Reviews for Sister, Mine
Lazov chapter 1 . 3/26
Is there any particular reason why this story lies abandoned and will it remain as such forever?
jeanpaulreddy93 chapter 1 . 5/30/2013
Hope harry is paired with his twin...
Dark Lord Dobby chapter 1 . 4/29/2013
It was interesting for the a first chapter, it's a shame you didn't continue it because there's a lot of things that I think are hinted at.

Dumbledore obviously knew Harry was alive. "The man nodded solemnly, kind, bespectacled blue eyes dulled in pain." must be Dumbledore, who told the muggles about Petunia. Mrs Figg lived on Privet Drive and in cannon she was sent to live there by Dumbledore to keep an eye on Harry. So the obvious explanation is that Dumbledore knew Harry was the Boy-Who-Lived so he left him with the Dursleys for his protection, like in cannon.

That leads on to some other strange things though. Why didn't the muggles find Jennifer in the house? How did Jennifer get the scar if she wasn't in the house? Dumbledore must have told people Jennifer was the Girl-Who-Lived and she obviously lived with a pureblood family if she is friends with Daphne and Pansy, the Malfoys or Longbottoms maybe? Why didn't Petunia tell Harry he had a sister? Why didn't Dumbledore tell Harry he had a sister?

Lots and lots of questions.
Irish99 chapter 1 . 3/30/2013
Really interested and hope you continue this.
HP-DG-SB-HA-RR-KB-NT-TD-LL-AJ chapter 1 . 11/21/2012
Well, well, well. Interesting, very interesting. I like this start a lot. Too bad you've left it alone for so long. Will you come back to this story or can I assume that its dead? I would very much like to find out just what you wanted to do with this story. I don't read lots of these TWL stories as people put it. While intriguing as an idea, I dislike child neglect and abuse and is the reason I despise the Dursleys so. What is the pairing I should be expecting for this story? Is there going to be one? I would love it if it was Katie Bell with Harry, but you've mark an OC as the listed pairing in the summary... Anyways, keep up the great work and I hope that you'll start writing for this story again soon.

HP-DG-SB
heffronma4 chapter 1 . 11/11/2012
I was wondering weather or not you were planning to continue to write this story, as leaving the story where it is is cruel to myself and other readers.

If you are planning to write more, please do so as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance.

-Mark A Heffron ( Plymouth, UK )
Narg chapter 1 . 4/29/2012
A very promising start to a story. You manage to breathe some life into a dead horse. I just wish you would actually get started :P
X-elemental chapter 1 . 4/7/2012
Fifth-year AU? Does that mean GWL is entering with the rest of the canon cast fifth year here?

Doesn't fit with the TWL genre, tbh. And, truth to be told, if they're the same year, they're going to constantly get compared and there will very likely be sibling rivalry, with them being completely different people, and instead of Harry being loved and hated at the drop of a dime there would be instead be major sides and troupes gravitating towards either of them, completely changing all years, especially with GWL being in Slytherin. Frankly, the key scenes pretty much would have to make up the books themselves, as both the micropolitics and macropolitics would be truly AU.

The idea, however, is indeed a very well presented premise, as well as older age of sis giving another reason to get married immediately.
Lazy chapter 1 . 10/16/2011
Sesc, we need mooooaaar. You know who this is.
Savile chapter 1 . 9/25/2011
I really enjoyed this story and I hope you find the time to update this. There aren’t enough good TWL fics out there.

One thing that did trouble me is why didn’t Dumbledore tell Harry about his sister from the get go? It seems like a really ridiculous oversight, I mean if she’s on Chocolate frog cards then he can’t be hoping to keep it a secret, and what motive would he have for doing that anyways?

I may be misreading things but it seemed to me like you were foreshadowing Harry being the next Tom Riddle, or at least Dumbledore thinking he will be. For instance the Professors remark about the last time he visited a muggleborn student. His reactions to Harry’s outbursts and to what Harry said about magic in the train station.

I really did enjoy this story and I hope you eventually revisit it.
temporary placeholder chapter 1 . 7/19/2011
Disappointing to see just the first chapter. The "Katie B." listed as the secondary character is also curious. I haven't really read a good TWL story, but from what little this first chapter provides, it promises to be worthwhile. I also very much enjoyed reading "The French Affair," and eagerly await your further work.
xavierp chapter 1 . 5/3/2011
You have, or had, a solid premise for this story - what happened? Will you be continuing with it?
Meteoricshipyards chapter 1 . 4/20/2011
That was a great start, and a logical way to have the wrong-boy(girl)-who-lived without making James and Lily evil.

So who did Harry's sister grow up with?

Thanks for the story. Hope you continue this.

Tom A.
Voice of the Nephilim chapter 1 . 1/9/2011
Hmm, been reading the fandom for three years, yet have yet to read a single story of yours. Time to change this.

I enjoyed the first glimpse at your Dumbledore, however, you really need page breaks. The abrupt change of scene was jarring without them.

AU territory? I had thought the Dursleys always claimed the Potters died in a car accident.

Hmm, so I see that there indeed in a AU split, with Dumbledore believing the child of prophecy was dead. Though the circumstances...I guess I'm not exactly sure what happened. Did someone want Dumbledore to believe Harry was dead?

I can buy that Harry would have that type of tantrum at the gravesite, but to state his case with such clarity and eloquence...seems a little much.

If this is to be a TWL fic, why then is an eleven year old on a Chocolate Frog card? If the world believes Harry and Voldemort dead, what would Jennifer's great accomplishment be?

In general, the writing as of a very high quality, exceeding the character interactions themselves. I look forward to another update...sometime, I guess?
Lord Sia chapter 1 . 12/30/2010
How about Dumbledore being fool *not* to tell Harry about his *sister*?

Otherwise, it seems promising. You are right about the Twin-Who-Lived thing, the best ones are those where Harry merely suffers benign (or no) neglect due to the reactions of the rest of the wizarding world - and even those are often poorly made.
54 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »