Reviews for Playing With Magic
Don-Jam chapter 15 . 2/14/2011
This story as a unique feel to it and you have done what many cannot do and madded a both a OC and a AU story that works.
torybabe chapter 9 . 10/19/2004
I am Irish and speak almost fluent irish (and live in Ireland) so if you ever need to know how to say stuff I'll tell you like- póg mo thón- which means kiss my ass.

Ireland is a beautiful country though the population droipped by alomost four million during the great potato famine which you should very well know if you do irish history in school. Class story with great plot just send me an e-mail if you wan to know how to say more irish words or sentences
NightRain2 chapter 15 . 9/24/2004
I thought the ending was happy enough without add the Epilogue. _

I have noticed two things about your writting style with this story. One - I get too interested in the story to stop and review each chapter. Seeing as how you really don't need an editor, I don't feel hideous about that...

Two - occaisonally you leave readers in the dark. As the writer you know things that we do not, and you know things we never will. Once in awhile that makes things hazy. In an earlier chapter something was mentioned about a connection with an accountant. The connection was not made entirely clear... He seems to be related to Owen and I think perhaps the Weasleys. My problem is I couldn't figure out the exact connection and what the Weasleys had to do with it. I have noticed that on occainsion in the other stories I have read of yours and really only mention it because I am a curious person and I know it is my major flaw as a writer. (I have many many others but that is my current irritant.) I've noticed that flaws in myself are easy to spot in others. While I would like to know this, it didn't ruin the story for me.

I loved your use of accents and the Gaelic language. I thought it did a lot to distinguish the characters and gave the story a unique feel. _

Another job well done. _
me chapter 2 . 10/11/2003
Has Hagrid mastered the art of omnipresence? I see no other way that he'd be at Hogwarts in September of Harry's 5th year.
Harriet chapter 2 . 8/9/2002
Hmmm, I could have sworn I'd already reviewed this...Not one of my favorites of yours, I must admit. That's not to say it's not good, or that I didn't enjoy it, it is and I did, it just doesn't seem to flow quite as well as some of the others. Maybe it's just me. It is good though, an interesting story, taking the familiar placeing and giving it a new twist. Worth a read anyway.

nononononame chapter 1 . 4/5/2002
Just wanted to say that I already love your story just from reading the disclaimer. (Okay, I'm not really that sure about it yet.) Anyway, Gaelic is a second language for me too- I've been teaching myself in my spare time since last August. I'm not very good either, but I do delight in saying random things in it to confuse my friends.
Kat Burnell chapter 1 . 3/28/2002
Oh I really like this story. Ta se go han mhaith (Haven't figured out how to put a fada on this) I learned Gealic in school. Yep, I live in Ireland. Tipperary, Munster actually. This is actually really accurate 'cept for it reminds me slightly of Paddy Clark ha ha ha mixed with Angela's Ashes. But anyhow, I looove it! *hug*

If you're going to write another one of these willy uo email me? I might be able to help

Kat ()
Em chapter 15 . 12/29/2001
Thankyou for your story...i really enjoyed it.
Raven Dancer chapter 15 . 12/27/2001
Wonderful! I raced through the first 12 chapters then was waylaid by Christmas. A treat to be able to linger over thelast 3. I love the richness, the detail. I love the depth that you write at which requires a second and third look to fully appreciate all your nuances. I think a fourth might do me well, too. Oh, and the idea of playing 'fetch' with Fluffy is too delicious for words, except to note I'm glad I'm too old to be tossed up in the air and drooled on in such a manner. Thank you for the story! (mutters as she wanders off, djinn, djinn, what about the three wishes? mumble mumble)
Em chapter 8 . 12/21/2001
I'm still hooked...keep on writting.
Mark chapter 1 . 12/18/2001
Okay, I shouldn't post this since I haven't finished reading your story yet and as a slashaholic am used to lighter things. But here are my views so far. I am glad that you've cleared up all of the spelling mistakes and grammar, it maked it much more readable. However, JKR never used "I" except in dialogue, and in general her style was lighter and more readable. The way you have that first chapter feels very self-indulgent, like you're just telling yourself about yourself or listening to the sound of your own voice. (I don't mean to hurt you, I'm sorry if I do, and I have this problem too.) In chapter 2 of book #1, JKR devotes 2 paragraphs describing what things looked like and then dives straight into the action. Finally, all of the footnotes and songs are distracting; if I knew the melody the song would be less distracting and imposed, and if I knew the pronunciation I wouldn't need to footnotes, but here I get the sense that you care more about traditional spellings and pronunciations and songs than a readable story.

I'm sorry to be so mean to you, and your story could turn out really well. Also, these things are just my personal preferences. Good luck!
Em chapter 6 . 12/18/2001
I really want to know what he cant're good with cliff hangers...Em.
Em chapter 5 . 12/17/2001
Keep up the good work...Em.
HLB chapter 4 . 12/16/2001
Gee, nice story... familiar ring... just kidding! I'm enjoying reading about Owen's adventure at Hogwarts... I'm as intruiged as ever by what the heck is going on with Gregory!
Em chapter 4 . 12/16/2001
Good...i look forward to the next chapter.