Reviews for The Love Affair of Nagato Yuki
AnimeFan1016 chapter 12 . 12/31/2010
I enjoyed reading this story. And that was a nice twist for the ending too! Hahahaha!
CryingCicada chapter 12 . 11/28/2010
that last bit had me ROLLING, and now I'm imagining Kyon's expression, priceless. :)
moviefan-92 chapter 1 . 10/21/2010
I really liked you poem. Did you make it up yourself? You should try and get it published.
ZeroXSEED chapter 12 . 10/8/2010
Uh...ummm...how should i said this, this is MY FIRST TIME reading a Haruhi Fic, and...for some reason...umm...well, my emotion is twisted up and down...you got the characterization right.

'Evolving' Nagato instead of 'Derailing' Nagato, can't be more awesome than that. Evolving Haruhi is interesting, as she regains a self-preservation without suppressing her feelings ion the end. And (somewhat) evolving Kyon and Itsuki (insert homoerotic jokes here) almost caught me "HELL! A PAIR OF HIDDEN BADASS!". What I'm disappointed at, is lack of (Present) Mikuru's EXACT INVOLVEMENT, but then again I realized that, Future Mikuru is constantly changed, that's means that PRESENT MIKURU herself is evolving!

Umm...well, that one last twist was just...unexpected, although there HAS been speculation about it already, but it really caught me off guard. Overall, I'll give 10/10 for the characterization and 8.5/10 for the twist...
Dinya chapter 2 . 9/3/2010
...and in 'People, Who Do Not Understand Recursion' we have Franklin D. Roosevelt, who said "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself.".

"... I see..." said Yuki and knew that Kyon did not either.

I mean: Seriously, how can you make such a BS quote a centerpiece of a chapter (Or perhaps the whole plot? Don't know yet.), where the addressed being is someone with an inherent grasp of mathematics?

You surely realize that '(fear of fear)' implies 'fear of (fear of fear)' and so on ad infinitum, which results in the general 'fear of cognition' and leads to a deadlock (or at the very least, to a very frightened 'humanoid interface'.

While 'fear *only* fear itself' is equivalent to 'fear nothing', because, if followed, there is no fear to begin with and so the recursive statement is irrelevant.

Thus you forsake the whole emotion, something that Yuki should be *actually* capable of doing.

She would not, of course; at least, not because of following this advice, as the redundant formulation plus Kyon's "You must accept this as a part of yourself." BS (for it is "COMPLETELY NORMAL" [sic]) surely tipped her off that he did not *actually* mean it - just pulling 'deep wisdom' and cached thoughts form his ass. Pitiful indeed, Kyon.
meterion chapter 12 . 8/28/2010
Excellent, excellent, EXCELLENT. Never seen any fic, particularly Kyon/Yuki that's been able to pair them realistically, and beyond the nuclear fallout upon Haruhi's realization.

References to everything were amusing (especially tvtropes) but the best part was by far the character development. The occaisional awkward phrasing and unavoidable cliches were a bit off-putting, but it was done brilliantly.

Favorite: Yuki's idea of filtering out sex to it's symbolic/emotional/spiritual levels plus the discourse on doujins. Definitely the high part of the series.

Least Favorite: The incredibly strange wording of "Uncle John's" letters just seemed incredibly wrong and gave me a headache (Was this intentional?). Also, I literally shuddered at the idea that Kyon's sister is the Mikuru that Kyon lusts over for the entire canon series. IT IS HORRIFYING AND NOT ENJOYABLE TO CONSIDER THAT.

Overall: A
savageorange chapter 12 . 8/12/2010
well, after reading all that, I have to say.. ADORABLE and really touching story. And you managed to have a marriage sequence that seemed non-evil! IME that's really rare, virtually everybody eith writes marriage sequences with either marked cynicism, or writes innocently/unknowingly of deceptively-pleasant events with a morally problematic basis.

I think you have put some serious thought into this story, and I applaud you for that, too!
savageorange chapter 1 . 8/12/2010
Sorry, 'killed Kyon'. I just assumed from the initial manner of expression that it was being written from Yuki's PoV.
savageorange chapter 1 . 8/11/2010
Just got here from TvTropes' MoSH fic rec page, and promptly noticed:

"To my demise, Suzumiya Haruhi is anything but rational"

Well, if Haruhi had killed Yuki, I could hardly expect that to be rationally motivated.

Now, if you written 'detriment' rather than 'demise', there wouldn't be such implications of Haruhi killing Yuki, merely inconveniencing her.
Spector29 chapter 12 . 8/3/2010
Not cool. I demand a lemon.
Amicampus chapter 2 . 7/30/2010
Great & engaging story, some spelling & grammar errors. I really loved it !

by the way, for those of you who didn't know,

the phrase "We have nothing to fear but fear itself"

was said by President Franklin D. Roosevelt

by 秋 (Aki, pen name)
Dancing Mask chapter 8 . 7/18/2010
"What is this, the Spanish Inquisition?" xD Wow, I love the references here- just like Kyon, history, myths and legends are related to ordinary events excellently. You manage to write Yuki well, and even have diagrams and analogies for Koizumi... I am in awe of how well researched and in character this is.

Keep it up- time travel has always been great, and Kyon x Yuki is adorable!
rick777 chapter 12 . 7/10/2010
I'd like to thank Nakano for his/her review. I really appreciate it! :) Unfortunately I had to delete it for that last spoiler. Please, if you want to ask a spoilery question, do so via private message.

Now, to answer your question, that last bit is open to the reader's interpretation. It makes things more interesting! :)
Anmynous chapter 11 . 7/4/2010
Ah, but just one complaint - the reveal at the end seems completely unnecessary. It's also a bit of a time snarl since she'd have to be just old enough, but I suppose she could willingly go to the future before being sent back.
Anmynous chapter 12 . 7/4/2010
Can't favorite this hard enough. Smiles and tears and character development coming out of my ears.

The marriage seemed a bit sudden, but still... a masterpiece.
119 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »