Reviews for The Art of Drowning
Xinette chapter 3 . 5/23
So, I like your style of writing and most of your plot developments seem good. The flashbacks are engaging and often funny.

However, there are three small issues i have with this story so far:

1. Why wouldn't Light just tell L that they were friends in childhood? It's not like he has too many other options at this point. Also, the worst case scenario is that L doesn't believe him, which he could remedy by mentioning some moment in their childhood. Or L wouldn't remember him, in which case he wouldn't be in that worse of a condition, because L would just think he's crazy. I know that Light moved to Japan and changed his name for some (currently unknown) reason, but it doesn't seem like L knowing about that would put him in any worse of a position.

2. On that note, and I know your story depends on this, but why wouldn't L and Light recognize each other? It seems like they knew each other for a very long time, and, based off your descriptions in the first chapter, they don't look that different. One plot point that could have at least helped answer these would be if L had recognized Light, but had just resigned to killing him. Then, the rest of the story could have been about L trying to find the evidence. It still doesn't explain why Light would recognize him, though.

3. This is just a small writing tip, but I feel like first chapter jumped a little fast into pure angst. I think angst works better when it's given a little more time to simmer.
KitsuScarlett chapter 21 . 5/13
I usually don t comment on fics but this is to put it simplely, amazing. I can t stop laughing.. i didn t think a fic about death and murder could be so funny but all those coincidences just crack me up. I also have to mention that i find ur narration style really good. Keep up with the good work
I can t wait to read the rest!
hearts chapter 34 . 4/29
You're alive, and it just makes me really happy that there's still an amazing author out there. I don't know if you'll ever read this review (as from your profile you seem to have given up on ffnet?) but I want to tell you that this story is absolutely lovely. I started reading this maybe a few hours ago, and it is now way past when I should have been sleeping but I just couldn't leave this fic for another day. It's utterly amazing; the suspense and the drama and the conspiracy slowly unravelling just has me silently screaming with how much I adore this. no doubt i'll have trouble sleeping tonight from how excited and squealy this fic made me, but I definitely don't regret finding this story. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely work with the world! I hope you pick this up one day, but even if you don't, thank you, because this story has really made me fall in love with Death Note so, so hard (when I've been drifting out of love). It's amazing that there are such phenomenal authors out there like you who can completely change my mind. Take care of yourself! And thank you for making an impact on my life!

Lots of love and adoration,
Aster
hearts chapter 23 . 4/29
THAT NAKED SCENE WAS THE END OF ME OMG
"Uh...I got better?"
LMAO LIGHT SUCH A LAME ANSWER LIKE WOW

this story is absolutely lovely, btw! a riot to read and i am /so/ in love with you right now it's like alskfjlksajdflxkjo:ja:ocdJSOJOWI;VQrqo;sdAOIENVFHERGI;YHGO;EFNBT
raven.lily123 chapter 34 . 4/16
please update...
EpicGlompDinoGirl15 chapter 34 . 3/26
What? That's it? Where's the rest? What happens next? I NEED to know!11! It's been years, but could you finish it please?/
AIRbooks chapter 34 . 3/12
You need to update. It's been SEVEN YEARS! Updateeeeee.

Why is it that all the amazing stories are the ones that don't update? Did you die or get critically injured? Have your hands been taken off in extremely tragic circumstances? Whyyyyyyyy?

Please update. I want to know how those "OMG that's so fucked up moments" go.
AIRbooks chapter 29 . 3/11
Ah, The Sound of Silence. Such a great song.
AIRbooks chapter 26 . 3/11
L being jealous is hilarious and adorable. This story is just great.
AIRbooks chapter 15 . 3/11
Greg's cool. He's funny.
AIRbooks chapter 6 . 3/11
Hmm... Or maybe he's a WEREWOLF!
DeepDarkAbyss chapter 34 . 3/7
PLEASE update this ! Its amazingg
sillyhater chapter 34 . 2/6
Bloody fantastic 7 years since the last update,why is it always the great Fanfiction that never get finished...did you die?
sillyhater chapter 10 . 2/5