Reviews for Harry Potter and the Balm of Time
10 lines was enough to know this is pure crap, snape mistake, only another abuser can write or think killing an enemy is a mistake.
DaDemigodWizard chapter 4 . 7/20
Loving this fic. Please please keep up the good work
I think your whole time travel theorie is false. Orphan Harry goes into the past, saved his parents, goes into the new future to let new Harry into the past to do what exactly?! And if the new Harry came back, there would be 2 Harrys. And if the new Harry ceased to exist, it is most illogical for Orphan Harry to have no knowledge of this new future / his alternative upbringing. He was raised a slave without knowing most of the people he should know. And he probably chose Runes and the other course instead of Divination, but has no knowledge of those courses. What would his parents say? Sure, it is good for them to have 'Harvey' and 'Hermiah' back, but their son they raised for 16 years is gone... that absolutly doesn't work. Paradoxon ahoi.
Wow... Harry is very, very stupid.
- He is too scared to confess to Hermione? Good Gryffindor he is.
- He just wants to die? Cowart!
- He just lies that Hermione is pregnant as a reason to babysit? Wow... one of the dumbest things I have heard. And tasteless. You don't lie about pregnancy.
- He drinks the poison despite promising Hermione not to drink it? Wow... liar and cowart.
- He just dumps the (fake?) locket at an inferi?! What was the purpose? If it was the fake one, then they are never going to find all, because they think the real locket was destroyed and they won't find the message of R.A.B. in the fake one. Simply stupid.
juniper294 chapter 19 . 5/31
Thank you so much for sharing this story! time travel plots can get really convoluted, but I love the way you detail harry and hermione's lives in the past, and I love the happy ending. thanks for sharing!
Jacebralor chapter 18 . 1/25
Another excellent recommendation from Old Crow, and well worth stopping to story by him to read. About to go check out your sequel now.
Jacebralor chapter 3 . 1/25
Beautiful bit at the end, there, made me feel for a second. Enjoying this so far, looking forward to seeing the rest.
StrongThread chapter 18 . 12/12/2015
Very nice. It's nice to actually have a fan fic that is self contained and comes to a nice conclusion. The writing was good and flowed well.
My only complaint is the interpretation of time travel you used. Rather than having to make it so everything is the same to cause the circumstances for the initial time travel stay the same, I'm more a fan of the "chain of causality". Think of a person's personal timeline as a string. You can take the string and loop it back so it runs beside itself, but the things that happened to make the string loop have already happened and you cannot change that even if you cut the string before the initial loop. Think parallel worlds.
...And now that I've written all that, I realize how silly of me it is to complain about what happens in time travel. Never mind, ignore me. Jolly good show, carry on chap!
NhaTrang chapter 2 . 12/1/2015
Sorry, but I can't wrap my head around the notion of someone who claims to be headed for a PhD program AND has a beta for this story to have so many grammar and punctuation errors and run-on sentences.
brightflare chapter 19 . 11/25/2015
Excellent story!
Potter Trotter chapter 3 . 10/15/2015
Sorry but once I read this chapter I had to stop I mean come on use some imagination on the names
Simianpower chapter 3 . 10/7/2015
Wow. This is awful. The oaths make no sense in either direction. James teaching "Harvey" some family magic the day that they meet is even worse, especially since a large part of the sixth year curriculum in ALL classes is wordless magic. Harry knew it. There was no reason to change that except to have James do something that makes no sense.

I'm out. I'd hoped this would get better, but it's getting worse. 3/10
Simianpower chapter 2 . 10/7/2015
I think that "Harvey Porter" is going to have a lot more trouble than just the name. Harvey Porter, living across the street from a couple with a baby coming that they'll name "Harry Potter", who just happens to look almost identical to James Potter except that he has the eyes of Lily Potter. Uhh, really? They think that they can get away with that?

I'll give this another chapter or two to recover, but there are some serious problems. I don't think that this story was well thought-out. It's not badly written, but there is no logic to it, like it was written train-of-thought.
Simianpower chapter 1 . 10/7/2015
How can he apparate to Godric's Hollow? He's never been there, has no idea what it looks like.

How can he apparate to 1979? He was born October 31, 1980, and thus was conceived some time in 1980. Nine month gestation is still the standard, even for wizards.

This story is already rife with internal inconsistencies and it's only chapter one. Not to mention WAAAAY too much of JKR's text quoted verbatim. There's a difference between fair-use/fanfiction and outright copying. You change only a word here and there. SUMMARIZE! Better yet, don't do that at all. I really hope this is the only chapter where that sort of block-copy is used. Not impressed so far.
Ria0207 chapter 8 . 8/28/2015