find this story! From the first lines of the chapter 1, you dragged me in and I haven't been able to stop reading! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me that you are continuing this story because it is amazing! The way that you're telling this story hit very close to home with me, I actually felt and understood all of the emotions Bella & Edward were feeling. Very well done )

BUT pleeeeaaasssee continue it!
xxPrettyLittleWriterxx chapter 1 . 2/15/2012