Reviews for Summer of Secrets
ghostchicken chapter 19 . 8/8/2009
It appears the letters from her family overwhelmed Ginny and brought on a relapse. It happens. Bill's diatribe about Fleur didn't help matters either, as it may have inspired a little guilt on Ginny's part to find a person she has little tolerance for likes her and cares enough for her to cry about it.

All the accolades about Quidditch might have caused Ginny to feel a little pressured to perform as well. Fears of letting the team, her House, her family, Ron, and especially Harry may have contributed. That builds up, yeah? That brings on a kind of pain, yeah?

Outlet time, but I can't cut the wrists because I've almost done myself in twice and they say "third time's the charm." No, I have to find another site...one that can't be seen. WRONG! I forgot about my intimacy with Harry-the man who loves me unconditionally-and I've hurt him again. I'm hopeless.

GOOD JOB!
ProfessorChris chapter 19 . 8/7/2009
Oh man that wasn't good, I am glad that Harry found out and while he was angry was able to keep himself in control and comfort Ginny.

I hope she does get better and I hope that Harry never gives up on her despite whatever else may happen.
David Fishwick chapter 19 . 8/7/2009
Great chapter and please write more thanks.
looneygurl chapter 1 . 8/6/2009
so...harry's anorexic and ginny's emo...-sarcastic- yay.
ghostchicken chapter 18 . 8/4/2009
Bill's initial outburst didn't surprise me. He adores Ginny and the thought that she might have killed herself-twice-positively terrified him. That spurred it.

The thing I like about Bill, though, is that he stopped ranting the moment Ginny made to reject him, and followed up with an apology. He didn't come there intending to yell at her at all. I really thought it was cool that he must've done some research about self-injury. He was able to explain to her why the cutting made her feel better, but also told her that she had to find a better way.

He also told her that she had to stop for Ginny, not for Harry or the family or for Hermione. He essentially assured her that it was okay to do something worthwhile for HERSELF. He assured her that he approved of her relationship with Harry and had the grace to ignore the "making love" threat.

She has a sound support system and I wouldn't be surprised if Bill went back to the family and made a report so they know what they need to do to help Ginny through this without ranting or adding guilt to the mix.

Ginny's sessions with Healer Seacrest are going to get ugly before this is over. Ginny's going to fight it, but Harry's influence should keep her on the straight and narrow. They're going to learn to deal with their demons together and that's another tie that'll bind them to one another for good and all.

In the end...love conquers all.

GOOD JOB!
CodeZombie chapter 18 . 8/3/2009
great chapter! I like Bill and Ginny's sibling chemistry reminds me of my sister and myself. Chapter was longer this time and good. Waiting for her next session unless you have something better in store. Can't wait!
juice14 chapter 18 . 8/3/2009
Its good that Ginny and Harry recognise the intimacy and forgiveness they share with each other.

As humans this aspect of love-making separates us from animals... as I tell my fiancee, in the end... the heart cannot be separated from the act. That is part of what makes us human.

Very nice bit with Bill explaining the muggle science behind things. I think Harry's part ties in with JKR canon... 'The power the Dark Lord knows not' and all you know heh...

I think this is one of your best chapters yet. Capturing multiple emotions and intimate moments with excellent plot development. :P
ProfessorChris chapter 18 . 8/3/2009
I am glad that Ginny had the chance to speak with Bill. Hopefully she will see that there are lots of people who really care about her, even if she knows it in her mind seeing them really worried has to help.

I am sure there are more bumps in the road but at least she is trying.
CodeZombie chapter 17 . 8/2/2009
Excellent chapter. Nice surprise, can't wait to see interaction with Bill. Chapter was alil short this time lol! But you update religiously so I will allow it :) Til next chapter.
David Fishwick chapter 17 . 8/1/2009
Brilliant idea and I wonder why Bill is there. Please write more thanks.
ProfessorChris chapter 17 . 8/1/2009
Ah very good, I am glad that they had some fun and Harry was able to surprise Ginny as well.
ProfessorChris chapter 16 . 8/1/2009
Great chapter I am glad that they were able to be honest with Seacrest and hopefully it is the start of good things for both of them. At least Ginny knows now how Harry feels when she continues to hurt herself, it may not complete stop it but hopefully she will think about it before doing it again.
Jenny129 chapter 17 . 8/1/2009
Is it good news or bad news that bill's here?
ghostchicken chapter 17 . 8/1/2009
It appears that Ginny isn't fighting her Healer. I'm wondering, then, based on Ginny's thoughts, if Healer Seacrest hadn't been a "victim" of this affliction as well.

Normality is really important; I think if anyone recognizes that, it's Harry. He's always wanted normal in his life, so he imagines Ginny does too. The reassurances in front of people that he loves her-pretty much above anything else, including Quidditch-helps her with any lingering self-doubt issues.

The Hogsmeade day was rather fun and Ginny dressed for fun. Sure it's February, but so what? Warming charms are very useful and if she wanted to wear flip-flops that was her choice. I thought it was very sweet of Harry to reiterate to her how beautiful she is. And the great thing about it is that Ginny knows Harry would never lie to her.

Ginny's also very glad to be alive. She nearly did herself in twice, and the last time-though not intentional, since death isn't the issue here-put the fear of (God, Merlin, Circe, the gods-whatever) into her enough to take the next step in her healing: do something about the admission there was a problem.

Now...Ron arranged for Bill to be in the Common Room at a certain time, so Harry got Ginny there to meet him. This is going to be interesting because Bill is (traditionally) Ginny's favorite among her brothers. Bill was almost a father-figure to her because he's 11 years older than her. Ron is the one she's closest to, of course, but Bill is her favorite.

This was a very nice chapter and I'm still very impressed with your work. WELL DONE.
juice14 chapter 17 . 8/1/2009
M good simple 'fun' time. With the big strong big brother at the end heh. Hope Bill can put some good influence on the whole thing.
259 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 .. Last Next »