Reviews for Legend
Etrinity chapter 22 . 2/25/2020
This was brilliant. One of the best Zelda fics I’ve ever read. Thank you for such a timeless and fantastic read!
kaycanada chapter 22 . 7/9/2019
I love this. I love that you were able to so easily portray the defining elements of courage, wisdom, and power within each main character without any mention of the triforce and recurring destinies. I love that Zelda and Link were good enough friends to touch each other (hold hands, hug, etc.) before they revealed their love for each other, making the transitions of affection smoother and less of a shock (a lot of stories go from forbidden-to-touch straight to sex within a single chapter and it gives me whiplash). I love that Zelda was, as tradition, terrible with weapons and basically a damsel in distress, yet her character felt the weight of Link's sacrifices to protect her and voiced it to his face, and her skill with helping him heal and think straight make her crucial to the story, not just a side piece. She was somehow a stereotypical girl, yet she really was the one to save Hyrule; giving out money and food without hesitation, her first concern once defeating Ganon was the well-being of the people of Hyrule (before they were even officially HER people), Link admitting to himself that she truly would never allow anything to get in the way of duty, not even love for him. You made her important to the story, more than just a sweet heart with a tiara, and for that you have my undying gratitude because we all know Link kicks ass and is the perfect man but you really wrote up an amazing dynamic duo with character depth and development. You go, Glen Coco. Bless you.
Ultimate blazer chapter 22 . 1/11/2018
This is one of my favorite Zelda fics. You did a great job indeed.
mole-rat-42 chapter 22 . 5/4/2017
Lovely fic! I thought it was very fitting that you used that quote because this really reminded me of Batman, with Link acting as a vigilante and all. Don't worry, that's a very good thing!
AceBlade258 chapter 5 . 10/25/2016
Well written; my heart was racing at the end there!
Carottal chapter 22 . 11/29/2015
I just spent most of my night reading this, and now I'm wasting the few hours left of it away to review. Worst thing is, I don't have much to tell you about this fic. I liked it, found it extremely entertaining and your final AN made me curious of that other fic that is supposed to be more epic. This one was already.

If I decide to be picky, I'd say I would have loved to see more of the citizen rebellion through a citizen's eyes. Or maybe as seen by Viscen. That was a really interesting idea and I would have loved to see more of its mechanics. In general, I would have loved to see more of the "normal" commoners. I feel I would have felt the Legend rise a lot more.

Still, I'm mostly being picky because this was good, Link certainly became more and more of a hero, and his relationship with Zelda was a very nicely told one. I particularly loved the insouciant moments between them.

And I must confess to having loved your Link ever since his first appearing, loved his free will as Ganondorf rightly called it, and his development into a more responsible leader.

By the way, I liked the moments from Ganondorf's point of view. And I liked that he seemed to single Link out too. I wish we would have seen more of it, because that scene with the blood oath was intense, electrical. It may have been my favourite scene in the whole fic.

But one of the reasons I enjoyed this story as much as I did must be that it got me to think about all those figures of vigilantism. I mostly thought about Zorro and Robin Hood. Zorro for the noble with a secret identity, Robin Hood well, for obvious reasons. And it was nice to be brought back to the old school vigilants. Even that dance scene made me think of the movie The mask of Zorro, in which the dance is my favourite scene of the whole movie.

One other great thing was that in the end, people are the one who won. It's not Link and Zelda alone. And that can only please a democratic girl like me! I loved that in the end, the myth of the hero kind of stepped down to let the myth of the people win. That's just very, very nice.

Anyway, I won't start listing all that was nice, I'll just add that the fight scenes, with the Gerudos in particular, were nicely written too. They were clear, easy to follow, and dynamic.

So thank you for the story, I hope I don't regret spending my night on it tomorrow but I know I'm glad I did read it.
Geekyfiki chapter 22 . 9/17/2015
I know you wrote this like, what? Six years ago? But I read the entire thing in like 2 days and I looooved it so much! I wish I could get back into writing more long stories like these, but I can never bring myself to do so. Anyway, thank you for sharing your brilliance with the world! (:
Reader From Hyrule chapter 22 . 8/7/2015
This was suprisingly good
The quality dropped around Link's burns but it got better again a couple if chapters later.

