Reviews for Pater Familias
Akabari chapter 4 . 11/6/2012
I- I CRIED! Seriously, I did! *cries* when Tails said that- I just CRIED! *sob sob sniff sniff*
The-Writing-Dragon chapter 10 . 12/4/2009
I still get chills every time I read this particular story...particularly one certain line...

"Well, that's too bad...BECAUSE I AM NOT!"

That line in itself made the story for me...and, this being the story that originally got me hooked onto your series, I like it a little more than the others...even though a certain favorite character falls into insanity. (I liked it so much, I actually referenced it twice in one of my own stories...;P) All in all, a great read.
Final Authority chapter 1 . 8/27/2009
Oh my gosh.

A well-written Smash Bros/SST crossover... You just made my night. :D

Great first chapter. Must read more. 3
Master Metallix chapter 10 . 4/30/2009
Great finish for this section. The nightmare about NiGHTS and the human "dolls" was a nice touch. Snake turns around, and a gun is fired... yet no one is stated to have done anything AFTER the shot... What's that Latin song? And who would talk while listening to it? Eggman and/or any of his robots don't seem likely, as it would be out of character for them to do so. Oddly enough, I recognized Klonoa in the first paragraph of the last section, just because of the ears that can grab things and let him fly. Keep up the good work.
I dont want to grow up chapter 10 . 4/30/2009
... You have got to be kidding me.

I had thought of a way to use a... certain character myself. Yes, in my story. I thought 'no way' the second I read about that part: 'You are more obnoxious than a pair of termite infested pants!'. Now, I am going to look like a douche in front of you.

Well, whatever. Anyway, really good. That was certainly a terifying intro to this chapter.

And loads of surprises. What could Dr. Robotnik have hoped to achieve by meeting 'God'?

Klonoa? Well, I did not expect that. Certainly surprising. This is the best written multi-crossover I have ever read.

... I do believe a certain character is already disturbed.
I dont want to grow up chapter 9 . 4/30/2009
... My brain exploded about three times.

The first time was when I read what happened. I did not think it would happen. I had not expected it. It made me as mad as when, in the many cartoon shows, someone calls the human world the real world. Like anyone actually knows how far reality goes. The destruction of humans... I know we're going out someday, but seriously, anyone can become a Naugus. I won't say humans can't, but you can... and if I may be so crazy to state it, are.

And I'm talking to a not in my existence character who, despite his apparent sadness/madness, feel sorry for. Moving on.

The second time my head exploded was when Lucario actually changed his mind. Really, who saw that coming? I didn't. For a moment, I really thought he was going to do it. That strengthened my perception of a god.

The third time my brain exploded was when 'THE SUPER MARIO BROS.!' went into action. That was both funny and it was an important plot device/shifter. Two for one special! I can imagine Tails surprise at seeing them. From his little perception of reality, it was probobly the last two people he expected to see.

I am a little confused, though. I only counted two humans and two mobians, though Sonic was out cold so he might not count. Who was the other human?

I'll make an educated guess and say it Gaia has something to do with the Gaia from the game. I was mentioning Olypian legends because:

From the yawning VOID of CHAOS, came the earth, GAIA. From Gaia's essence came Uranus, the sky, the very thing that all things could share and not quable over, and married the sky. The sky loved Gaia very much.

That's about as much as anyone really understands without doing extensive research, like I do. The whole thing is nothing like what you have, for you have way more love here. But, I must be wrong about what you are doing. To the next chapter!
fhfhfhhhrh chapter 10 . 4/30/2009
You finished this episode all ready? Ah, well. I look forward to the next episode! I was wondering when you were gonna mention NiGHTS and Cosmo again. Will there be more of them in the next episode? Until then, good luck! Great chapter by the way.
Master Metallix chapter 5 . 4/29/2009
Okay, I realized I forgot to review this chapter. (Actually, I had started to review, but while reading another fic I accidentally clicked the Review button for that one and lost the review I was about to send...)

(This paragraph will be written as though I had not yet read chapters after Chapter 5.) Snake just showed up now? And now we know Shadow is still alive... at least, until Lucario finds him. Ulala is acting like a b!(h and nobody likes her... as usual. Tails BETTER keep Lucario on a short leash so he doesn't pull any cheap tricks later. Not a bad chapter.

(Back to the present, and self-correction time) Sorry that in my Chapter 9 review I forgot Shadow was still alive. .' Nobody's perfect, especially not me. I also re-read Chapter 1 and reminded myself that Knuckles and Tikal are elsewhere; with Sonic and Tails in the middle of the plot, Knuckles was made conspicuous by his absence. Anyway, keep up the good work, and see you next chapter.

