Reviews for The Other Boy Who Lived
Calypto chapter 3 . 6/15
wow harry is such a major pussy im getting a boner. i really hope he gets his shit together soon. i really wanted to read this fic
Atheist god chapter 9 . 5/8
Is the older Harry from the canon timeline?
kyle2143 chapter 43 . 4/23
This story had a lot of twists and turns for me. I've had a hard time determining whether or not I really liked it because I felt there were some strong points in both directions.

To start with the ending. I loved it, one of the most unique endings I've read for a Harry Potter fic. I think the ending and aftermath were almost perfectly fitting for how you led the story.

Though overall I had 3 big grievances with the story that I just couldn't reconcile:

1. The dialogue. I feel bad for saying this because it sounds insulting, and I have no idea how hard it is to write dialogue, but I just couldn't get by it. The dialogue was the worst I've read in my life. Lots of times it sounded like people would say one thing and the audience of that dialogue would glean or infer something completely different from the meaning that was meant to be happened many times, though usually they were small things and there was no gravely important information that is not visible to the reader that was inferred by the character that heard the dialogue. The other thing is that so much of the dialogue, so so much, just felt like I was reading the writing of somebody who had never had a conversation with another person. That sounds harsh, but I literally was thinking that as I read some dialogue so I'm just calling it like I see it. Sorry.

2. The entire existence of the Founder's side story for creating the "Dark Tower". It still makes no sense to me why any of them thought it would be a good idea. Like it was just stupid, it was completely based of the idea that Godric was a caricature of naive idealist. His whole argument for creating it was so that they could show the Muggles the value of magic? What? That's the dumbest thing ever, why would they need something that can raise the dead or fulfill a person's single greatest wish when they could already have vastly improved the quality of life of muggles just by doing "regular" magic. Such has healing people, that's the obvious thing to do. Back in the 13th century people were fucking dying from tooth cavities or infections from a cut's. I can see his need to create the Dark Tower making sense if his character was fleshed out more, giving him an actual reason for why he might need to make it do what it did, but logically it made no sense.

3. This was more minor. The whole thing about the Ministry drafting children and Ginny in particular. When that plot point was introduced, I was captivated and that scene where she get's the letter was poignant. It was really making a statement about using children in the war, which is what always happens in Harry Potter fics, I thought it was an interesting take, but it was kinda dropped until later when Hermione meets her friends who had been fighting and realizes how terrible it was. But the minister drafts a 14 year old child and everyone was outraged, then the next time Harry and co see's her, she's basically happy about it, that she was sent to fight and everybody forgot that they wanted to murder Fudge. I really didn't understand why that whole thing was dropped. Similarly I was annoyed that there was no reference to the Ministry trying to draft it's adult citizens before it started drafting schoolchildren. Drafting children would have been more forgivable if literally every able bodied adult was already fighting before they started with children, I don't understand why nobody referenced that at all.
LoverGurrl411 chapter 42 . 4/19
Hot damn, you moved me. Like-COMPLETELY. Your talent is unbelievable. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for writing this story. It was EXACTLY what I needed to lift my spirits and consume me.
Damn-that was real. #youAreAmazing #speechless #talentLikeThisCan'tBeTaught
I have no idea where this is going, but I'm super intrigued. This was a wonderful beginning! Bravo!
lazy-kaa chapter 42 . 3/29
A bit dark and sad end. Of course, you may say that there is a hope that dark lord will be ended... However, most of storry heros are broken. And... You might be right that it is more natural way.
lazy-kaa chapter 33 . 3/29
Chapter if fine, but there is always consern. If magic society had to hide about 300 years ago, than what made them to do so? Actually, technology of modern time goes much far into phisics of the nature. So, it must be very distructive... At least atomic bomb is something to distroy magic.
lazy-kaa chapter 1 . 3/28
Yes. at least Ginny won't be with Harry, which is fine with me :) And Nevill is fine too. He might be forced to grow faster.
Comrade'sRoza chapter 43 . 3/27
I loved the first half of your story but after that things got a bit confusing. And I still can't understand what was the connection between the pebble and the horcrux and why did Harry never find out that James was actually a time travelling version of himself.
alphaisosceles chapter 43 . 3/25
I was wondering if the author could make his several other endings public, as i am very interested to know how else it might have ended. I am happy with the original ending though. The light side also pays a sacrifice..

I am completely in love with this story.. If anyone has any recommendations that are similar to this story, i'd be very happy to know.
G the Headmaster chapter 27 . 2/18
I knew it!
G the Headmaster chapter 9 . 2/17
Good cliffie. Not only did it catch us by surprise but made us demand more.
G the Headmaster chapter 7 . 2/17
Wow! That caught me by surprise.
Mokina chapter 20 . 12/28/2016
This is so epic! I'm only halfway through the chapter (and story) , but I just had to say that.
1,016 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »