Reviews for The Art of Drowning
ananonomousbooklover chapter 34 . 10/9
Hi there, um, excuse my crudeness but... WHAT THE FUCK?
2010! Not updated since 2010?! This is without a doubt the best lawlight fic I have EVER read, heck it's up there with the original death note storyline, and you just end it there?! I stayed up till 3am on my first day of the school year for THIS?
Ok, I'm sorry, maybe you had personal reasons, death in the family, lost your job, had all your internet access taken away. I'm being unfair here, it's not like you have to post. So, I guess, thank you so much for sharing this incredible adventure with myself and so many other people, I am so sorry that it ended where it did, so suddenly, (COME ON! A GUN?), but I accept that I am lucky to have gotten as much of a glance as I did of your incredible writing skills. If you ever update this I would be eternally grateful to you, but I understand that the chance of that happening is pretty much zero, so I just wanted to thank you for the 34 chapters that I read, and let you know how incredible they are and you are! (Though I bet you already know that).
So, thanks! I seriously love you and kind of want to murder you right now, but I'll settle for dying without ever knowing if Light and L ever acted on that sexual tension that was growing and growing and growing...
*whistfull sigh*
Rightio, thanks for reading
DawnChamber chapter 34 . 9/5
First of all this story is AMAZING! I love it so much! It's a shame it was last updated in 2010 and it's 2016 now, almost 2017. One day I hope you come back and pick up where you left off, because this story has so much potential and so do you. Your writing is amazing, you keep your readers on their toes and always leave us guessing. I don't know if you'll read this because I'm uncertain if you're still active on this website, but I hope one day you'll see this. Personally I think you've captured all the characters personalities wonderfully and the plot is even more amazing! I just love stories like this! I'm a big fan of mysteries and every chapter I read, it always ends with me trying to guess what will happen next. Or what Rogers true motives are, what the entire conspiracy is about, how L fits into the conspiracy, etc. Stories like this are rare, very rare. So I hope you'll continue writing this story and hopefully finish it one day as I-and many other readers out there I'm sure would just LOVE to see this story be finished, find out how L fits into the conspiracy, what happened to Ryuk, etc. I could continue on with my list, but I'm sure this review would continue to be humongous then and I haven't even gotten to my thoughts on the story, like what I think will happen next, etc. Oh and before I do that I just want to let you know I'm not trying to force you to finish this story, I'm just suggesting you should because as I said before, this story is amazing and has so much potential to be even better! Even better meaning if it was finished, because it's usually a shame when a story like this is left unfinished.

Okay, finally moving on to what I think will happen aka my thoughts on what I take about the plot. Why do I feel like Tank's real boss is Yumi? You know Ai aka Light's biological mother's sister. I mean she needs to fit into the plot somehow and besides, since Tank's real boss is a "she" so a woman, I'm willing to bet it's Yumi. Being Ai's sister and all it would be logical that she's also been dragged into this whole mess as well. I wonder why Ai's family didn't really like Charlie aka Light's biological father? Also I'm guessing Fortune the serial killer mentioned at the start of the story is still alive and maybe, potentially...Roger? It's a long shot I know, but I'm taking my chances. Because let's be honest here, he seems like a prime suspect with everything he's done and everything he plans to do in the future. Also in the beginning when it talks about the deaths of Ai and Charlie, it mentions that the man-Charlie was decapitated and worse than the woman-Ai. The killer-Fortune wouldn't have decapitated Charlie and not Ai as well, unless he didn't hold a grudge or something against the man. Showing that they probably knew each other. Because if you were a serial killer killing families/couples you wouldn't just kill some random stranger differently than you did to the others, now would you? I mean unless you were seriously deranged and had mental problems then okay...maybe you would.

Also when you think of fortune cookies aren't they usually associated with the Asian culture or something? I wanna say Chinese but I could be wrong and it could be Japanese, so I'm putting Asian for the sake of not having to correct myself later. Also fun fact, I'm Asian so if I've offended anyone who's Asian do not fear, I am Asian as well and have most likely offended myself as well. Okay back on topic, Ai is Asian correct? And with my whole fortune cookies usually are paired up with the Asian culture and Roger having adopted her-along with her sister, I'm guessing because my memory is horrible so I forgot if it mentioned Yumi being adopted along with Ai-and most likely bringing the Asian culture into his life/family. Thus if he IS Fortune maybe he made fortune cookies his calling card to show that he was Asian..? Or represent his two daughters..? Actually scrap that, nothing I said made sense. But I'm not gonna erase it for the sake of seeing if this horrible theory is even true later on.

Now on to the last thing I wanted to talk about. Soichirou Yagami mentioned that a former associate contacted him which I'm guessing is Roger, but wouldn't Soichirou KNOW that it was Roger. So why put him on Light's list of relatives? Especially since the man wanted Light dead and even told Soichirou to kill the boy. Wouldn't he just be leading Light to his demise with that? Unless he didn't know, which would bring a lot more questions.

