Reviews for The Love Affair of Nagato Yuki
just a dude who reads alot chapter 12 . 3/4
...I wanna kill myself... I NEED A SPINOFF!
barney.turner.10 chapter 12 . 12/19/2014
Ill keep it brief - I think *thats classified*
barney.turner.10 chapter 10 . 12/19/2014
Re: the epilogue/teaser - ("Dear God; the fourth wall lies in ruins!")
Even though a lot has changed, some things stay the same. And by change I mean progressed...and in a satisfactory way (IMO, at least).
Due to the Yuki VS Ryoko battle its clear that Yuki has the ability to display emotion; at the very least her facial expression was evidence of displeasure with Ryokos course of action, bordering on anger, so her stern tone/mannerism when rebuking Kyon for punching the wall is easy to mentally visualize...I wouldnt have called it ferocity, more a projection of her annoyance that the person she loved had injured themselves.
I also like the way that Yuki can still be analytical in her manner at times, yet it doesnt feel like shes just 'flip-flopping' between her original personality (such as it was) & this new 1, its a fusion of the two that, whilst not exactly seamless, feels 'proper' - but not in a predictable/expected manner.
Oh no...only 2 chapters left!
barney.turner.10 chapter 9 . 12/19/2014
At the risk of sounding like a certain fast-food franchise, "Im lovin ' it"
BTW, the chorus of "Awww" consisted of THREE voices: Mikuru, Ms. Asahina... & me lol.
On with the story..!
Aaronmcglashon chapter 12 . 11/11/2014
This was such an amazing story. You have some real talent for depth and characterization! I loved this soo much. I literally cried in the sad moments, and laughed out loud at the funny ones. This made me very happy to have read this...this is such a fantastic work of fanfic...pls write more stories.
EisenKoubu chapter 12 . 9/6/2014
Bravo. As a huge fan of the Disappearance movie, I am a firm follower of the Kyon x Nagato pairing. This story delivered on all fronts, and was a blast from beginning to end. I'm also a big fan of how much you bash Haruhi in this story, because Haruhi is the bane of my existence. However, you also did a good job in justifying Haruhi's feelings for Kyon, which in my eyes allows me to respect the Kyon x Haruhi shippers more. That being said, you made it very clear that Nagato was the one for Kyon in this story, and I applaud you for it. Bravo.
ZeronosVega chapter 2 . 7/3/2014
Aside from the few grammatical errors and the line spacing (or lack thereof), this chapter was really touching. Kyon's mind seemed to be all over the place, which I can understand given the gravity of both Yuki's situation and the revelation of learning (or remembering?) that Yuki harbors feelings for him. I'll have to see what transpires in the next chapter some other time (I need to get to bed at a reasonable hour, which I've neglected to do as of late). Cheers!
ZeronosVega chapter 1 . 7/3/2014
It's been a long time since I've read anything about or related to the Haruhi universe (a few of years to be exact). So I wanted to start with a story regarding my personal favorite pairing in the series and your story was the first which caught my attention. This chapter was good, though certain aspects were hard to read. In particular, the dialogue got hard to read while being intermingled with the poem or where the same character had two separate lines of continuous dialogue.

Beyond those slight difficulties, the chapter tied into canon well and I enjoy seeing Kyon's thought bubbles (if you ever edit it, you might want to give them a distinct text decoration such as italics), which is very true to the novels. I'm eager to see how these next few chapters go.
JohnPeacekeeper chapter 12 . 6/12/2014
FWAAAAAAAAAAH?!

THAT end... was mind blowing (and possibly a bit traumatic for Kyon). But I gotta hand it to you, this was brilliant from beginning to end. It was hardly predictable, had perfect pacing, great shifting in tone and consistency in theme. If there was any way we would have a Yuki-route, this would definitely be it right here.

All in all, a wonderful story of an alien and a goddess discovering love, emotions, and true friendship. I loved reading it, and will probably re-read it again sometime.

Thanks for the trip. Peace out.
JohnPeacekeeper chapter 11 . 6/12/2014
Shy innocent girl and great problem-solving goddess, pretty much sums up the entity known as Yuki Nagato-both sides of her if her own manga is anything to go by.

" Or it's that you don't... find me attractive?" Heh, the one unbeatable question.

Quite a cute afterstory and once again very refreshing. And the way they handle sex already makes this so much better than other fics that don't make a big deal out of it when it really should.
JohnPeacekeeper chapter 10 . 6/12/2014
Well, that's quite the happy ending you have right there. And it still manages to keep the consistency of both canon and your own developments. Well done sir/madam!

Typical of Haruhi Suzumiya, the tone and mood still feels just like reading the novels, even with Kyon being more active in the lover aspect. Also keeps with the theme that Haruhi is ALWAYS at the center of everything no matter what happens around her, it just so happens that the "side story" romance is what we came for

But I'd say the best part is definitely Yuki smiling. It certainly would be more radiant than a white sun. Although, whenever she blushes, I can't help but picture her as Disappearanceverse Yuki, with the glasses. Still refreshing either way while making sense. She's still who she is: stoic one moment and red-faced bliss in the next

All in all, it's been a great series. Looking forward to reading the after-story now.
JohnPeacekeeper chapter 5 . 6/8/2014
Classic master-class deceiver Asahina (big) :D

Actually reallt felt like I was reading the light novel. While it feels a bit weird letting Haruhi have faith in fantasy, I think it's for the best, since she has to both move on while keeping it the same fantastic world Kyon chose to live in with the real Nagato
JohnPeacekeeper chapter 1 . 6/8/2014
Wow. Just the first chapter and already the best Nagato fic I've read, and I've read a bunch of them already. This one has perfect pacing, and each of the characters are very consistent.

Including classic romantically dense Kyon xD

Looking forward to reading the rest
LOLOLOLOL chapter 12 . 11/26/2013
That ending! I laughed so hard at that. This was a great read and I loved the conclusion. Please keep writing.
MCRfan020100 chapter 5 . 9/12/2013
First off, I would like to say that YOU, Rick777 are a fucking genius.
1.) This story opens up the characters in your own way. Creating a whole new agenda for them, one of which, changes my view on the cast.
(Not necessarily OOC, but smth that fits the characters.) Like srsly Nagato w/ emotions, Koizumi NOT smiling ;sounding unpleased(that shit's scary), and Asahina being depicted as caring,grown up, and bloody mature. Nott the clumsy, naive, moe girl. Gawd.

2.) That speech with Haruhi in the park was.. well... DEEP.. Made me shed a tear man (out of bloody joy and overwhelming emotions)
Plus the explanation for the letters from John Smith to Haruhi thing made my mind go boom. Like you deserve the Darwin Award for that :))

3.) The story's sharp-ass wit. Makes me giggle everytime.

And 4.) KyonxYuki, the most under-used and by far this category's most interesting shipping! Plus I like Nagato more than anyone else anyway.. ;)
I really look forward to this Fantastic Fic's ending mate! Kudos.