Also, does "washing up" have a different meaning in american english? Because in british english it means washing cutlery and stuff like that. Seems a bit out if place
Glory of Dawn chapter 22 . 5/4/2014
A well-written story, to be sure. I agree with your ending comment that comparing this to Old Legends Die Hard is a touch unfair, but I do have to do it. I liked that one more, and not just for the fleshing out of characters. There were a few points in this story that I found my eyes skipping about the page, which never happened in the other story. Still, I enjoyed the premise for this one, and I liked how you portrayed Link. It was different. Most people portray him as being more, well, knightly in his combat, but you gave him all the best traits of Robin Hood. It was a nice change. I felt a bit let down by Ganondorf. He seemed overly arrogant and stupid. A few points I got, but a lot of his actions seemed needlessly foolish. The final fight was kind of disappointing too, but I find it oddly fitting that Ganondorf would be executed rather than killed in an epic confrontation. It's anticlimactic, but in a startling and satisfying way. An enjoying read nonetheless.
Glory of Dawn chapter 2 . 5/2/2014
Interesting. It's a slow start, but I'm curious enough to continue reading. Later, anyways. For now, bed.
stef chapter 22 . 2/7/2014
First off thank you for sharing this, its not often that you come across a well-written and engaging fanfiction that actually lets you forget you're reading a fanfiction, particularly when there's romance involved, as it almost invariably sacrifices plot for extra fluff or whatnot (a little bit of zelink never goes amiss, but I was after a bit of a revolutionary uprising in the fair land of hyrule and lo! this gem was here all along!). While the dialouge didn't seem quite natural in parts, after reading it over again it was usually just cosmetic/superficial issues with the wording, and minor inconstencies rather than what was actually communicated (which was rarely out of place and made sense given the leadup and context). Your interpretation of the characters was lovely, impa in particular (I was really happy to see her appear again towards the end) along with many of the other minor(-ish?) characters. (Got a bit emotional at a few of the deaths as well.) Admittedly I struggled with zelda a little about halfway in, seeing as she's always come across (to me at least) as being a very confident and determined person when it comes to making sacrifices for hyrule/its citizens (even if she's usually ends up damsel in distress), but given what her upbringing and situation was like, Zelda's self-concept is easily understandable.
Im also very partial to stories of revolution, and it was incredibly nice to see the citizens and general population banding together to actively play a crucial role in there own liberation! Well, after a little inspiration from a reckless but endearing vigilante that is. Link has always been deliberately left open for interpretation, but I think you captured what is certain about his nature perfectly: Confident but not conceited, brave (bordering on insanely reckless) but not incapable of fear, and while a dangerous and relentless opponent, he's also very dutiful, loyal and selfless (despite when here he probably thinks otherwise).

I see you wrote this quite a few years back and will probably not see this (or bother to read it as im rambling quite a bit), but I thought i would be more appropriate to try and articulate how much I liked this rather than not comment or leave a pile of keysmash and exclamation marks. I hope you still enjoy writing because this is, with all honesty, a, lot better than a few published books I've been told read by friends of late (and they have editors and whatnot!), and I really enjoyed reading it despite a few small flaws here and there.

tl:dr Well done, and thank you!
KaChan84 chapter 22 . 6/30/2013
Wow...I enjoyed reading this so, so much! Great writing, great plot and great characters you got there! Thank you so much for sharing, really :)
Ratchetx7 chapter 22 . 8/31/2012
Man great story! I found it not even 2 days ago and im done already, sad day! It was really great though, the ending was perfect, zelink fans are disappointed too often, your ending however was awesome, you rock.
Anonymous chapter 22 . 8/26/2012
My friend, you may have made the best thing I've ever read. I feel like the characters were a little OOC at times, but overall it was a great fanfic and I will definetly read more from you.
Drozan chapter 22 . 7/17/2011
This was easily one of the best stories I have read here. Everything was perfect and by the end I hated Ganondorf myself-the story was just that powerful. Congratulations on this tremendous work of art, you are a terrific writer. I really hope to see you keep writing!