Reviews for When the Good Lord Has His Way
Solo Lady chapter 1 . 9/20/2009
This is so very lovely. And I confess that I'm reminded of conversations with my own father. One of the things I love about Cranford is that it showed such close, loving relationships between fathers and daughters. Your story reflects that.
Siggy chapter 1 . 8/20/2009
A lovely story and one which illustrates an emotional father and daughter bond, perhaps not fully explored in the tv series. Beautiful.
FPJ's Mom chapter 1 . 6/10/2009
Very sweet and poignant. A wonderful scene. Thank you!
theHuntgoeson chapter 1 . 4/13/2009
Sorry for the delay in reviewing this, Easter holidays... What a lovely insight into a character who hitherto hasn't featured very much in Cranford fanfiction. As always, full of understanding for the deep emotion, grief and paternal pride hidden behind a mask of Victorian repressed emotions, and Sophy's serene acceptance of the forthcoming change in her life is also beautifully written. Thanks so much for writing something about the Rev! I showed it to my mother, a rabid Alex Jennings fan (and usually I can NEVER get her to read fanfics, mine or anyone else's - she just doesn't understand the concept), and she paid it the compliment of saying that she could hear him saying every word.

Another in your brilliant gallery of "Cranford" satellite works!
romanov979 chapter 1 . 4/11/2009
a nice look at the relationship bewteen sophy and recerned hutton, good description of how sad and lonley about sophy getting married must make father, but also intresting conversation between sophy and her father. i wonder if he will take her advice, it is not like he is not without options in cranford.

plus any news on a conspiracy of concern.( i think miss Galindo and Mary Smith should go for stroll togther and talk, they would make good friends).