Reviews for Tundra
Herikkusu chapter 16 . 10/19/2013
Fantastic. Excellent ending, and excellent all the way through. The interesting take on the character's "personalities" is ever present here.

After reading so many darker takes on Felix, this one is excellent as well, Felix was a bit brighter and less of a hopeless man. More of a hero with an unchosen, undeniable fate. The romance was different too... More fluffy than most lol, I enjoyed that. (Needed a break from the ANNNGGGSSST lol)

As for Mia, Her untimely fate was a really great turning point in the story, The feelings you get, even as you just read here and on, especially if you have played the games, is immense and wonderful.

and that ending... OH that ending.. Part of me wishes it went farther.. But no no I am getting ahead of myself. It ended spectacularly. The resurrection at the bitter end. Really well done.

Thanks for the great story! and I noticed this one ends your career as well does it not? In that case, I wish you success on whatever you do next in life! Good luck.

With that I bid you... Adieu.

-Stryfe
0100111001001111 chapter 7 . 7/15/2013
You do know why people don't leave comments on good stories right? It's because thier too busy reading! The story's great, I almost forgot to comment myself. Keep up the good work! :) also, here's a cookie for you! ( : : ) it's a very big cookie...
lmc9389 chapter 16 . 6/2/2013
It was a good story, a ton of filler I had to skip and skim through, but overall pretty good
Martin III chapter 16 . 12/21/2012
A surprisingly elegant finish. I would have thought, after that horrendously long break, you'd just want to blow through the end of The Lost Age and maybe throw in a quickie resurrection. Instead, we get a dramatic final battle and a somewhat hokey but fitting close to the character threads.

Garet's section is problematic. While 1st person train-of-thought narratives can work in short bursts, longer passages like this invariably sound silly. They also tend to be hard to follow, since you're using thought fragments in lieu of narration.

Jenna's piece is more credible; her feeling so detached towards her brother is painfully believable given her established personality and their long separation. For her to find strength from Isaac at this time is also an unforced and believable resolution.

Ivan and Sheba's moment of bonding is simply beautiful, perhaps the highlight of this chapter. The communication of thoughts between them is elegantly done. There is a sort of train-of-thought style to it, but it's in the form of a dialogue, not narrative, and your use of images rather than statements removes any notion of similarity to Garet's section. You've made an obvious effort to express their communication as actual thoughts rather than words, and it shows. Interspersing it with Ivan's traditional narrative helps, too. Very few writers explore the interactions between fellow mind-reader adepts, even when Windshipping (which I am not a fan of, incidentally), so this is a real treat.

A few line-by-line problems:
1."At a point," "A moment later," These phrases are essentially hemming and hawing.
2."learned to refrain from question the man" Clearly a typo.
3."should some great disaster arise that we have not foreseen." A little too heavy on the foresight here. In particular, "great disaster" is pretty darn specific for a guy claiming he has no idea what's coming.

I'm a bit rusty on my Golden Sun lore, so I can't comment on how well your version of the history of the lighthouse and the Wise One works, but I enjoyed those scenes and your take on the key events of the game. Certainly in the context of this fic, the Wise One's background is fitting. My only complaint is that I feel more attention should have been given to Karst and Agatio.

The resurrection is well-timed. The fact of it is a bit contrived, but it's a fitting ending to the story, and one certainly can't argue that you rushed things at all.

Finally, I do have to offer you kudos on this fic as a whole. I've probably mentioned it before, but Duskshipping is one of only two Golden Sun shippings that I have any enthusiasm for, so for a fic focused on the competing Softshipping to maintain my interest and enjoyment is a commendable feat. Of course, "Tundra" is much more than just a ship fic, and I've loved your action sequences most of all. But there's more to it than that; Felix's moments of pathos are well-complimented by Mia's purehearted personality. There's a sense of genuine connection between them, rather than contrivance for the sake of a favored shipping. "Tundra" isn't a flawless masterpiece, but it is altogether just what a romance fic should be.
crazy reader chapter 16 . 12/7/2012
SHE IS ALIVE!

I just got to say that. :) Anyways I really like this story but you pretty much made us think of our own ending because yours was more of a cliff/ending/you think it out for yourself kind of ending but I really like because I can totally picture my ending because in my head my ending is cliche really cliche. The power of love isn't it amazing in games and anime but never in real life.

EPILOGUE! NEED EPILOGUE!
Noel the Mermaid chapter 1 . 11/8/2012
It needs a epilogue, please do it, that would be great...
TrippyToastersAndABagOfChips chapter 16 . 10/27/2012
A beautiful ending to an amazing story. I'm so glad you finished this, for a while I thought we'd never see the conclusion. Nothing really to say that hasn't been said already, just wanted you to know I loved this fic. Thank you, and good luck with whatever it is you're doing in the real world.
Marahute-Sol chapter 16 . 10/22/2012
Still reading your chapters, still loving them. Still haven't the time to write any more decent reviews about them. I may have once I graduate in two years. -

You do have an excelent eye for conversation. I like the fact that you stay close to what the original story was about and given it a really nice new point of vieuw as well.

Can't wait for your next upload.

Lots of love,
Marahute
Noel the Mermaid chapter 16 . 10/3/2012
Great final I really love it, it almost made me cry, especially the encounter of Felix and Mia at the final, the feelings were very real, the battle description was good, it was perfect... This is one of the bests stories I ever read, congratulations you are a great author.
Celestia's Paladin chapter 16 . 10/3/2012
While it is joyous to read the next chapter it is always saddening when you get to the end and realize that this is the final chapter of the story. I've been following your tale ever since I returned to the GS fandom years ago and have waited patiently for each chapter to be posted, I knew this day would come but I hoped in a way that it would take much long, after all I want to see more of their adventures.

This chapter is a fitting end, the power of love is strong enough to conquer even death, and three words can turn the tide of fate. The final battle is perfect, the determination the Warriors of Vale against the tides of fate, and the willing fight even a being as powerful as the Wise One for the sake of Mia is touching.

But the one thing I find the best is the ending. After so much sorrow and pain, Felix and Mia get their happy ending. The power love can conquer anything.

Thank you for sharing this tale of love and triumph. I look forward to seeing more by you, and I do have to ask will there be a sequel or a Dark Dawn era story?

Regards,
Celesita's Paladin/GraysonPaladin
Ex Solis et Lunae, Proventia et Prosparita
Droory chapter 1 . 10/3/2012
Thank you. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

This is such a fantastic ending to one of the single greatest (if not THE greatest) stories I have ever had the privelege to read. And I love you for it. Everything in it is absolutely perfect. you have done it justice.

Everyone's seperate emotions, Isaac's steadfast determination, Garet's furious sadness, Ivan and Sheba's tender memory sharing and understanding, Jenna's hopelessness turning back to confidence, Piers' unwavering calmness and faith, and of course felix's own ire towards himself for failing and then finally regaining his hope. It all works so perfectly and you integrated perfectly.

Ply and the Wise One's arguments and battles, the intersting stories they weave, it just pulled me on. You absolute genius. Hell, you even told the story of their past and the Seal. That's just downright brazenly creative. It's entirely believable.

Best of all though, it's happy. After everything, I knew you would right a happy ending, or I hoped so much that I convinced myself I knew that's what you would do. I'm so happy you did. Both Mia and Felix really deserved it, thank you for that.

This may be going on, and I don't want to take up your time reading my nerdish fanvboy screams of joy, but sorry, gotta tell some things. I'm CD first off, me before I joined here, may want to amend this.
Second, yours is the first fanfic I ever read and you inspired me to get into the fanfiction business, so thanks for that, (really helped with the whole creative writing part of english exams)
Third, originally I used your story as abse to adapt it to one of my own (Apologies for that). It shall be edited more fully to omit any plagiarism and you shall be given full credit for its entirety when the time comes for its upload.

Once more, I thank you for this fantastic piece of literary genius. if not for you, I don't know how much different my life might be, I may never have written a fanfic. So, thank you, a thousand times over, thank you.

Your loyal reader, (and a man who has said that he loves you countless times for this),
Droory.
Droory chapter 15 . 8/2/2012
I still love it. I've been following it for quite some time, long before I joined or even started writing, and figured I should finally drop a review.
I feel all the characters are excellently constructed, paying true homage to the essence of the game, and the story is just fantastic.
I know I sound like a fanboy and whatever else, but I can't really help it. I don't have any criticism to offer, save maybe idea conflicts.
Keep it up man, you're gifted.
Sirus7009 chapter 15 . 2/21/2012
Apologies for the delay, my friend. Life has been challenging for me as of late, with very few chances to reply to this chapter. In truth, I read it quite a while ago on my phone, but the blasted device doesn't like FF net for some odd reason, so I couldn't review.

I'm a little distraught by Mia's death. I think I know where you're going to go with this, but there's so much speculation involved on our part and so much creative liberty on your part that it's almost overwhelming... though, I must admit, that's a brave way to write, and I applaud you for doing that. Just do be careful not to break too much canon. This is a wonderful fanfiction, and I'd hate to see flamers bombard you.

Everything is doing great. Aside from the liberties, I'd say this is going in a perfect direction, especially your prominent vocabulary, which I love, and continue to learn from. again I apologize for the late reply, but I must say I cannot wait for the next chapter!
CD chapter 15 . 1/22/2012
Love it. Love everythin about it.

I've been keeping up with this for some time but never had the guts to review. Anyway, through everything you've written I think it is absolutely fantastic. I have no real criticism as such, simply a different mind set for ideas. Yours is interesting and I'm very interested in where you shall go next. The whole Felix as a coward was different, I'll admit, I did always imagine him being mistreated in Prox, but I always pictured him fighting back and arguing with his captors.

I eagerly await Chapter 16.

Thanks for the fantastic rendition so far,

Signed, Mr. Kool-Aid (CD)
Martin III chapter 15 . 12/19/2011
Way to step up the plot! The ending caught me off-guard, since my impression was that you're the sort to write a happy shipping fic, and I certainly don't think you're the sort to use character death as a shock gimmick. Of course, there could be a resurrection around the bend (hopefully not too contrived a one if there is), but that wouldn't keep the tone from being a bit bleaker.

The dialogue is mostly fine, though Ivan's lines from "What in the world" through "be going any worse" sound like dialogue for the sake of dialogue.

Felix's flashbacks are interesting. It's a somewhat unusual take that still works, and the emotionality isn't overdone. For that matter, the same holds true for the adepts' reaction to their loss. My one complaint there is that Felix's exchange with Karst and Agatio felt too glossed-over, even in light of his being focused on losing Mia. But the grief of all of them, particularly Felix and Sheba, comes across as very human and believable.

The action, as usual, is well-paced. Mia's fight with the dragons particularly caught my interest.

The line "And to think, you took solace in the fact that they had time AWAY from their lives, to FIX everything." is rather confusing, and I'm honestly not sure what to make of it. Also, there's one typo of note: "...Saturos announced that, after conferring with Menardi on the matter, that Sheba..." You have an extra "that" in there.

The good thing about the death is, it gives the fic a direction beyond a retelling of The Lost Age with Felix/Mia and Isaac/Jenna romancing along the way. There's now a good deal to look forward to here, and considerably more meaning in the chapters we've already seen.