Reviews for Potential
xLittleMissReality chapter 1 . 3/6/2010
It is a good piece of writing, sort of freaking me out a bit, but good quality. I too am in Pirates Of Penzance as Ruth and my crush is even Frederic, but I think it'd be freaky if the characters thought that. If you actually do support the couple, go ahead, nothing's stopping you. I just want to make sure you know that Ruth doesn't actually like Frederic. She just wants a good life for herself away from the pirates, and thinks Frederic's cute. She thinks herself to be a fine woman, it is her "candid opinion". Haha, I even made a joke in drama fake complaining that Ruth really did think she was a fine woman, so she didn't decieve him...?

Well, don't take it too seriously, great piece of writing, honestly. Bye!
iluvpushingdaisies chapter 1 . 7/10/2009
Love it, I was Ruth in a school play too! Ruth is so totally the funniest character to play. In my school's version Ruth ended up with the Major General
Malacandra chapter 1 . 4/27/2009
I find it humorous that can't even get the name of the play right. Actually, I would prefer them to just label the section Gilbert & Sullivan. I was thinking about writing a drabble for the Mikado.

Anyway, this fic is very interesting. I have never thought much about the relationship between Frederic and Ruth. Thinking about it more makes Ruth seem like a creepy pedophile, actually. Really, though, she is just a woman desperate for love, which is why she deceived both Frederic and herself into thinking they could love each other. Also, the idea that Frederic misses Ruth makes a great deal of sense. He grew up with her and I'm sure became very attached to her over the years. I wonder if Ruth would make a good grandmother figure. Anyway, thanks for sharing this.