Reviews for From the Ashes
DaughterOfLupaxmx chapter 7 . 9/4/2013
moooooooooore!
Kexy Kewl chapter 7 . 3/18/2012
Wow, it's been really long since you updated! I liked this chapter, especially how you put in Amgor and Aryella from the RPG; they were a thrilling duo! Are you going to bring the wer in also?

But why didn't Maerad show much of a surprise when she saw Dernhil? I mean, she was like 50-50 that she might see him again, but she would have been surprised, even dumbstruck, right?

Anyhow, I hope you update soon!
Queen of the Skye chapter 6 . 6/8/2011
Gah! How dare you not update for so long? PLEASE UPDATE! (I swore that phrase off when I turned fourteen; oh well.) Pretty pretty please with...um...well, use your imagination!
Lady Belinda Voldemort chapter 6 . 2/3/2011
Please please please add to this. It is AMAZING! I can't seem to stop reading it over and over.

Lady B
craizypet chapter 6 . 12/9/2010
loving this story! really curious now, you got me thinking... please, please, please, update soon!
Inchinnep chapter 1 . 5/7/2010
I really like 'From the Ashes'. Can you please write the next chapterr ? Cant wait.
TeamEdward101 chapter 6 . 4/15/2010
Good story! Please make more chapters! Does Maerad die? What is Dernhil's mistake? Does Cadvan find her?
Pernicia chapter 6 . 4/10/2010
Again, sorry for being really late reviewing. This was possibly... probably... my favorite chapter. I loved the new POV- you've got Dernhil down as well.

-He had set the hunting traps several weeks before-

Oh dear. I was afraid of it was his...

-"Cadvan?" -

Gah! Dernhil won't like that (though, being Dernhil, will take it in the calmest manner).

The one thing I missed in here was the big moment when Dernhil realizes what Maerad has become... but that's better suited for a reflection scene anyway, after the action's over. Yeah... lame attempt at trying to improve this...

-"I'm dead...like you."-

Just kind of an eerie (good) line. I wonder what she means, or if it's nonsense (since he's not actually dead, but everyone thinks he's dead...)

-"Rest, My- Maerad."-

Clever. Very clever... can't wait for an update!
Pernicia chapter 5 . 4/10/2010
-I'm sorry it took so long for me to update this.-

That's fine, since it took me WAY too long to review. (Sorry!)

-I know it could be better-

Wow. Personally, I'd settle for writing like you any day, I'm not sure I'll find any flaws. I just can't get over how beautifully you use your words!

-Putting her mind to this task she'd given herself and refusing to think beyond that, she pulled out her sword and cut an opening in the vegetation.-

Reminds me of Sleeping Beauty. Random, I know, but in a way, Maerad is traveling to "wake up" Dernhil to the wolrd, plus I could resist mentioning my favorite fairy tale... okay, shutting up.

-[Breathe.] The thought horrified her. "No."-

I know this is a really serious part, but this made me laugh. Her "death" (near death?) was actually really beautiful, I thought you handled it in a very Croggon-like way, with her soul being the driver, and with "sights exploding" at her. I look forward to the next chapter (literally, since it's right there).
Maerad chapter 6 . 1/2/2010
It has been so long since you've updated indeed! and I found myself reading the previous chapter. But anyway, This is another good chapter, and I chuckled with mixed surprise and squee(i could not make up the word, you know what squee means anyway lol.) on the last parts when Dernhil made a mistake.

This is definitely Dernhil's moment with Maerad, his chance! It had only been a week when Dernhil and Maerad had time to each other in Innail. But now Dernhil has the time in his command! with no Cadvan to spoil them. :p XD

I am excited at how things will show up between the two, and three(Cadvan!) But remember, do not make things fast. Remember the ways of the heart, if you know what I mean.

So long, my friend. :)
PadawanJesselinFett chapter 6 . 12/30/2009
im so glad you updated! i like how this chapter was from derny-dumpkins point of view! :D i cant wait to see maerads reaction to seeimg him and what dernhil will say about cadders!
Unknown Destination chapter 6 . 12/30/2009
They've finally met! I'm excited as to learn what exactly will happen to Derhil and Cadvan, adn what this will do to their friendship. But don't rush anything! You're doing a fantastic job!
AC2 chapter 6 . 12/30/2009
Perfect, niggle-free chapter. The attack sequence was exciting and now Dernhil has to cope with the knowledge that his trap has hurt Maerad. The tension is nicely handled and the prose is excellent, as usual. :D
Anatone chapter 6 . 12/30/2009
Oh goody! LOL

Okay, so this chapter was really good. I loved the POV change. One thing that I felt was missing was a description of the 'imead'. Or maybe I missed it.

Update soon!
xLaramiex chapter 6 . 12/30/2009
Wowwss! Amazing chapter! Its so nice to read a fanfic so well-written . I found one mistake/typo: "affect" should be "effect". It's in this paragraph: "As it began its forward movement, Dernhil switched sword hands, glad for the relief it brought to his injured forearm. The animal leaped into the air and he braced himself, rushing forward so that it would land on the sword. He succeeded, though not with the desired affect."

Otherwise marvellous! Love it love it .