Reviews for Ashes of the Phoenix
Polly chapter 14 . 7/2/2013
Finally, I've read all four stories, and now have the whole picture of Sirius/Remus relationship. You are a brilliant writer and captured it perfectly! I hope you'll let me use your work as my new head-canon?)

Ever since I discovered this pairing, I re-read OotP several times, and there were moments when, for instance, Remus wasn't at all mentioned, and then appeared all of a sudden to join a conversation. Now I know, that in the meantime, he was just shagging Sirius upstairs, it makes perfect sense :)

I wonder how Remus, Sirius and Tonks sorted it out in the afterlife? Did they have a menage-a-trois or something?:)))
Death-Muncher chapter 14 . 6/27/2011
This was a beautiful story. Excellent work!
Dana J Sparks chapter 14 . 2/1/2011
Your accounts of Remus's and Sirius's relationship are absolutely beautiful, but I can only read small pieces at a time because they leave me in tears. Maybe this is why JKR didn't make them a canon relationship. Their story would be too freaking tragic for a children's book.
saying-your-name-in-my-sleep chapter 14 . 1/11/2010
I recently discovered you and your stories, and have read all 4 rather quickly:) and I must say I love them! I always loved and felt for sirius in the books. I think youve managed to explain him and his family so well, and also remus and sirius rleationship. are you having any new projects?
SiriuslyCaolinn chapter 14 . 7/15/2009
This was beautiful. I really like how Sirius understood Remus and gave him what he wanted.
Malianani chapter 14 . 7/7/2009
Thank you so much for your story, SomethingBorrowed. It's hard to believe that it has come to an end (too soon!). What I enjoyed most about this chapter was the very end-when Sirius comes to terms with life as he dies (great sense of paradox there). I am so happy he's found a great sense of peace in his dying. We never get a sense of Sirius's experience of death either in the book or in the movie, and you do an excellent job of conveying to us his final thoughts. Even though Sirius has to die at the end, I felt a great sense of peace throughout this chapter that I really appreciated. It is good to know that, even if it was only for a few days, Sirius was able to find new life beyond the shadow of his past.

I recommend those readers who haven't read The Secret Keepers to do so and see how Tonks and Remus turn out-SomethingBorrowed does an *amazing* and moving job telling their story.

Thanks again for your story, SomethingBorrowed. It was an honor to read! :)
Moony's daughter chapter 14 . 7/7/2009
the way you describe sirius' death from his point of view was (i thought) amazing. you are an amazing writer and i hope that you will continue to write stories, wiether it be for fanfiction or for yourself. keep up the great work and i hope to read more of your stories in the future.
x9x9x9x9x9xx9 chapter 14 . 7/7/2009
I knew you would wrap this up beautifully, and you did. Wonderful, poetic ending to the love story of these two characters. I'm so pleased that you put words to everything that was left unsaid in the books. Thanks for sharing your vision, I truly enjoyed all of it.

Here's hoping you will find another muse and write again!
x9x9x9x9x9xx9 chapter 13 . 6/28/2009
I love Remus's speech by the window - how he's able to finally admit his deepest desires to himself and to Sirius. I was especially moved by his admission that he'd rather go to Azkaban with Sirius than be without him. Beautiful stuff. And of course we all understand what Snape means about Harry's eyes. Almost makes me feel sorry for him.

Great chapter. Don't stop!
SiriuslyCaolinn chapter 13 . 6/26/2009
This story is amazing. I love how much I can feel Sirius' loneliness and how much they are in love. It just seems so real. I'll be excited to read the next chapter. :D
Malianani chapter 12 . 6/25/2009
Thanks for another fine chapter :) I apologize for being a little late with my review, but "real life" has been a bit of a burden lately (now, things are much better). Anyway! Thanks again for the chapter. . .once again I am drawn to the the psychological "mirroring" you are doing with Tonks and Sirius. Also, I will have to give Remus some credit for his amazing dedication to Sirius-barely back from his transformation and willing to give his all (however much of "all" he has left to give!) to his man. The ending of this chapter left me with a sense of foreboding-I wish you'd change history and keep Sirius alive. . .but, knowing how The Secret Keepers turned out, I know that won't be possible. . .but at least he will be with them in spirit. Will the next chapter be the last? Oh, and will you have Sirius and Remus make love under the tapestry in this story as you did in The Secret Keepers? Looking forward to the next installment!
x9x9x9x9x9xx9 chapter 12 . 6/18/2009
Ah, once again you've treated us to some lovely tender moments (thankyouthankyou). It makes me happy to know that Remus and Sirius share their feelings openly, so when the end comes they can be confident that it wasn't left unsaid. Sigh.

And the cliffhanger for me is - when will Tonks learn the truth about their relationship? Does she ever? Do they tell her? Does she figure it out? Was that in one of the earlier stories and I just don't remember it?

And as usual, I want to sum it up by saying - don't let it end!
Malianani chapter 11 . 6/16/2009
Lovely chapter :) What touches me most is Sirius's loneliness and the kind of sad, somewhat confounded state he finds himself in-especially when it comes to his relationship with Tonks. He feels alive in a sexual-almost religious way-(thinking of the Earth Goddess reference here) when he is with her. He seems somewhat confused about what kind of love he feels for Tonks; what kind of love does she truly represent in his life? He compares her with Remus (and the love he represents)-but really, I don't think this is the same kind of love . . .I mean, I don't think Sirius loves her in a romantic partner kind of way, although he seems not to exactly realize that yet. You provide many hints that his sense of love for Tonks is a little "off"; she reminds him of *life* and *family* more than of romance, I think. And he needs and misses that as much as he does his romantic connection with Remus. I enjoy the way you connect the violet colored sky with the color of Tonks's hair-another symbol of the freedom she represents in Sirius's world. And I could almost smell and taste the crisp, fresh air with Sirius as he took a step outside of the house at the end. I like the way you build to that-beginning with a sense of lonely, grey oppression-the walls "closing in" on Sirius so he has to cry out to God to keep him from dying in that house-to the freedom and connection he outside with Tonks at the end. Excellent job!
Lollytron chapter 11 . 6/11/2009
This is my favorite chapter. Your writing is beautiful. I hope Remus is okay :/ Can't wait for the next update! :)
deciesjo chapter 11 . 6/11/2009
poor Sirius - you have made us feel his isolation and desolation as he is stuck in HQ! lookikng forward to the next chapters.
60 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »