Reviews for Orbis Aureus
Nimthiriel Eruhin chapter 1 . 5/19/2013
Heeheehee. I actually really like this. I don't even know why, I usually deplore the stories that pair off Holmes with anyone since I personally believe him to be an asexual character. But I really enjoyed this. Seriously. It's just cute.
cjnwriter chapter 1 . 2/13/2013
I liked this little piece. It was very sweet, and has a quiet beauty about it. You did a great job keeping Homes IC, which definitely would be hard with this particular premise.
Anawey chapter 1 . 12/12/2010
Oh my Gods, please tell me you have more about Holmes and Abigale! That's so sweet, at the end there. I loved it.
How Like a Winter chapter 1 . 12/30/2009
I couldn't stop smiling throughout this! It can't be easy to write Holmes as married and keep him in character, but you do that wonderfully.
Starkreactor chapter 1 . 12/29/2009
Aw...he is so cute when he's agitated... Lol, I bloody love your madness...:D
Protector of the Gray Fortress chapter 1 . 9/5/2009
And just so's you know Ms. Marriete, THIS author is one of the foremost, constant contributors to this fandom. If she wants to write a story about Holmes going around wearing celery on his lapel thats fine with me.

That being said, Brat Pitt and Angelina Jolie ARE nauseating.
Protector of the Gray Fortress chapter 1 . 9/5/2009
Wow, that was a brave step, crossing the line that few Sherlockians have the guts to face. Holmes married.

I like the characterizations, and the name Abigail. I've read the Mary Russell Series and I have to say that your take on Holmes marriage blows hers out of the water.

Well done.
Cladissa Jean Marriette chapter 1 . 9/5/2009
Who's this author?

You might as well write a story 'bout Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie, holmes getting married, awk!
laloga chapter 1 . 7/14/2009
This ficlet was adorable, (which is something that I never thought I'd say about anything Sherlockian, btw), and well written. Are you going to continue it? I'd love to know more about the woman that "got" out hero. The use of the wedding ring to show Holmes' discomfort about his nuptials was quite clever and refreshing. Well done!
bluedragon1836 chapter 1 . 6/27/2009
aw, sweet!
Hijokugei chapter 1 . 5/11/2009
...hm...

This seems rather difficult to imagine, but artfluffily done nonetheless.
QueenOfHearts3 chapter 1 . 4/13/2009
*falls over laughing* oh, thats priceless! XD our dear Holmes is so nervous... and no wonder, hes finally married! i should like to see how this particular state of affairs came to pass, and certainly what will become of the pair _
AmatorLinguae chapter 1 . 4/13/2009
That was wonderful! Crazy, but wonderful. :) Holmes stays in character throughout, and I can totally sympathize with the ring-frustration. Their little exchanges were very cute - and I was happy to see poor James in there! :D I can only imagine Holmes' reaction to reading a poem about himself... I really like how you leave so much to the reader's imagination, yet still tell the back-story gracefully.

Oh - and kudos for the Latin title! :)
Jeannie-Mckay chapter 1 . 4/13/2009
I LOVE THIS STORY! I was a bit worried when I read the first few lines, but it's really well written and Holmes' reaction to being married is hilarious, especially the fact that he didn't think about married life at night.

I love the line about the drapes, I shall be giggling about that all afternoon. Thanks for a great story, and thank-you to the madness that inspired you to write it!

Jeannie
Kai chapter 1 . 4/13/2009
Interesting. I would never thought of him marrying a poet.