Reviews for and bit by bit, we break
Lanter chapter 1 . 4/26/2009
I have read horrible fics and this was far from it. Stubbornness and angst would be a realistic part of Derek and Casey getting together, you captured that pretty well.
blackfphoenix chapter 1 . 4/21/2009
Definitely made of FULL WIN. epic WIN not epic fail. I love it. I think it's perfectly imperfect. It's broken and choppy but with emotion and streams of consciousness that wrap into one and turn writing into poetry and poetry into writing. The bitterness leaves an aftertaste in the mind where it'll fester and never be forgotten because hope and love and choices make up our lives and sometimes we want to say screw the world to our darling. The trysts in the dark and ignorance yet constant signals that are seen are what a doomed soap opera needs to breathe and live in our imaginations. It's quite beautiful. As writers we are our harshest critics but sometimes we need to accept that nothing is perfect and ideas change over time, that words don't come to the mind easily and writing is an art form for the expression of the soul that is made up of many complex webs and melodies unheard for others to enjoy the strings and appreciate their own songs.
Catspaw Blackgaard chapter 1 . 4/15/2009
I enjoyed the story! Maybe a little more description of both of their emotions would have enhanced the story, but it was quite good! I definitely want to read more Dasey stories from you!
Frogster chapter 1 . 4/13/2009
Aw, that was kind of cute. Still love the parentheses. :D
itsi3 chapter 1 . 4/12/2009
I likeit! I could see the dark and angsty-ness of it all! It almost made me cry! I'm so glad they got together at the end!

It is shoppy but since i have no actual writing experience I'm the wrong person to ask for help.

I REALLY did like it though!

~Crystal
WhenLighteningStrikes chapter 1 . 4/12/2009
Um...hello? Epic-ally FAIL? Totally, if you just replace that f-word with its antonym.

Wow.

Seriously.

I just *Love* the tone, and it's so short but powerful, and totally leaves a bittersweet aftertaste. I love how you've used the words, they're beautiful and heartbreaking. And God! Poor Derek/Casey, so bitter and broken and having to pretend everything is fine.

But then Dasey is never that simple.

I loved the bracketed quotes (how absolutely delicious!)

"( and they say darling, screw the world)"

THIS is MADE of win! (Glad you're back!)
Sidney Ella Ford chapter 1 . 4/12/2009
Very interesting. Angsty, smooth, and just the right amount of sweetness. Gosh, do I sound like a freak or what? Nice to hear from you again!
princetongirl chapter 1 . 4/12/2009