Reviews for The Devil's Attic Affair
LaH Carabele chapter 1 . 11/5/2009
This was an exciting and intriguing story! Though I'm not really into the previous set of characters you created for the background history of U.N.C.L.E., this tale held my interest from beginning to end.
Enfleurage chapter 1 . 4/16/2009
My one and only complaint is that you don't split your work into Chapters, which would give me the ability to give a thoughtful review to each section.

Other than that, this is another exceptional bit of writing. Your OC founding members of Uncle are vivid people, clearly individuals and I've grown to like them as much as if they were regular Uncle characters.

Cassidy, of course, is so like the Solo that we know, that it's easy to accept him. The scene where Napolean is called upon to take over was a nice passing of the baton.

Illya's assessment of their similarity was perfect: 'Cassidy and Solo were like two coats cut from the same cloth, even if Solo had to work harder to conceal the seams'

Von Linden is an almost-Illya, as you yourself describe "a difficult, complex, man with complicated loyalties." And Cassidy doesn't appear to have any reservations about working with him, and his confidence is on the mark.

Interesting first meeting between Napolean & Illya.

The plot was plausible, well-constructed, and kept me guessing until the very last. I did wonder if the broken down truck was a lure - it seemed far too easy for them.

And bravo on your villains! Louis Delarge was complex and believable, fractured as he was. All too often the bad guys are not human, just 1 or 2 dimensional characters that only serve the plot.

And finally, the history of the citadel was stunning. What an outstanding foundation for the confrontation of good vs. evil as embodied by Uncle & Thrush within this story. Compliments on making both your good and your evil fully human and wonderfully flawed.
Niece of the Prophet Zarquon chapter 1 . 4/14/2009
I love this story. Such a sad end to the heroes of the first part of the sequence. But then it's good to hear that you're planning a third segment.

Payton-Smythe is a terrible mole, really what was he thinking blowing his cover that early.
Lothithil chapter 1 . 4/12/2009
Another truly magnificent story! I stayed up all night reading, couldn't even glance away once. Bravo!