Reviews for Sharpe's Stand
Qunine chapter 12 . 9/11/2012
I really liked this. A great writing style that really suits Sharpe and his ragtag group ;)

Thanks for writing - I'd like to see more!
Darkover chapter 2 . 6/28/2010
This has real potential, and you have done a nice job thus far. I've only just finished Chapter Two. But a few details: Sharpe's mother *is* dead, long dead-according to Cornwell, she was killed in the Gordon Riots when Richard was three, and as he had no family to claim him, he ended up in the foundling home. That is canon. My next objection is opinion, so you may disregard it if you like, but: I do not believe Sharpe would insult Major Hartford simply on the grounds of instinctive dislike. Hartford *does* outrank him, and although as an officer Sharpe can no longer be flogged, there are still plenty of ways he could be punished, or his life made miserable. Sharpe usually becomes woodenly polite when dealing with arrogant fools who outrank him, so I don't think he would ask for trouble. Otherwise, as I said, so far, this is good. Thanks for writing and posting it.
Bob Stage chapter 12 . 5/24/2009
A fine job. Loved how you created the character of Wilkins.

Keep it up Stanley!
Czechmade chapter 12 . 4/13/2009
Pleasure to read, thank you very much! I think I would like to march with them again - I hope you will write more!
Czechmade chapter 1 . 4/9/2009
Thank gods, oh yes! Please, dont let me wait too long.

BTW, Marlow is a very familiar name...