Reviews for Summer of Secrets
juxtaPoseidon chapter 26 . 9/9/2009
Aww... I wanted Draco/Luna pairing, there aren't enough of those, but this is good too! Why is Cornelia's nickname Nena?
rookie802 chapter 26 . 9/9/2009
Great story and cannot wait to read the next chapter!
ghostchicken chapter 26 . 9/9/2009
Rhiannon:

It appears your muse has returned and took your writer's block down. Thanks for using that line. I was hoping it would give you a kick-start.

Harry doesn't need to preach to Ginny, but he needed to let her know that when she hurts herself, she hurts him...but without making it "about" him. That's walking a very fine line and you pulled it off beautifully.

The attack in Hogsmeade was well-written too. You didn't drag it out because it wasn't necessary. The DEs were outnumbered and the battle reflected that. I also appreciate that you're trying to rehabilitate Draco. I'd always thought he'd find himself at a crossroads, but I wasn't crazy about the way JKR handled it. I like what you're doing much better. GOOD JOB!

Thanks for the new dedication. You're just too good to me!

Hugs...

Sheila
ProfessorChris chapter 26 . 9/9/2009
Great chapter, I am glad that Draco was able to help Ginny... Voldie is going to be rather upset that his plan failed :).
juxtaPoseidon chapter 25 . 9/8/2009
Well, you are now the third author who I am providing inspiration to, if you'll take it. Unfortunately, I don't have very much experience with cutting, so most of my ideas will not center directly around that, I hope that's okay.

~ DRACO NEEDS A GIRLFRIEND! Not that I particularly like Draco, but he needs one. Not too much emphasis on the Draco relationship, but maybe he asks Harry for advice, or something like that. A possible idea would be for Draco's parents to visit the school, and not be able to find Draco, and they're relieved for a while, but then their owl finds him and gives him a cursed envelope that undoes the charm. And then someone (I'm rooting for Luna Lovegood) finds another way to protect him, like giving him a necklace made from Blibbering Humdinger scales.

~ Bill's wedding! write Bill's wedding!

~ Possible pregnancy scare with Ginny. But make it so that Wizarding pregnancy results take longer than muggle ones, maybe a day or so, and then Ginny doesn't cut because she wants the baby to live again, and when she finds out she's not pregnant, she starts cutting again, and they think about getting her pregnant to stop her from cutting, but then they're worried about her cutting again after the baby and the baby living without a mother.

~ Ginny becomes critically injures, maybe the cutting leaves her vulernable to an infection that's been going around (sorry if you think this suggestion is too out there, my mom just canceled Cable TV, so I rented all the season four House Dvds from the video store). Then maybe Draco remembers a cure for the injury, which doesn't have to be an infection, and it's in Malfoy Manor, so they have to break in.

Like any of those ideas? if not, I can probably come up with more...
lbfan chapter 24 . 9/8/2009
Some people who are struggling with addictions will find a more healthier substitute. It may be an addiction itself, but soon the previous problem is forgotten. To kick the drinking habit, my dad drank home brewed tea by the bucket fulls.

My suggestion is to give Ginny an unhealthy appetite for sex.

Another option is to have a healer start screwing with the brain chemicals balance with copious amounts of drugs. It is an awful reality what anti-depressants do to people. She will certainly get fat.
ghostchicken chapter 25 . 9/8/2009
Rhiannon:

Since Ginny's had a bit of a set-back, perhaps it's time for her and Harry to have a serious heart-to-heart. She needs to know how much he loves her and how frightened he is of losing her. "Gin, I love you and when you hurt, I hurt. Please come to me when the pain becomes too much to bear. Let me try to make it go away."

I'd like to see a little more in-session stuff with Healer Seacrest. I really like her a lot. She's no-nonsense, but she won't preach at Ginny either. I admire that.

Hermione took a shot at tough love, which is okay, but she needs to be tougher if she wants to take on that role. She backed down way too easily the first time. Ginny's going to rebel against it, but in the long run, she'll come to understand that Hermione got tough because she loves her friend and wants only what's best for her. Perhaps Hermione might do the Hermione-thing and do some research about SI as well.'

I'm probably way off-base, but it's just a few thoughts.

Sheila
radiantrue chapter 25 . 9/8/2009
Hi! Thanks for letting us know where you're at. The only thing I can really think of, is that I would really like to see another meeting with the healer. And I'd like to see what will happen when she finds out Ginny has hurt herself again. Maybe you could throw in some more Draco or something? I'm not a very creative person, but I'm really looking forward to this story. Keep up the great work!
hargin1 chapter 24 . 9/4/2009
the chapter did make up for the wait. [: but i really really really want to see ginny get better! is it going to happen soon?
kathy chapter 1 . 9/2/2009
i my self do what ginny does... well not for the last 6-8 months i havent... about the diary bit and pouring her soul into it ... put that and not foolish enough to poor young soul in to ... put her young soul in to, it would read better... im from uk and thats how i read it better,.

.uk
Jenny129 chapter 24 . 9/1/2009
Is dumbledore going to die like in the real movie/book?
IlOvEiCe chapter 24 . 8/31/2009
I loved this chapter,and I can't wait for the next one(s)! Today I read them all and they kept me breathlessly! Your way of writing this stories is great,and I love how you express Ginny's feelings;And Harry's ,too .One thing I have to say with a hurting regret in my heart: Can't they come faster? :D I hope this story NEVER ends and the writer ,godessoftrees (hard username,you know? Haha!) becomes famous with the stories she'll be DONE!
kimera616 chapter 24 . 8/30/2009
i have been on both sides of the taking of instruments my own only once but two of my friends one willingly and one um... not so willingly and i think that might be the best way to write wen hermione acctualy gets the razor.
DrkVrtx chapter 24 . 8/30/2009
And there was me thinking Ginny was well on the way to her happily ever after, it seems otherwise however.

I like the fact that your highlighting the strains Ginny's issues are having on the relationship with Harry; I'm just waiting from him to flip out, so to speak, patience is never infinite after all. Still trying to get my head around your take on Malfoy: the Draco v Harry theme has been ingrained into me by JKR :D

I can sense the vicious cycle, if you will, building rotation, as it seems that Ginny is going to be faced with increasing issues as she tries to overcome SI; in this sense, you as the author could keep this going for a while yet, developing chars/r'ships as you go. I certainly look forward to more ;)
ShadowHunter990 chapter 24 . 8/30/2009
I Really hope she gets better
259 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 .. Last Next »