Now to wrap up this review. I wonder who's tailgating L and Light. I honestly have no guesses, maybe Greg? The man seems as if he's hiding something and knows more than he lets on. Speaking of people who seem suspicious, I feel like Martha the woman who ran the orphanage L and Light were in when they were younger knew more than she let on as well. Back to the original topic, maybe it's some MI-5 people tailgating L and Light? That seems like the best bet so far, seeming as they probably found Tank injured in the hotel/motel room and tracked down his vehicle and watched Light run into L's car. Because MI-5 are spies right? So they're bound to be really good at tracking and chasing people down. Not good for L and Light, but good for the plot I guess. Well, that leads to the end of my review. I would just like to say that I love this story, it's amazing and I hope you continue it again, I know it'll be hard especially since you probably lost interest in Death Note, forgot the plot, etc but it would be a miracle if you did. I'd totally read it for all it's worth. I'll bet many others would too. And that concludes my rambling.
Okay I don't know if you've forgotten about this fic or something but I have been binge reading for the past day and if there's any chance that you're alive: Please Please Please update this fic, I will literally marry you because this is my favourite fic ever
Saki chapter 34 . 8/23
Hello. My name is Saki. I really enjoy your story. Your story is very thrilling and also funny. It was funny that Light GOT DRUNK AND WALKING AROUND IN NAKED. That was pretty funny. I can't wait to read next chapter. Keep up your great job!
takamiya yukio chapter 34 . 8/13
Wait, are you even still active on this site?
But this is seriously one good story you've of the best DN fics I read to be precise. First half of the story had me literally bawling my eyes out. You rock at expressing the feelings of the characters. Do let me know if you've discontinued this cause I don't want to be looking out for it if you are. Though I am convinced that you have given up on this fic. I tend to chase after stories that I'm hooked on all the way to the end, only to be disappointed when the author discontinues it without notice.
MyLiloITAChIassasin chapter 34 . 8/5
hmm... interesting.
Scutie-Naos chapter 34 . 7/23
The first thing you should understand: I am one of those horrible readers who never reviews. Ever. I enjoy the story, but I'm too damn lazy to review.
However, seeing as I have invested several hours of my life into this fanfiction, and it is now 5:00 AM, I figure I might as well go all the way.
The second thing you should understand: This story was bloody amazing. It is right up there with some of the best fanfictions I have ever read, and possibly the best Death Note fanfiction I have ever read. The plot absconds your fascination and captivates your attention. The OC's are likable and believable. And I praise both your humor and your twisted 'OMG what if I did this!' moments, because those moments make this story shine, and they make it unique.
Thirdly: I hope you understand that I understand that it has, in fact, been more than half a decade, and that life does in fact go on. However, when I read chapter 34, I could only think, "AUGHH, it's one of THESE fics!". Bitter disappointed ensued.
So I will be following this story, and I will be waiting patiently for the day when this awesomeness blesses my inbox. And I will be recommending this story to all my friends who are in the fandom, and they will be waiting too.
So, no pressure, or anything.
Please please please, come back to us O Goddess of The Art of Drowning.
Recolte le Rhume chapter 34 . 7/22
Daaaaw. I love that story. So, I hadn't even reached puberty when you wrote that story, which makes me think that yes, six years is a long time and that a lot of things can happen pr change in six years. I don't expect to ever see this story updated because hey, people move on with their lives and maybe if you ever update I'll have a life by then and not spend my time on a website for obsessed fangirls anymore !
However I still decided to review ! I wasn't fond of the idea, at first. But then Light's life got more and more fucked up ! I love Greg for teaching me that "Vice is nice but incest is best" is an actual saying. I'm not from an anglosaxon country and am then grateful to learn more about other countries' culture :D. Plus Tank. Ooooh Tank. I want to have his pancakes ! HOW COULD YOU BEVERLY.
Gotta log in. And fav.
i keep thinking lawlipop lol
Stassy chapter 34 . 5/30
kirasmatic chapter 34 . 5/30
This was so so amazing and definitely one of my favorite fanfics, quite possibly the best one I've ever read. The cliffhanger was a killer, I'm dying to know what happens next. I understand it's been years, you may not be in this Fandom anymore, or you just might not have time to write. Regardless, thank you for writing this masterpiece and I hope you're doing well.
Cool person chapter 34 . 5/30
I know its been 5 years 6 months 8 days since you last showed up but have to say it was one of the best if not the best fanfiction i have ever read and cried too ! I never cry out of reasons but you made me cry like a baby man still can't believe that . So if you are not dead please write more.
Omfg,I know this fanfic was written AGES ago,but I love it so fucking much,I was gonna wait until the last chapter but I couldnt,cuz u fucking wrote down a verse from one of my favorite rock songs:Papa Roach,last resot! Like wtf,next thing I know "bullet for my valentine" is ur favorite band and "waking the demon" is ur jam,I luv u for writing this,u have skills,Im ur stalker,pls marry me XD)) sorry! But Im not if ur down for it,Im a femal pansexual XP Hope u will always keep writing,ur the best
Remy chapter 34 . 4/19
Gah! The suspense is killing me! I know that it had been forever since you have last updated but please continue this!
Viae chapter 15 . 4/15
I am emotionally depressed right now.
I've always been over emotional, but no fanfiction has EVER had me SOBBING for two hours straight.
And I only just stopped. I think I need to take break from this actually, go read a crack and coem back in the morning. Ugh.
Is really good. Too fucking good. God damn it Lighttttttt. I just look up 'Death Note Fanfiction L almost drowns' in google because of a funny thing of L freaking out because he can't swim and had to, and I find this, and I spend half of the day reading it, and FUCK ME.
2,411 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »