Reviews for Something Obscene
Sorceress of Magic chapter 1 . 8/9/2012
a little confusing but cute i think
devon380black chapter 1 . 5/22/2012
I like this part:

She goes up the stairs, down the hall, and locks the door behind her, without fully knowing why. She doesn't take off her make-up and climbs into bed with all her clothes on. Her skin crawls with imaginary monsters, and her heart is beating very fast. She only has to wait a few minutes for the TV to switch off, and then there's the sound of his door closing, clothes shifting, and he's lying down beside her.

There's only a wall between them.

And how you ended it with:

The latch catches, the hinges squeal, "Maybe you should start looking," he says, and this time, there were no walls between them.
Belief Among Unrest chapter 1 . 7/18/2011
Eeek! You're writing is so flawless! I'm in love with it!
B chapter 1 . 12/18/2010
God, what a fic. Your writing is so restrained but very powerful. Nothing happens, but everything happens. Well done.
DramioneLurver chapter 1 . 12/8/2010
Aw. This one was kinda sweet. In that drama-filled, Derek-spun sort of way. Lovely work.
dafuturesingingsensation chapter 1 . 4/5/2010
Casey at her klutzy, adorable best. iHeart.
sheriff stilinski chapter 1 . 3/24/2010
Oh my god! I love this!

It was exactly what I think someone in this conflict would do.

And I loved the ending line. Absolutely perfect.
silver tears and wasted fears chapter 1 . 9/3/2009
i really really like this. the ONLY thing im confused about is the whole sally thing? i dont really get that
Eridanus1123 chapter 1 . 5/3/2009
Wow. This blew me away. It was thought-provoking and a little bit heart-breaking, and I loved how it wasn't just open and shut, you let the details seep out in trickles. Your writing is so beautiful and intricate. The short sentences with splashes of wit worked so wonderfully, especially with this style of story in particular. I look forward to reading your other stories, and well done.
Lanter chapter 1 . 4/26/2009
"Nora would come with a flame thrower and a chainsaw."

For a serious fic this line sure made me laugh:)

I like how you had Casey come to the realization that she had been pushing away the people who cared about her for someone she no longer liked being with.

There was more show than tell in this story which lent it a nice subtlety, particularly in the final lines. Excellent job.
Archetypical Architect chapter 1 . 4/18/2009
Hi! So I ended up being really heartbroken about the way Casey's decision to be with Truman became a wedge between her and the other people (see, I have resigned myself to the fact that, yes, Casey likes Truman) she loves.

Also: I am very impressed with your subtle Derek - because he loves Casey, he does, but the jury is still out on whether or not he knows it.

Your ending is beautiful.

I always look forward to reading your stories _
TangibleChaos chapter 1 . 4/17/2009
Love, love, love. You're an uber amazing writer and I'm beyond jealous. I think everyone was in character, but ... older? Hard to explain, but because they're older they're different, but it works.
Phoenix Satori chapter 1 . 4/15/2009
Many, many, many well-deserved points for all the manifold background character (I SAY background, but that’s only because that’s where Everyone Else –who isn’t Casey-or-Derek—ends up in my mind, damn it all) quirking –Ed and Liz stabbing at Truman with naught but a pair of matching glares, George n’ Nora being Very Obvious about their waiting up (and George with his astonishingly incorrect response to Nora’s cue), Ed with his hilariously non-sequitur on-the-spot inquiry, Em with her blunt disdain for Truman, and on and on and on.

Also…I’m sure I’ve mentioned this previously (probably in every review I’ve left you), but your exposition is .ALIVE. Everything, Everyone is animate –it’s stunning and DE-LIGHT-FUL to read (who knows why I had to break that word into pieces. it probably deserved it, though.)

Additionally. THIS section: ‘She’s eighteen…There’s only a wall between them,’ is particularly striking –feels…WAFFy, in a deranged sort of way, and definitively, quietly intimate. There’s not even any real interaction going on here and my heart felt like it was about to make a final, desperate bid for freedom (good thing it’s not one of the more important organs). Something’s managing to happen even though Nothing’s really happening at all.

(Formatting’s pretty effing sweet, too, by the by. Which is another horse I’ve probably flogged to death in other reviews, but maybe if you stop arranging your stories so well I’ll stop pestering you about being so gawddayum GOOD at it.

I love the feeling I get when you just drop us into the middle of conversations –or situations, as the case may be; it’s like being shoved into the The Moment and FORCED to take it all in at once. It’s dizzying and poignant and Totally Bada**.

‘She thought of Derek, sitting alone in the dark, watching commercials with his tired eyes. It was two in the morning. He’d probably gone to bed.’ –FWOOSH! Went all the air in my lungs. Because the scene was all about harried-frenzied-batsh*t Casey, and then there’s this tiny, abrupt, unwitting insight and you destroy both Casey’s libido and my BRAIN.

And the scene where she navigates the darkness by way of Derek’s shoulder, and the Max Moment, and Nora with her mystifying Mollifying Mother Powers -aagh! YOU are the reason I cry myself to sleep at night, curled into a fetal position, BAWLING like the pathetic skeeze that I am!

AND. The little anthology of Moments there at the end, with Derek’s arm behind her head, the snipey, almost-affectionate comments (via Derek): ‘You can be really slow;’ ‘No, we aren’t;’ ‘Fine,fine;’ ‘Did you just lock me out?’ Jeeble peeples.

(Don’t be alarmed if I Spontaneously Propose to you one of these days.)

Also. MOAR. (Preeze?) _
JBOller chapter 1 . 4/14/2009
I'm a little confused, but I liked it. :)
Moongoddess97 chapter 1 . 4/13/2009
I loved it. As always i'm completely awed and jealous of your writings. It always makes my day seeing an email saying you've written another story and i can't wait to read it. Hopefully another story is coming out soon ;]