Reviews for Whirlwind Chronicles
jocelyn chapter 3 . 2/1/2010
wonderful story, great fight scenes, great grammar, I love how everyone good is stronger
Dragon Man 180 chapter 3 . 2/1/2010
Shukaku vs Deidara and Sasori... oh man this will be fun to see! And with Shukaku... he could be throwing his chakra around enough that Team Kakashi would sense it and at the very least Naruto could send some clones to investigate. This delay could mean the difference between Gaara dieing or not.
Freehawk chapter 3 . 2/1/2010
excellent story, great detail, very well written, great fight scenes, I like the jutsus Naruto learned, that bit with Shukaku was very nice. But based on these stats, and Deidara's in the handbook, the only reason Deidara won was because Gaara had to protect the village, correct? keep up the good work!
marc chapter 3 . 2/1/2010
excellent story so far, great fight scenes, I like how all of the good guys are stronger, good job with Shukaku taking over, that should've happened in cannon. Keep up the good work!
Ultimate-Zelda-fan chapter 3 . 2/1/2010
Good thinking with the Ichibi taking over Gaara. I'm surprised Kishimoto didn't do that really.
Silver Warrior chapter 3 . 2/1/2010
so thats Hiashi's reasoning? hm. And Shukaku has come out to play. I always thought it weird that he didn't appear in Shippuden after he was beaten by Deidara.
Malix2 chapter 3 . 2/1/2010
Great chapter, keep up the great work.
Rose Tiger chapter 3 . 2/1/2010
Please keep going! This is good! Please don't stop!
Shadow-DJ chapter 2 . 12/1/2009
Well, this is a good story, please continue.
earthliverf chapter 2 . 11/18/2009
excellent story, very well written
algebraiya chapter 2 . 11/18/2009
great story
RK-Striker-JK-5 chapter 2 . 10/26/2009
Good to see this updated. :) Loved the action between Gaara and Deidara, there. And Hinata, LOL. Nice she got knocked out in the second round, actually. More 'realistic', there.

ANd Yugito, eh? Nice to see her showing up. :) Keep up the good work.
ShinobiTessa chapter 2 . 10/25/2009
awesome story, NaruHina FTW :D

I'll be waiting for the next chapter(s)
Dragon Man 180 chapter 2 . 10/24/2009
This is the way things should have been with Hinata replacing Sasuke from the beginning! Hopefully the fox will be mentioned in front of Hinata so she can show she doesn't care about the stupid furball by hugging or kissing Naruto.
FictionReader98 chapter 2 . 10/24/2009
An average chapter. Truthfully, I found it pleasing in some portions and... lacking in others.

Well, first off, I think the things I like most in this chapter was the Sand portions. It was nice to see what their preparations were and how extensive they were. Though if they really were expecting the unexpected, they should had considered other methods of approach. Namely a strike from underground, instead of just concentrating on the gates or air.

So 400 ninja were guarding the gates. Approximately 100 per gate. Makes me wonder how Yura could kill so many. Especially in secrecy like that. It's not exactly a small thing.

Speaking of Yura, his role I found the most surprising in the chapter. As opposed to a sleeper agent, he's forced against his will to betray the village. Interesting and I wonder how this will affect things.

Well moving on, there were three things I found lacking in this chapter. The first was Hinata's explaination on Team 7. Hiashi requested her to. That's it? Why? Why Team 7? It's been inactive for years. And why does he want Hinata on Team 7? What's that offer her that she can't get from another team that she can't get from Team 10, Gai (who has a Jonin Hyuga on it) or even her own team?

The second was the 'He was going to take a page out of Naruto’s book, since like his fellow Jinchuuriki, he had absolutely massive chakra reserves.' line. I found nothing in the chapter that even hinted at what Gaara meant. That's, to be blunt, annoying. Not something I approve of.

The final thing was Naruto's "Impressive plans" from the Bell Test. What did he do exactly? The only on screen stuff we found was adequate, but certainly not impressive. Especially when they didn't work, that includes any offscreen plans. Kakashi was still going on for hours, until Naruto used the 'unconventional' method. None of this justifies the praise Tsunade gave him.

This also leads me to the one problem I had with the chapter: Naruto's promotion. Tsunade states that his plans and leadership were the reason, but as said: his plans were basic in nature and his leadership just redundimentary. Very little stood out. The test was also how they could work together as a team, meaning all three of them, not Naruto solely.

I get the distinct impression he was promoted more out of favoritism from Tsunade than actual skill displayed. And that wouldn't surprise me in the least. So in short: I neither like nor approve of this move.

With that said, I did enjoy hearing the expanding alliances. So both Cloud and Mist. Though Cloud allying simply because Killer Bee said "Bygones be bygones"... that's a really simplistic reason to form an alliance. Mist was more interesting: refused, Tsunade kicked the Mizukage's butt and now they're in. That has so much potential because I imagine Mist could be very bitter about it: They were made to join, not compelled to. That can be handled in so many ways.

Two things about it that I did find curious. Leaf didn't even make an attempt to contact Rock, even though they did with Cloud which was also an old enemy. Rather suggestive of Leaf and not in a good way. The other was Rain. In canon, they went through great lengths to hide their Civil War. Tsunade wasn't even aware of the trouble until Jiraiya told her and even that information was out of date. Here, it's public knowledge. Very interesting indeed.

So Yugito is in the village with her own genin team. I wonder if Naruto or Yugito is going to realize they are both Jinchuuriki. Yugito's status isn't a secret in Cloud. I also wonder who her students are.

Hinata's Chunin Examn retelling was nice. I wonder how the others got promoted.

Couple spelling mistakes here and there. A nice effort on this chapter and I look forward to the next one.
50 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »