Reviews for Summer of Secrets
LVHamlet chapter 18 . 8/14/2009
This chapter was really sweet and fun to read. The interaction between Harry and Ginny sometimes it's odd, but the sexual aspect of it was written really well. Bill being there must mean something positive in road to Ginny's recovery, I hope.
LVHamlet chapter 17 . 8/14/2009
Not really too much to write, just wanted to say thank you for another chapter. I feel something missing, for some reason this chapter wasn't as interesting as the story...
CodeZombie chapter 20 . 8/14/2009
Nice chapter. Quick easy reads every few days is nice. Plus the complexity of the story is still spot on. Waiting for next one. :)
konii chapter 20 . 8/13/2009
Really... i love this!
Jenny129 chapter 20 . 8/13/2009
Aw! I love the last little bit.
radiantrue chapter 20 . 8/12/2009
I really love your story, and I've learned so much from it. I give you a big hug for all that you've done. Keep up the great work. I can't wait to find out what will happen next. :)
priyanka chapter 20 . 8/12/2009
ahh this is so god
nmj321 chapter 20 . 8/12/2009
I truly love this story. I has a sense of realism! Can't wait for the next chapter!
callie258 chapter 20 . 8/12/2009
:( poor ginny!
juice14 chapter 20 . 8/12/2009
Muggle drugs now... rooting for Harry to be strong and pull her through. Ginny's inner strength is there but needs to be revived. Maybe Fleur can be supportive too? Remind Ginny about what family is heh!
ghostchicken chapter 20 . 8/11/2009
Ginny just wants the hurt to go away; she wants TOM to go away. It was a big step for Ginny to write that letter to Bill. It sounds like she's really trying to like Fleur and like herself. Again, thank GOD for Harry. She almost did it again.

She's got to train herself to talk first, cut never. I think she'll see that every time she hurts herself, she hurts Harry too...but he'll never abandon her and that's important.

When she told Harry and Healer Seacrest that she wasn't sure she wanted to stop...yet, I think that was important. I apprectiate that the Healer isn't preaching. Kudos to her. Harry is Ginny's co-cutter. Harry is NOT her enabler by any means, but he's going through the therapy with her as her immediate support system and that brings up another point.

Ginny goes for the razor first because it's there, readily accessible, and she doesn't have to bother anyone for it. School rules inhibit her ready access to Harry, which I expect might be addressed. Make Harry more accessible so the razor becomes less of a temptation. I base that statement on what Healer Seacrest said about their sexual intimacy being helpful. I was hoping that was the case.

As for the meds, I remember how apprehensive I felt when my doctor put me on Zoloft. It's a mild anti-depressant, but it was a drug and I'm very wary of anything other than heart or diabetes meds. I take a differnt one now that I can't pronounce-let alone spell. Anyway, when I started on them I had the same side-effects, but they passed pretty quickly. Harry's going to need to stay on her about staying on them once she "feels better."

My best friend's daughter is bi-polar and has been since about the age of 14-she's 23 now. A lot of her problem was that she'd take her meds and then feel really good and fall into the "I don't need them anymore; I feel fine" trap. She got pregnant and had an excuse not to take them. The baby's father was a good-for-nothing-a real piece-of-work, I must say. Eventually, it led to her damn near killing their 15-month-old son (neglect-BAD neglect).

The little boy is now three years old and living in an adoptive home, safe, happy, and healthy, and still very much a part of his maternal grandparents' lives. His "mother and father" can't ever see him again.

She is/was a cutter, too, so she's not allowed anything that could remotely resemble a sharp object without supervison. When she cut, she always made the same pattern: two or three horizontal lines bisected by one diagonal top right to bottom left. She didn't even realize she'd repeatedly made that pattern until she showed me her scars and I asked about the significance.

Anyway, she's on the road to recovery and even admits prison is very likely the best thing that's happened to her since she left home. She's in a court-ordered alcohol/drug rehab (booze and crystal meth) program, counseling, a few parenting classes (she has her GED and HSI), and on her meds. They got them right this time.

She was/is a real mess, but things are looking up. We have the highest of hopes for her because she's bright, talented, and a real dynamic personality so long as she's on her meds. I have high hopes for Ginny too.

GOOD JOB!
ProfessorChris chapter 20 . 8/11/2009
Another great chapter...

I am glad that Ginny made some progress even if she did hurt herself again. However the fact that she immediately went to Harry is good. I doubt it will happen but I think the only way for her to stop the impulse reaction is to be with Harry at night at least then he may be able to stop her before she hurts herself.
juice14 chapter 19 . 8/10/2009
Its either one or the other ... now she knows what lies at the end of the tunnel... hope she can see the light (well unless you have much more angst heh) soon...
CodeZombie chapter 19 . 8/10/2009
Nice chapter. A little short but you are a frequent updating so its all good :). You kind of keep me on the edge of my sit every time you get Ginny to cut herself again right when you think she's almost there to stop... she has this blade and she's dragging it over a new area so people won't see it. I'm still hooked.
Ashley Elizabeth Malfoy chapter 19 . 8/9/2009
I'm so in love with thios story its awesome and i can't wait for the next chapter and you take your time
259 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 .. Last Next »