Reviews for Noble House
TourmalineBlue chapter 4 . 1/22
I was liking the story overall , but Gosh... I feel the need to point this out just because I'm not sure if it was done intentionally or not to reference Byakuya's Zanpakuto as 'female' spirit, For in the anime and Manga Byakuya's sword Senbonzakura is in all actuality a 'male' Zanpakuto spirit.
matchynishi chapter 3 . 4/8/2013
Aaaah this as so great. After the latest chapter updates, it was really nice to read this, to see how Byakuya had t o deal with the politics. No idea if you'll continue this, but thank you so much for writing, and sharing!
Guest chapter 4 . 7/2/2012
This is so well written! I love your portrayal of the characters and the storyline. Please update (_)
matchynishi chapter 4 . 12/2/2011
Oh wow, this is so great. I love the way you depicted Byakuya, it's just so perfect... the duty, the clan, the division, everything he has to deal with... and the assassins! I particularly liked the last part of this chapter too alksdjflk aaah. *_* And Renji and Rukia; their interaction was so great. I'm looking forward to the rest of this so much!
Mesonoxian chapter 4 . 8/23/2011
Byakuya is so cute!
Sirona chapter 4 . 7/31/2011
Glad you finally updated :) That last scene's throwback to a younger, more impulsive Byakuya was just lovely. And I wonder how much of the situation Rukia is actually aware of?
Lady Red 88 chapter 4 . 7/20/2011
Hm? I imagine that final scene in the grove of bamboo would look very enchanting and magnificant all at once should an outsider happened to have seen it. That might have nearly had a heart attack later though once they worked out what they were seeing. _

Um, longer chapters would be nice and an update more often but we can't all be that good. I certainly can't talk. Anyway, was a good chappy and we're all looking forward to more of it.
River Jaeger chapter 4 . 7/19/2011
I had thought this fic to be long dead. I'm happy to see it isn't!
Slim Summers chapter 2 . 7/19/2011
Just finished reading the whole four chapters currently up and on my second read through.

First off this is a magnificent story so far. Your writing is great (grammer, spelling etc) and your plot seems to be fairly unique for a Byakuya focused story and well thought out so far.

As I said I am on my second readthrough currently and I did notice a wierd section in this chapter:-

"And I thought that the vow Byakuya-sama swore after Rukia's adoption – the vow that, once again, the Elders suggested – would be enough to satisfy you.

"Respectfully, what exactly are you suggesting?" Kyousuke asked. "Why this meeting? For I will not be party to an attempted coup."

There seems to be something missing between those two paragraphs. At the very least the quotation marks and probably a sentence by an elder.

Your portrayal of the next of Renji and 6th Division's workings was great and showed a nice insight into the workings of the division.

One advice I would like to give you (but it seems to me as you already know it) is not to make ALL the elders as total idiots or a**holes. I'd like to believe old age does not necessarily meaning becoming an idiot even among the nobility.
Fenikkusuken chapter 4 . 7/19/2011
Oooooh, WONDERFUL second chapter in this story! Your characterization of Byakuya is so real and your descriptions so razor-sharp I could easily visualize him standing before the Elders and defying them.
Tia'RaHu chapter 4 . 7/19/2011
I'm glad you're continuing this; it's very well-written and, best of all, is NOT focused on a romantic relationship (like about half the stories on this site)! I hope you find time to write more chapters soon!
River Jaeger chapter 3 . 6/18/2010
woah I've never read a story even slightly similar to this. It's a very interesting aspect of the noble life. please update .
Mlusine chapter 3 . 11/24/2009
Such an interesting begining!
Aishiteru chapter 3 . 11/16/2009
Oh wow! Now this is precisely the sort of Byakuya fic I've been wishing for - he's been so influenced by the Kuchiki clan, but we don't really actually see them in canon, so it's nice to see a closer look in fandom!

Your characterization is an absolute pleasure to read; not just Byakuya, I really enjoyed reading from Renji's POV too.

A very intriguing start!
omasuoniwabanshi chapter 3 . 4/29/2009
The prologue was so cool! All that menace and carnage and then Kuchiki Byakuya, utterly blase and nonchalant about it.

Then what a contrast in the next prologue - the arcane political maneuverings of the aristocratic house of Kuchiki, humanized by Kyousuke's POV.

It's the third installment and the first official chapter that really has me hooked though. What an awesome lead-in. Byakuya, taking a leave of absence to go off and investigate? Leaving poor discombobulate Renji in charge? The way he reacted to the news was a perfect foil to Byakuya's controlled rage. You keep him totally in character, yet he seems almost...human. I'm finding myself sympathizing with a character who makes an emotional icecube like Rurouni Kenshin's Aoshi look like the life of the party!

Masterfully done!