Reviews for A new start
Brunette S Angel chapter 1 . 4/14/2009
Like I said before (refer to PM), brilliant! Yes, dark and I feel for Cloud so much. I just want to cuddle up with him and feed him cookies. This fic really made me feel so much and it was written so perfectly that afterwards I just sat there going: “Oh…” Insert sad face here. The first two paragraphs instantly caught me and even though this is the second time I’m reading it, it’s just as powerful. The panic, so severe, was described so perfectly. Wonderful job on that.

And then my own grief, reading about Cloud’s sorrow after losing Zack and Sephiroth. I wanted so badly for then to jump out from behind the shower curtain and shout “Just kidding!” and live happily ever after, but this angstiness (wink) is what makes this drabble so memorable. Sorrow piled on top of subsiding panic from his nightmare really paint a dark, drab scene for our poor little blond.

I love how you included the ending scene from AC in describing Cloud’s feelings. Describing what that brief connection meant and how it had affected Cloud. My favourite kind of angst is that with memory of love close by, making it that much more heartbreaking but also so much more meaningful. Once again, the way you wrote about Cloud’s confession to Tifa without writing out the dialogue was very effective and added to the mood of this piece.

It’s always sad to see Cloud move on with his life after his horrific past, in my opinion, but there was something comforting in the way he and Tifa moved on, no matter how much they (or maybe just me) longed for the past. The unease due to the nightmares threatens to shatter their new lives by making Cloud feel this way, but it was nice to recall that he took comfort in hearing the children sleep or listening to Tifa in her own room. He has that, at least.

It’s interesting that you ended this drabble in this way; are you planning a sequel? You’ve definitely set yourself up nicely if that is your intent. This piece works either way. I’m not going to even try and count how many times I have said this, but your work is absolutely spectacular. A very dark fic indeed, but defiantly something you should be proud of. Great work!
Queen-of-Sussness chapter 1 . 4/9/2009
Oh yeah. Deffinitely keep writing this one: it sounds like it's going to be awesome :D

QoS
Expressive Dissonance chapter 1 . 4/9/2009
I like post AC bitsies; the truth is always revealed, and there's a sense of peace mixed with a hint of foreboding.
Creative Spark chapter 1 . 4/8/2009
I really liked this. It's nice to see a different ending that isn't either tragic or fairytale but rather somewhere in the middle. Tifa gets her happiness and the rest of the group moves on while at the same time Cloud's happy (which is a change) but is still stuck in the past. Cool.

One suggestion.

The story seems very serious and formal all throughout, the last line however "He would try calling Vincent again in the morning, and maybe this time the guy would actually answer his phone." kinda, breaks that streak. I would recomend changing 'guy' to 'man'.

"He would try calling Vincent again in the morning. Perhaps the stoic man would actually answer his phone this time."

That's all! Nice work!

-Spark
DarkBombayAngel chapter 1 . 4/8/2009
It's really good. I love it. Can you please continue it? Please?
SarissaDiablo chapter 1 . 4/8/2009
Wow. I've always loved your writings, and while this could stand on its own, I would love to see you continue it. Please please? :D