Reviews for Manifest Destiny
Colonel Lazy chapter 1 . 12/4/2011
I was quite blown away by the whole Newfoundland thing, it must be because I took two years of history in French. Not a smart move on my part.

This was a good story and shows Canada's emotion was good. I would be quite mad with America too.
Dave19941000 chapter 1 . 3/20/2011
This is good, but although St. John's was founded in 1583, it was only a perminent settlment around 1620, after Quebec City in 1608 (the first perminent settlement in Canada/US) Cuper's Cover (today Cupids) in 1610 (second) and Bristol's Hope in 1618 (the third). Good story though, from, and Anglo Quebecois.
tragiang chapter 1 . 12/20/2009
Hm. I don't know what to say. It's good, but it's like washing my face, and it feels all clean and fresh. I jsut don't have much to comment on, I didn't fall in love with it, but I surely did like the historical references. It does make it good background story though, if it were canon and sorts. Good job though~
0ShadowNightMare0 chapter 1 . 5/26/2009
So Sarah finally makes an apperance, going to read the next one now :)
Yoly chapter 1 . 5/16/2009
Ah a history lesson(Well not really) in fanfic form. I'm surprised that Canada got so angry cause of the Manifest Destiny in the news papers. It part of Freedom of the press. They can't really do anything. Anyway love it! Yjank you for writing.
Miss.Sly chapter 1 . 4/13/2009
Amazing story.

And, just let me say, Oh God thank you so much for remembering Newfoundland. Finally, someone throws in Newfoundland.

(And you are officially my favorite person in the entire world for knowing that Canadians burned down the White House. Seriously.)

Love,

Sly.
IshtarPiccolo chapter 1 . 4/11/2009
The War of 1812 happened because America wanted to have Canada become one with them (he'd obviously been hanging out with Ivan a BIT TOO MUCH), and the British decided that they would take back the colonies.

Hilarity did not ensue.

Most people consider it a draw, but some Americans think we won because "God Save the Queen" isn't our national anthem, and some Candians think they won because Obama isn't their president.

On-topic time. That was good, though I always thought of Mexico as a boy. xD
FireNose chapter 1 . 4/10/2009
cute~ really really cute~ it's hard to think up any word tha describes it better~

War of 1812: started... i dunno, but it wasn't canada invading america, I can't remember if it was the other way around or they agreed to go to war with each other (which is really stupid but it happens) the burning of washington happned in 1814 (which is also silly since they call it the war o 1812 yet it didn't end until sometime between 1814 and 1816) in which canadian (at the time, british) troops went to washington and burned down all public buildings, including the white house, and almost the entire thing had to be replaced, which is rumored to be why the whitehouse is painted white, to cover the burns, but the whitehouse had always been painted white even before the incident. out of the whole thing what i find most humorous is that one of the two commanders of the canadian troops last name was cockburn XD

anyways... yeah, i heard the arrogant worms(or was it three dead trolls in a baggie?)'s 'war of 1812' and had to go on wiki and do at least 2 hours of research because i get just that bored... anywyas, again, cute story *huggles canada* the poor thing... you always just feel like givign him a hug...

Keep Writing!~
nife chapter 1 . 4/9/2009
Very nicely done and yes Al Matt does forgive you, even though you are still an ass.
minasithil chapter 1 . 4/9/2009
I really enjoyed this. Your portrayal of Alfred and Matthew is really interesting, albeit sad. They do have a complicated history but a lot of people simplify it. I also liked how you added "Sarah" and "Maria" to the mix.

One little nitpicky though- It's the war of 1812, not 1912. Sorry, I'm a history geek, had to bring that up. It's a hundred year jump though so it's pretty major jump.
Toxxica chapter 1 . 4/9/2009
Oh, brilliant! Someone finally noticed our Newfoundland would be a Hetalia character, how wonderful :) This was a great story, I've been thinking about how Matthew would react about the whole Manifest Destiny thing ever since I got into Hetalia. And the inclusion of Sarah and Maria was fab, too. You rock! D
Canadino chapter 1 . 4/9/2009
thanks for the country infos at the end. this was interesting. i love canada. it's an awesome nation.