One last self-catch: in my Chapter 8 review, where I wrote "Sonic dumping Ulala after learning something from here..." I meant to write "her" in place of "here." Disculpa.
Master Metallix chapter 9 . 4/29/2009
Until now I had thought the Chaos Emeralds would have reasonably (I said "reasonably," not "logically") been divided among the remaining Freedom Fighters who could be trusted with them. I guess not.

So that's why Cosmo and NiGHTS left; where'd they go? Where'd Knuckles and the others go? Did Shadow survive the nuclear explosion, being the Ultimate Life Form?

I was also wondering about the Tails/Lucario body; thanks for explaining that the physical appearance is of the consciousness in current control.

Wow! The Super Mario Bros. CAN do something right! (Or maybe it's not right, depending on who you ask...) Ulala has a lot of moxie to wait right outside the room containing the Chaos Emeralds and TWO Mobians capable of using their powers; she, Beat, the Mario Bros., and Snake's fly-spy should have all been double-Chaos-Blasted all the way to the (maybe-not-so?) Final Destination. It always seems that every hope for Tails to live the peaceful life he deserves keeps slipping down the drain. Keep up the good work, and see you next chapter.
fhfhfhhhrh chapter 9 . 4/29/2009
You updated!... Of course. Anyway, nice goody chapter. I liked it. By the way, do you have a problem with Mario and Luigi? Just asking really, as you said the plumbers had obnoxious voices... Oh, c'mon. The hell!
Master Metallix chapter 8 . 4/28/2009
Nice chapter. I liked the "easy as a first stage walkthrough" simile, and Sonic dumping Ulala after learning something from here (which was probably the reverse of Ulala's original intentions). Did Mario and Luigi ever clean the bottom of their mushroom ship? 'Cause if they didn't, it can be matched to the mongoose as evidence of invokuntary Mobianslaughter (though a court trial might be the least of their concerns, at least unless Pit and Palutena are the judges). One slight error: where you wrote "assuming drugs and alcohol" in the section about ways for people to die, the correct term is "consuming." Other than that, I liked this, and I'm waiting for more. Keep up the good work.
I dont want to grow up chapter 8 . 4/27/2009
... The mongoose was killed... by a Mushromm Saucer!

... Now that was random.

Well... there was certainly a lot more swear words in the bits with the 'plumbers'. I'm not complaining. I think they do make the situation ironically funny. It was just a little surprising.

And we come back to Sonic, who remains his cliche studly self. The only thing I can rely on in this crazy story, other than everything being depressing at some point or another. Seriously, point of view is a new skill you have aquired. It was interesting to see what's going on through Sonic's eyes.

Now what the hamish are those two mushroom/star related nitwits up to?

Mushroom based meals... insert chuckle here.
I dont want to grow up chapter 7 . 4/27/2009
Of all the ways for you to add Toon Link, that was the last one I had ever thought of. You are as brilliant as they come.

It was quite the introspective. It was a direct contrast to what had happened before. Cultists, orderly and so sure. Hybrids, so disfigured and lost. And yet it was they, the disfigured, that were as close to saved as Lucario could bring them too.

It is a little sad, though, that this irony has become cliche. Irony has become cliche. That's an irony if there ever was one.

By any chance, is your Godly retrospective linked to Olympic legends?
I dont want to grow up chapter 6 . 4/27/2009
As cliche as the joke at the beggining has become, it is one of the few that does not get old for a really long time.

I like the how time is spent with the other characters and how they've come to interact with each other. I still don't know who Beat is, though...

Anyway, I like how you've come to use Snake as an understanding, yet realistic (not one to look at things and make foolish asumptions because it makes him feel better). I also liked how you used his point of view to explain a little of the state of the world, or at least Tails' family status. Sort of.

Ah, so there was something to that God of Death bit. It was quite an emotinal spin cycle, reading that part. First I grinned at the humans wearing jackle clothing. I thought it was funny. Then I read about the stone, and was intrigued and worried. I read about the child, and Lucario's hesitation and felt terror. What had Tails been sucked into. And then I saw justified, though very brutal, destruction. I felt nothing. Not torment. Not peace. I felt as blank as Lucario's usual face position.
fhfhfhhhrh chapter 8 . 4/27/2009
Heh heh. Despite your bloody fantastic, and unique way of writing, you always are capable to adding that, somewhat, childish tone to it. Which is good. Once again, a nice, smooth, successful chapter. I see you've broken down those big chunky paragraphs. Good going!

See you... you know where, oh perfect void.

P.S. HA! XD