Reviews for Dominance
The Man Who Has No Life chapter 8 . 2/27/2012
Sorry to hear about your PS3. Hope you've either repaired or gotten a new one by now.

Cyra is truly alone by this point. Being infected and finding out you've become the thing you hate would have some impact on a person's mental health. I get the feeling this will end with insanity, on her part, in some form...
Charlie019 chapter 8 . 2/3/2012
Damn, looks like you ain't lying when you told me this ain't discontinued. Hope you dun wait another 2 years to update.

Oh, mind if I ask if this takes place in the Resistance year or modern time?
littlelostmelody chapter 7 . 1/23/2012
This is one of the best stories that I've read in a long time. I'm able to reread it over and over again.

I hope you able to update soon.

Um, if you need to find a beta who knows the Resistance series then you could look on gaming forums and such.
Charlie019 chapter 7 . 10/26/2011
Hot damn, this is a good story. When is the next? Your last was last year, or this is discontinued?
Jarrik32 chapter 1 . 6/30/2010
Is this story dead? Is this going to be it? As this has been a great story so far...
ZomRomCom chapter 7 . 5/31/2010
This is great, a rivting story, keep it up!
Jarrik32 chapter 7 . 3/29/2010
This thing ever gonna be updated?
Jarrik32 chapter 4 . 1/14/2010
nice story, but when is it set?
The Man Who Has No Life chapter 5 . 10/21/2009
As usual, it's great. I was wondering exactly what was carrying her, I thought Hybrids were carrying here... But an explosive from a grenade eluded my mind. It's common to think that after a crisis violent humans would be wandering around taking advantage of the lawlessness... But since she doesn't know exactly if the Chimera's hands can look like a humans gave her a good incentive to run but since they didn't kill her... I honestly can't say but it seems pretty logical and realistic.
Grey-Jack chapter 5 . 10/21/2009
S'me, from MyRes. Although I sorta reviewed the beta, heres my official review again anyway.

Excellently written, gripping, interesting and with good characterization, and to prove how good it is, I just said all that, and the chapter didn't have a single lethal gun shot or chimera attack in.

The whole survival thing is great, a refreshing to change to military action. The characters are likable and you want more, so keep up the excellent work!
The Man Who Has No Life chapter 4 . 10/20/2009
I thought someone else would have reviewed by now... Pity. Anyway, I stopped being lazy and made time to read and review this chapter.

I'm going to be honest, the scene where the first Chimera appeared just kind of stuck in my mind the whole chapter, especially the:

' Something dropped down the hole.

And I realized then why people were staring.

Slowly, the creature picked itself back up to its' feet, and I remained frozen there, eyes examining it. The eyes, glaring out at the world in a beautiful shade of gold. The misshapen skull. The taloned hands, the armor that padded it - it was a creature of war.'

But there's something that I noticed about the first chapter... It's your fanfic and you make the rules not sure if you did it intentionally or on purpose but I believe if someone got a scar prior to infection it wouldn't be healed since it was already healed. Just kind of wanted to point that out, if you knew and did it anyway I can't blame you since you make the rules, and I might be wrong though about the healing, everyone has to twist the rules of canon to some exent.
Landon888 chapter 1 . 8/18/2009
this piece of writing is pretty good but to me it doesn't really make sense and mostly in each paragraph you are repeating the things you said on other paragraph.
The Man Who Has No Life chapter 3 . 6/11/2009
Good chapter. You actually had me thinking that there were Furies in the water a few times, suspenseful.
Hawki chapter 2 . 5/28/2009
-Not sure if it was intentional, but in a world of alternate history, invading aliens and looming extinction for humanity, that someone manages to be "pissed" gave me a lol moment. Regardless, good way of starting off the chapter.

(Admittedly in a flashback presumably, but still...)

-The chapter probably isn't as striking as its predecessor, though this isn't really a fault of its own, considering the timeframe that's involved. Certainly had a 'looming quality' that was interwoven with normality, even if there's already signs of it going downhill (I assume that the familiar of sounds of Seattle being sirens might have something to do with this?)

-"They continued to chatter while I stared at the TV absently, I sense of peace creeping up inside of me."

Should be SENSED.

Anyway, good chapter overall. Steady pace, but not too slow.
Hawki chapter 1 . 5/28/2009
-Not a conventional type of prologue, at least when it comes to fanfiction (sometimes it feels there's an excess of people trying to appeal to the lowest common denominator), but it works very well, with a combination of horror and surealism one would expect from the Chimera. As per analysis:

-There's a subtle quality to the beginning of the section. From the outset, we can tell the protagonist isn't some pinnacle of human perfection who's about to lose said perfection to the Chimera. Indeed, this works both ways as per their regenerative abilities. Ideal in some circumstances, but horrific in the infection process.

-"There was no explination about how it could have vanished overnight"

Should be EXPLANATION.

-Good use of the bolded wording, which I guess is coming from an Angel or Daedalus.

Anyway, good job overall. It's left vague as to how the protagonist is in a position of letting infection suddenly catch up on her-while seemingly not in a conversion center, surely Spinners might have given her a hint? Still, that's nitpicking and the entry works fine as it is.