Reviews for Metroid Prime
The Time Traveler chapter 11 . 12/11/2012
This was a very nice novelization. A very very good one. I am glad I took the time to read this. And a nice touch making the hive mecha someone for Samus to talk to, rather than to thin air. :)

Good work.
Wunderwaffen chapter 1 . 8/24/2009
Awesome!
Shadow Wolfboy chapter 1 . 7/29/2009
I always hated the part where samus lost everything...

but it wouldn't be a metroid game unless you had to find power ups right?
sirkibble2 chapter 1 . 5/19/2009
I see you don't have any reviews. *sads* I know how that feels. However, I must comment being one who does novelizations.

First thing I noticed was that 98% of this is taken STRAIGHT out of the game. From the scans, to the puzzles solved; most of it was what you saw visually in the game.

This critique may puzzle you and I wouldn't blame you. A novelization is taking the game and putting it in novel form, right? Yes. However, when novelizing a game, the best route to take is to use the game simply as a platform for your personal creativity. Dialogue, reactions, fight scenes, etc can be put to your own personal creativity. Things like descriptions of clothes, environments and other things you have absolute no control over should be described as is.

What you did is simply retell what a person does in a game. There's no engagement with the user.

For example you write: "After deactivating a force field, she noticed that the next set of force field controls were offline. Turning on her new Scan Visor, she scanned a panel nearby. Force field activation switches are now online."

A more interesting way to write it could be: Samus noticed two tall pillars with large red activators on the side. A force field stood between the pillars blocking her path to advance through abandoned vessel. She tried punching the button. No luck. She kicked it. Nothing happened. She decided to scan the activators and found that they were sensitive to her power beam. She shot each of the activators and the force field faded away allowing her to continue her excavation.

Obviously, a lot more wordy and some goofiness into it but it's a lot more interesting to read. You can do that with the Parasite fight instead of saying "The Queen was less resilient than she seemed. After blasting it for a few minutes, the metal plate beneath it gave way, and it got sucked into the reactor."

Food for thought. Happy writing! _

*shameless plug* You can check out my Metroid: Corruption to see how I've novelized the story so far. Or you Metroid: Hunters also. _