Reviews for Understanding Dean Winchester
drkstormynite chapter 1 . 4/22/2009
Whoa. Awesome story!

I didn't think of that!

Sam being able to finally get a clearer picture of Dean by reading the books!

Wouldn't it be great if that really happened.

Cause Sammy needs to get a clue about Dean right now.

Maybe Sammy needs a little kick in the butt right about now too!

Thanks for the really great story.
driver picks the music chapter 1 . 4/11/2009
You know, I understand he felt like he had failed or whatever, but really, he was being kind of selfish. I'm not saying Sam was right about everything he said, but that's what I've thought all along was that Dean was being a hypocrite with bringing Sam back. I mean, totally glad he did, but whatever. It was a good one shot. :) lol!
Josie chapter 1 . 4/10/2009
Creative concept, though I do think that Dean could probably read a few volumes himself to help him better understand where Sam is coming from. Both boys are looking at the situation in a very one-sided manner, and I would love to see Dean realize just how much Sam has been through as well. Too bad Chuck doesn't seem to have S4 published yet. The brothers might just find that they're more alike than they thought.
babyreaper chapter 1 . 4/10/2009
Very nice, I hope the boys get back on track and stop all this fighting. Great story, Thanks
QuierdoMusic chapter 1 . 4/10/2009
cute... Sam should really read these books...

don't you wanna continue this story? I liked it
riquitv chapter 1 . 4/10/2009
bua, beautiful fic, thanks :)
ukfan101 chapter 1 . 4/10/2009
if only the boys problems together could be solved without bloodshed or their fighting...Sam needs to have something that gets him off the "road to hell" I like the idea that Dean had reread the gospel of spn...great short story
EnglishLass chapter 1 . 4/10/2009
Great one shot. Loved that Dean had read the books and had been getting an insight into Sam and this allowed Sam to get the same.

I did wince when Sam declared 'No. Selfish is you selling your soul because you can’t stand to be alone. Yeah. That is being selfish. Because if you had just not been a hypocrite and left me dead, you wouldn’t have started this whole mess!' I wanted to reach in and smack him upside his head and his doesn't realise how much his words impact his brother.

This was great as it ended up with the boys having a greater understanding of each other and getting back towards the great relationship they always had.

I'm holding out hope that at the end of the series the brothers will be back together fitting off Lucifer and every other demon.
Nash Carter chapter 1 . 4/9/2009
yeah, reading those books could really help them understand each other. i hope they really kept them!

nice work :)
bhoney chapter 1 . 4/9/2009
Okay, this remark of Sam's made me really grouchy: “What? You mad and going to try to leave me again? Come on Dean. It doesn’t work. You won’t go. You can’t go. You need me to be strong for you.”

I'm so glad that Sam read the book. I kinda wondered about that-wouldn't they be more interested in reading them, to see what was going on during times they weren't together, etc? I sure would've been.

Anyway, neat idea you had, Dean telling Sam to read the book so he'd understand where Dean was coming from. I get kinda tired of people always saying that Dean was selfish to trade his soul for Sam, that he just didn't want to be alone. I do think he didn't want to be there without Sam, but the biggest part of it, I think, was a desire to save Sam. To keep his brother safe, even if it meant giving his soul and eventually his life. That's pretty selfless in my book.

Anyway, good job on this. It's so nice to see some brotherly understanding reached.
alwaysateen chapter 1 . 4/9/2009
Awesome story!

It would be a good lesson for both boys to learn more about each other through Chuck's books...

Nicely done.
RedDragen chapter 1 . 4/9/2009
I liked reading that short story.
wcfan chapter 1 . 4/9/2009
I could hear Dean's voice in my head when Sam was reading that scene from AHBL.

How can Sam wonder why Dean reads those books? We know that he reads so he should know the amount of detail that is in a book. The more he reads, the more he can find out about Sam. Maybe even figure out how to stop him.

Plus. Those were simpler times. No angels, no seals, no apocalypse. As crappy as life was back then, it was still better than it is now.

How long was Dean out? I doubt it was all night long, Sam couldn't have had read that many books.
JadeAlmasy chapter 1 . 4/9/2009
Fantasic Job! that was my favorite part of that episode!

Kati
deangirl1 chapter 1 . 4/9/2009
I hate those stupid books... but this was great. I love that scene from AHBL2 - In fact, that is probably the scene I've watched the most. I think it is one of Jensen's best - I would say the best - until possibly this season. As much as I hate those books - I really, really wish that Sam would read them because he truly, truly doesn't have a clue...