Reviews for Before the Fires of Doom
Frodo's sister chapter 1 . 1/7/2014
Good description of Gollum taking the ring from Frodo from Gollum's point of view.
Aria Breuer chapter 1 . 10/12/2013
I must say, this story was well-written.

I noticed some grammatical errors as I read through the story. In this sentence ‘All what Frodo could do was struggle for his life…’ In this sentence, ‘what’ either needs to be taken out or replaced with ‘that’. In this sentence ‘a golden gleem caught his eye…’ ‘gleem’ needs to be fixed to ‘gleam’. Those are all the errors I caught for this story.

You did well going back and forth between Gollum's thoughts and Frodo's thoughts, as if they occurred silmultaneously, as all thoughts naturally do.

Again, well done. I'm going to favorite this story and put it in my community, 'A Hobbit's Comeback'.

Aria Breuer
InMourningForAthelstan chapter 1 . 5/27/2013
Really good. Very well written.
Lysana chapter 1 . 7/14/2009
Cool! Yeah, it's pretty violent, but not necessarily as bad as I expected from your warning. I don't think it's that much more violent than your other Gollum fics.

I really like what you've shown for Gollum's thoughts and also for how Frodo felt in that moment of madness:

"Wearing the Ring where it was forged, in the centre of Sauron's realm, was like laughing in the Dark Lord's face."

Indeed!

And I like your idea of Gollum planing to take the ring back to Shelob to work with her and gain power. It doesn't seem all that canon, but who knows? It does make sense. Cool idea!

I always wished Gollum would have made it instead of dying. I'd like to have seen Gandalf's slim hope for his recovery come true. No Hobbit deserves to have their life ruined by the Ring! No one at all does, really. But there's just something about Hobbits! And you know, I haven't said yet how much I appreciate the way you keep calling Gollum one. That's still what he is.

-Lysana
Gijinka Renamon chapter 1 . 3/20/2004
Not bad. It seems very true to the book.
Skye12 chapter 1 . 9/28/2002
Wow! Very good though I wouldn't say it need be rated R. Heh. Well I've been on somewhat of a Gollum spree myself and lately I've been searching stories for inspiration. This is yet another that delves into the very thoughts of Gollum which is good for me cuz my next fic is a Gollm POV. Thanx! And very wonderful!

~Skye~
lordoftheeagles chapter 1 . 3/31/2002
Its cool...what's the name of your other Gollum fics?
Meowiegirl chapter 1 . 1/20/2002
I luv Frodo sooooo much. He is really, really sweet! Poor thing...(Frodo, not

Gollum)
Yume Tenshi2 chapter 1 . 1/19/2002
wow! that story was disturbing but great! i loved it! poor Frodo! Beautifully written even if it was short! Good job! .~
Preciouss chapter 1 . 12/30/2001
*sobbing* I MISS GOLLUM ALREADY! I actually almost CRIED when I read that he died on the book! He was all happy because he'd gotten his precious back then he fell.. *starts sobbing louder and jumps over to hug Gollum*

Gollum: *struggling* GET OFF USss! We isn't really killedses!

ME: *still clinging to Gollum* Yesss I knooow! but it's so SAD!

*coughs sniffles* So, you're from Canada? As am I. Where are you from? I'm in Winnipeg, Maitoba. Email Me! *grins*
Pervinca T chapter 1 . 12/30/2001
Wow, great! Gollum's soooooo cool. (He was my favourite character in "The Hobbit", But got booted to third in LOTR by Pippin and Legolas). Still, this is a great scene, and you captured it very well. Good work!
natureluver chapter 1 . 12/20/2001
very cool, but the ending was a little dissatisfying... i think it needed a few closing thoughts by frodo. but on the whole i thought it was excellent :) keep writing!

p.s. being ignored sucks :( waah!
Ron's Girl chapter 1 . 12/18/2001
Well written, and somehow sad. Poor Frodo:(. And even though Gollum was wicked, he was still a sympathetic character, since it was the ring that compelled him to evil.
arwen II chapter 1 . 12/17/2001
This was so awesome! I've read many, but this is one of the best! Sure it's short, but heck, it's worth reading...no...IT MUST BE READ! I'd give it 6 thumbs up but I don't have six arms...
The Lazy Fairy chapter 1 . 12/17/2001
yup. pretty accurate to the book!