Reviews for Confession
TheUnderStudy chapter 1 . 11/7/2013
Tough one to swallow. It got me all choked up dear. Well written
Rasa.Ra chapter 1 . 8/23/2012
What an insight into the point breaking moment in Edwards life.. Loved it.. But it was sad and horrible.. The things he sees and hears..
Corinne Tate chapter 1 . 8/8/2011
After your note and the mention that your stories have less than ten reviews, I just had to read at least one. Often this part of fanfiction stinks - that reciprocation of reviews for writers of stories that are not my cup of tea. Always a double edged sword.

But now and then I'm pleasantly surprised. I'm writing this before I'm finished - it's so refreshingly good! I love the details. I love the comparison to the wino. I love the way his thoughts speak..."for the love of all that's holy...the lashing cold rain...cut me open and wash me clean."

I love that he experiences the depravity of his victims, and it becomes his own. I know he's looking for a church. I love his realization that he wants to go home.

I love the confession. "My whole existence is a sin..." "I'm afraid." (gasp!)

That he could hear the priests thoughts, and that they are full of horror and condemnation - so chilling.

This is so cold and raw and sharp. I love all the nuances and mental images, and I love how it could have been just such an incident that set up his feelings of being a monster.

I only wish I could review this several times, as it truly deserves many accolades.
tookeeluv chapter 1 . 6/29/2011
Woodlily sent me... I'm reading her FoxFire and loving it.

I love oneshots, so I'm loving that most of your stories are oneshots. :)

This one was great, I think you got into Edward's head pretty well. I enjoyed this one.

Thanks for sharing! :)
miaokuancha chapter 1 . 9/1/2010
So powerfully written! I loved this:

(of the rain in Chicago) I wished it would cut me open and wash me clean.

You've really taken Edward's vigilante years to a very dark place: that he became driven, not only by lust for the human blood, but also by lust for his victims' suffering. Granted that he was using it to distract himself from the truth about fighting evil with evil, but still. The fact that, when confronted with that truth he clung to his addiction, still, and tried to silence the truth with yet a deeper layer of depravity, very dark, but also very true to the situation. I can't help wondering how you would salvage him from this place. If you choose to write further in this mini-verse that you have created with this story, please pm me. I want to read!
jrhull chapter 1 . 8/24/2010
I love Monster Edward. I just think there's so much dimension to him. And, I think the first time I read this, I was too wrapped up in mine to really see this for what it is...amazing. You went in a direction I didn't touch, and you did it so well. I really like how well you convey the priest's disgust at Edward. And then I also liked the little bit about how the planning and the hunt makes Edward feel powerful.

Well done, lady. :)
WoodLily chapter 1 . 8/8/2010
This gave me goosebumps. You capture Edward's self-loathing so well. "Heaven will not take me in" - how easily he believes the worst about himself! I love the imagery of the child's eyes, and the mirror.

Well done!

Woodlily
PinkDaisies4 chapter 1 . 7/25/2009
Aww! This is so sad! I feel like you captured Edward so well! I love that the whole thing seems soo contradictory! Edward doesn't believe he has a soul, yet he went to a priest to bear his feelings, his sins. This was so great and very well written! I am so sad for Edward... :)
Authoress of Evil chapter 1 . 7/14/2009
My, is that upsetting. And depressing. And excellent.