Reviews for Chrysalis: Volume 1
anne chapter 24 . 1/26
I love this so much! You should definitely update... just sayin'. Also, you should have a close call with Graverobber where he gets cut and the cut gets infected. Then Shilo comes back and realizes that she was never considered a wimp and was appreciated by Graves... and Amber feels guilty. :D GraveAngst!
THough, seriously. you should update this. :) It's really interesting to read and I honestly dont know what will happen. Im excited. :)
Wandergirl108 chapter 24 . 10/22/2013
*applauds* I am SO glad you came back to this! :D :D :D Seriously, it's crazy how much effort you've put into this story already, I can only praise it. It breaks canon at times, but it's done so well that that's totally okay for the sake of what you're doing. I'm glad to see you're like me - you might drop a project for a few years, but sooner or later, you always come back to finish what you start…and holy shit, what a story you've started.

As I said in my last review, I'm kind of both curious and scared to see where things go from here…especially with Shilo probably about to pop her unwelcome, selfish little nearly-bald head in. :P I never liked Grilo, or even just Shilo…I mean, she's a boring, stupid little girl who let powerful people and events tug her back and forth and up and down until they all died; and the way you've written her, she can only get in the way. But hey, you have a master plan (I'm sure), not to mention quite an epic setup, so I'll follow it wherever you may lead me. Cheers! :D
Wandergirl108 chapter 23 . 8/4/2013
The effort you've put into this story is truly commendable - with all the backstory you've created from scratch and the original characters you've created, it's a whole new Repo! world. It's just so…convoluted. I mean, Luigi's plotting to kill his beloved sister, Amber's gotten her act together and is ready to be a mother but wants Shilo tortured to death, Pavi acts like he only cares about himself but may well be the reason Amber and her child might survive the traps being laid, Shilo's a grave-robber and an actually interesting character now but has gone all little-miss-selfish because someone doesn't love her the way she wants them to for once…Good god, all of this is so fascinatingly, mind-bendingly fucked up! The only one who isn't part of some fucked-up murder/revenge plot is Graverobber, and he has his own issues to figure out…Although, on the other hand, those last two sentences pretty much describe the original movie, too, don't they? XD

Anyway, bottom line, if you ever decide to continue with this, I am both curious and afraid to find out where things go from here, which is a good sign for you as a writer. Do carry on. :)
Olympus Has Fallen chapter 1 . 8/19/2012
Nice x
TheEnigmaSphinx chapter 10 . 11/4/2011
Wow, ok so I'm only on Chapter 10, but I love this! Gramber is my favorite. Keep up the good work and I'm looking forward to future chapters!
Princess Absahail chapter 23 . 7/3/2011
Alright, let me begin by saying that this is by far the best Repo! fanfiction I ave read thus far. While you manage to keep all of the characters as they were in the film, you also give them hidden depths, inner conflicts, and even character development. By giving such broad and exciting traits to already wonderful characters, you have proven more talent than one person should be allowed!

Graverobber-er, sorry, Grim is by far the most mysterious character in the film. The complex back story you gave him as well as the cocky-but-kind personality that he displays are so amazing that they deserve to be canon!

Amber was always my favorite character, but she is hard to grasp. Thankfully, you haven't abandon her slutty roots and rather chosen to grow off of those so that she finally learns to care for more than herself and possibly even learn to abandon her old ways.

I had never been a fan of Shilo before, but this story has completely changed my opinion on her. In the story, you have clearly shown both her strengths and weaknesses so we are all assured that she's human, but still root for her the whole way!

Aside from the main characters, you have provided us with a strong ensemble. The idea to make Luigi a Repo Man was downright brilliant! And Henry is an incredibly strong character who has plenty of depth, screen time, and brains to be compelling and fun, but avoid the dreaded title of Mary Sue.

The one small complaint I have is that I think that the rating should go down. The M rating is typically reserved for gore and flat out smut. However, at this point in the story, there's no telling where it could go, so I'll leave it to your judgement.

All in all, this is one pof the best fanficitions I ave read and while you're probably busy with other masterpieces such as this, I-and many others I'm sure-would love to see where this goes. Please keep writing and updating!
Lil Babe chapter 6 . 6/23/2011
OMFGZ! This is soo cool! I haven't read many good Gramber fics lately and tis is amazing! I really hope that u don't stop writing cuz this is one of the best Repo! fics I've read!
JasmineDB chapter 23 . 4/15/2011
Oh! Didn't expect that one.

Super excited for the next chapter, can't wait til you update.
ChaosandMayhem chapter 22 . 2/12/2011
It's about to get dark? You mean darker than it already is? XD

Ahhh Amber has it out for Shilo. :\ Can't say I'm surprised, though.

I would hate Luigi punching me in the face too. XD

I like how you've upped Pavi's rapist tendencies. Most fanfics turn him into a relatively harmless person...but here he's...sinister. ._.

Awwww Shilo does have a crush! :D Cute.

Poor kid. She's such a Woobie. :\ Things are going to get even worse for her now, huh?

Awesome chapter!

Chaos
ChaosandMayhem chapter 21 . 2/12/2011
Oooooh no! Shilo's been selected! :O Fate's just got it out for her, huh? Still, it's sweet to see that she cares this much about Graverobber. Perhaps a bit of a crush? ;)

And her reflexes when it comes to being in a panic was written in a very realistic way. :) Just felt like pointing that out.

As usual, an excellent chapter!

Chaos
bloodydarkwolf chapter 22 . 1/18/2011
Aw, poor, Shi. Once again fate seems to be setting her up for horrible failure. Can't seem to get Graverobber. For god's sake don't go to the ball! She's just having a pretty bad time, here. Actually, doesn't look like anyone in this story is quite at rest. Hurray! Unrest makes for yummy plots! Yummy plots make for happy readers. One of whom is little ol' me! Each chapter's worth the wait, friend, but I wait eagerly for the next.
JasmineDB chapter 22 . 1/14/2011
I fall in love even more with this story every time I read it. I love your writing style, the grammar is wonderful, and the story/plot is so original and interesting. Just to let you know ;).

But I hate the little brat, Shilo. I like her, but shes such a naive little turd. Graverobber is not yours, never was lol. Cant wait for the new chapter! Love it darling!
JasmineDB chapter 21 . 9/23/2010
No effing way! I can't believe that Shilo is one of the chosen orphan!
Martyr of Musique chapter 1 . 9/3/2010
I salute you! Not many writers go down any other route apart from Grilo..ita refreshing for someone to try another character, and might I say you've obviously thought out and researched the character's backstory?

That is, I'm so glad there's at least one writer who writes maturely and does not solely go with the most popular pairing..

Also, your approach to a well thought out story with a good idea of grammar is great!

Well done Newbie (lol), keep writing! : )
bloodydarkwolf chapter 21 . 8/19/2010
Well...this should be interesting...to say the least...YAY masquerade party! Aw, me thinks Shilo has a crush.